Page 27 of 424 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 27

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Heehee. I don't think we're much of an eye-rolling crowd. But okay, just once in a while. Weekly doses of honesty, perhaps?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Sabine, I think it's a thing of not wanting to admit it to myself, much less anyone else. If I don't write it down, I can forget about it and move on like it never happened.

That and what Longing said... if I have slip-ups all the time and post them all the time, everyone will be like "here were go again... jenn's not showing self control again *eye roll*".
    OMG girl, have you read my journal? Miss binge and whine at least once a month thanks to PMS and perimenopause. Honestly though, I worried about the same thing. I don't post every little slip anymore, but then I don't post food daily either as a personal choice. I also decided not to post right away when I am angry at my husband or over emotional about anything else. If I wait a few hours, I usually get some perspective. I would never want to post something that would hurt my husband. I actually deleted a few things for the same reason.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Where to start??

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    A clean house would be much better, but sadly, I get no cravings for that, just a feeling it would be a good thing to have, but unattainable- like enough fiber on a daily basis.)
    I gave up on a clean house...about 20 years ago...my goal now is "passable, if you don't look too hard"

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    You know it is bad when you start thinking about fibbing to your journal. But what's the point of that? I'll know I'm lying, and though I might put it over on any readers, again, point?
    I think we all come to this realization. I started my journal for ME. What's the point in lying to myself??

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I hate those binges... the ones you really can't explain. Good for you being able to overcome it. I tend to choose other "suitable" things in an attempt to substitute for what I really want and all that does is cause me to consume more calories b/c I'm eating and eating and eating trying to overcome my desire, and give in anyway and eat what I desired. i would have been better off to eat what I desired!! lol
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I don't post every little slip anymore, but then I don't post food daily either as a personal choice.
    I've just recently decided to do the same. But then, for the most part I've got the eating figured out. It's the MOVING I'm struggling with
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

My dear Spambot

Okay, no triangle of death for you. But only because you chose to quote the Liquid Fat Bomb poem back at me. How can I resist that? And it comes at just the right time, too. That might be the perfect breakfast for me this morning. If only all Spambots were so intelligent and thoughtful.

I had a huge whack of stress(that I'm not going to get into a description of, just accept that it was STRESS) last night. The only good thing was it pissed me off so much that I got past the point of wanting to eat to relieve stress, and was just VERY pissed off.

So my 'protein and fats' day went well. No culinary slip ups. Even made it past that tricky moment in the afternoon when I wanted 'a little something'. I was so busy that made it all the way to a real meal at dinner with just a little bit of effort.

Here's how it went down:

Up at 5:00 (dogs!)
    Vitamins

9:30 3 pork sausages
    3 eggs fried in
    lard

1:30 6oz lambchops, grilled
    1T A-1 sauce

6:15 taco meat(homemade- beef, organs, spices, salsa) 'casserole'
    sauce made of sour cream
    cheddar
    egg
    green salsa and a
    smidgen of spaghetti squash

Bed at 11:00 (I told you there was stress)

Very few carbohydrates, and not that many calories either, if I counted those.

I am not a calorie counter. I write down general amounts in my food log, so that if I ever want to do calorie counts, I can get a ballpark figure. Maybe to replicate a time when I have had success with weight loss. But in general I am working with the idea of using the fabled 'metabolic advantage' of lower-carb eating, the hunger-supressing effects of ketosis, and that I will be satisfied with a proper diet of real food for humans. So far, I am completely happy with my weight loss. I am not one of those people whom the weight just 'falls off of', but my body IS co-operating with gradual weight loss. Here's hoping it continues all the way down to GOOOOOOAL!

As for the protein and fat day, it did what I wanted. No cravings. My tricky afternoon desire for food was strictly about the scheduling- it was 4:30, and dinner was planned for 6:00. Didn't want to eat early, and then not with my family. Didn't want to have just 'a little something to tide me over', 'cause we know where that has led me the past week. I dithered, and got busy with what was going on, and managed to put off eating until the 'right' time. Success!

I'm going to have another protein and fat day today, hopefully, with much less stress. (Pause for acceptance meditation.)
    Last edited by Sabine; 03-30-2012 at 03:57 AM. Reason: bedtime addition

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    so sorry Sabine that a big zap of stress crept in last night! But it sounds like you handled it very well!! yay you! Today is a beautiful new day & hopefully you can let it go & move forward!

Today is going to be stress free Friday for all of us!! I have put it out to the universe that it will be as I say!!! lol

{{{hugs}}} to start it off!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Amazing self-control!

lol @ your spam-bot.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

STRESS, Part Two

Well, the stress came back for a second round this morning, and worse, just as I was about to make a Liquid Fat Bomb for breakfast (about 7:00). I instantly lost my appetite. I had to be at my temp job at 8:30, and sure enough, right after dropping off Littlest, at about 8:10, I got hungry. I only had fifteen minutes, and I did not want to just have a rushed breakfast.

So I decided to just be hungry.

Went off to work and thought about being hungry once in a while, but otherwise, I made it home without diving onto a child's lunchable. I am now making a batch of sausage and peppers, some for now, some for the family's dinner(we're having a smorgasbord).

A success. Here was a thought I had. Not original, but the first time I had considered it for my personal situation.

When we're stressed, our bodies are not interested in digestion. Our MINDS may be, due to our conditioning them to stress-relief eating, but our bodies have better things to do. Being so stressed that I don't want to eat is a rarity for me, but I'm wondering if that is from mental, not physical reasons. My stress-eating comes from not wanting to acknowledge my feelings, literally 'stuffing them down' with food. But when I get into a SUPER-STRESS situation there is no denying the feelings. They come bursting out. Maybe this allows my body to give its message: 'hey, no eating right now', and be heard. Maybe I can change my stress-relief eating by being brave and listening to my feelings, even the little ones. Maybe my body has been shouting 'no food right now!' for years, and I just haven't been listening.

Hmmm. Another situation for bravery. Seems like being primal is not for wimps.

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    For me the not eating due to stress related reasons has always been more for mental reasons. A break-up that left me losing 15 lbs in 2 weeks because I simply forgot to eat dinner and had wine instead. The final college exams where everyone else would be living off of pizza and cup of noodles, I'd instead be powering through liters of water, food never entering my mind. It's fascinating how that works. Sometimes I wish that "bikini season" coming up would be stress enough for me to just drop some pounds

Yay for just going hungry and not settling for garbage food, Sabine! I've often noticed since I've been following the primal lifestyle (for the most part) that the hunger feeling lasts for about 20 minutes and then goes away for 3-4 hours. My body simply accepts that sometimes it's not the right time to eat.
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Hmmm. You made me think that it would be an interesting exercise to track how long I (anyone) feel hungry, and if I ignore it, how long it is until I feel hungry again. If there's a consistent pattern, it would be good information to have. 'Yes, I know you are hungry now, but if you put it off for just fifteen minutes, it will be 2 hours and forty minutes until you think of food again.'

I love my body.

Been cruising through some journals, and I'm struck by how many people are hating their bodies. Calling themselves, or their fat, names.

I'm going on record that I love my body. It is doing the best it can with what I give it.

All that fat? It is energy, waiting to be used. Maybe even begging to be used. My body wants the best for me. It wants me to go dancing for three hours, to work all day on a quilt, to walk the dogs until THEY drop. And it has what I need to do it, just hanging out on my stomach and hips.

Thank you, body. I love you.