Page 277 of 436 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 4358

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 277

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Food adventures

Both the sausage-stuffed, bacon-wrapped prunes and the devilled eggs with sun-dried (henceforth to be called Sunny Devils)were delicious. I'll definitely make them again. And, I think I want to try devilled eggs with anchovies. Best part about that is I am the main anchovy fan in the family, so I should get most of them.

Bubbling in the crockpot right now is Snow White Stew- beef heart with onion, sweet potatoes, and tomatoes.

And I'm cooking up a mess of greens tomorrow morning. I think I will make some Scotch eggs to go with them.

Still left to do: make the patties for the dogs. Beef, fish, eggs, apple, carrots, oats, and broccoli, this time.

Spent large amounts of money today, on college items. Somewhat harrowing. And it is not over yet.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    My DS was uninterested in most of what they say he needs at college, so the stuff for his dorm was not too bad. The cost of his new computer was staggering though.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I remember spending a ton of money getting ready for college. Bedding, futon, refrigerator, etc, etc, etc... Glad my kids are a ways off from college at this point.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    *shudder*. I remember those days...getting our son ready to go to college. We were still on the island so add in the cost of plane tickets back & forth...computer...him a truck...apt on campus(non dorm), books. It was always something! I'm glad we only had one. I'm not sure what the point is anymore unless they are going in to a specialized field. There's no jobs, but that's a discussion left for a different forum! lol. All that money we spent & he's a bartender! And damn lucky to have that. Oh & the little s*^t didn't even finish & get a degree! Had 3 semesters left! Kids!! Gotta love 'em! lol

Good luck!!! And yes you will cry when your baby goes off to college...just like when they went to kindergarten that first day! It was the hardest thing in the world when I had to get back on that plane & leave him here. I cried practically the whole 5 hr flight back! lol

Sympathy hugs!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Some stress here today, before, during, and after making a phone call about a theft in our home. I feel proud of myself that I did NOT stuff my face with food. I sipped on some kombucha instead, and talked out loud until I had calmed myself down. Now happily full of stew, and thinking of a fried banana before bedtime if I get hungry again. Or maybe even if I don't. Fried banana- such a good dessert!

All the cooking/prep got done yesterday, so the fridge is packed with good things for man and beast.

Felt myself strutting a little today. It is just easier to move when you are lighter.

Got all the cobwebs vacuumed up today, except for a small area by the front door where a hundred or so little spider babies had just hatched out. They got a pass.

Also vacuumed out the car, and wiped down all the vinyl, and spritzed the seats with Febreze( I get a pass on chemical use when it is my mother-in-law coming!). I have been putting off trimming the hedges, but think I might tackle them tomorrow. That is one thing I KNOW she will notice.

Middlest has not begun packing. I am trying not to nag, but feeling very nervous. I don't think she understands how long it will take to sort through her stuff.

The weight has gone up and down in puzzling ways this last week. I am writing down the numbers and not thinking about them too much, counting on it all to average out.

I had no muscle soreness after my workout last week, so even though I FELT LIKE I was lifting as much as I could, I obviously WASN'T! Maybe my brain just doesn't have confidence in my muscles. I plan to add 10 pounds to each of my arm lifts, and 20 for the leg exercises.

Plopped some apricot and ginger slices into the kombucha I bottled this morning. We'll see how it turns out. My first batch is a little too tart for me. I've had to add a little sweetener. Otherwise, I feel like I'm chugging apple cider vinegar. I'll see if the fruit helps, and also, I might stop this next batch after four days, instead of six. My SCOBY mother grew a baby, which impressed me no end.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I was surprised my kombucha was ready after 6 days, possibly because it is summer and quite warm in the spot where I am keeping the jar. I could have added more blueberries, but still I am very pleased with the batch. The peach bottles are fabulous, very peachy. It is so much fun making kombucha!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I have not garnered the strength to try kombucha... but I also have not tried many many primal things...

Theft? Did someone break in or did someone who was visiting steal something? Bad deal either way. Hope everything is worked out and ok now.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Oh no Sabine!! A theft??? I hope no one was home...everyone ok? We have been robbed before too, a long time ago. It takes away your peace of mind for a while...I slept with a pistol within hands reach for about a week. Hubby went out of town a couple of days later. It gets easier. I'm so sorry that happened to you & your family!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Our freezer went out (we think at the same time as the washer) and we just discovered it yesterday. We lost quite a bit of food. Chickens, things for the dogs, lamb chops, broth. Big sad face.

Very busy today, getting things for Middlest's college adventure. Spending money is exhausting. I had a nice pork chop to recover.

Just finished watching 'Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.' An inspiring story, but light on the science. I did enjoy seeing the testimonials. I went to their website and checked out some of their juicing recipes. I would probably make them as smoothies, to keep the fiber, but it is good to have another recipe source. I just kept thinking about the sugar load, though. And the protein values.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The theft was by a repairman. Still trying to get some response from the owner of the company. A horrible and uncomfortable situation all around.

I was VERY HUNGRY yesterday during my Down Day, and ended up eating a pork chop as my calories for the day(Plus some kombucha.). Very satisfying. But I still woke up hungry this morning. I don't want to eat breakfast, as I am taking Middlest out for an early sashimi lunch, but then I went and did some yard work in the hot sun, and now I am feeling weak and shaky, even. Drinking water and resting. Come on, body! There's plenty of energy stored on my hips. Go get some!

The yard work is in honor of my mother-in-law's visit. I trimmed the hedges, raked out the beds, and cut down all the volunteer trees that have sprouted since the last time I did this. More raking! All that is left is spreading some new mulch. I found some poison ivy, but I am hoping it didn't find me.

On the food front, I am planning on delving into my paleo cookbook a little more. Those last recipes turned out so well I want to see what else appeals. Hmmm...Meaty Pumpkin Souffle? Ginger Shrimp Salad?