Page 265 of 437 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 4362

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 265

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Lots of little stuff.

Thanks, Demuralist. I know I CAN do it, the question is, WILL I? Did some actual work on it yesterday, though, and said a determination to get ideas in my sleep in the evening. Worked out a plot difficulty while dog-walking this morning, so I guess my determination paid off.

Plans for today:

Dishes! (Y'all knew that would be on the list, right?)
    Bike ride with Honey
    Food prep (greens and shakshuka)
    Writing!
    Watch a Star Trek movie with Honey
    Set the strips for Middlest's college quilt
    Knitting (getting very close to the edge of my shawl!)

The kombucha SCOBY I started (hopefully) is doing things! Little bubbles and some cloudiness. I'm excited.

My jeans skirt, which was snug last time I put it on, is loose, and sliding down my hips a bit.

A friend offered us the use of their van to move Middlest down to college! They won't be taking their freshman down until the following weekend. Yay! I won't have to rent a van, and Honey will have our car available for picking his mother up from the train station. Double score!

I'm thinking that one of the BENEFITS, and not negatives of JUDDD, is the daily bounce between your weights after Down Days and Low Days. I will hit a new low after a Down Day, and sort of get used to seeing it for a few weeks before I am hitting it, and passing it, after my Up Days. When it becomes my average weight, I really feel like I 'own' it, and not that it is just a fluke.

And although I get excited by the new lows, I am not disheartened by the highs. Each of them is transitory. It reminds me of this line from 'If' by Kipling:

"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;"

Granted, a high and low weight are not triumphs or disasters. Well, they shouldn't be. But to those who struggle with weight, they often are. But not any more, for me. I like how this is changing my attitudes, and not just my weight.

There was no kale at the grocery yesterday. So my greens will be collards and chard. Did I mention I planted greens in my garden? Well, a critter came and mowed them all down. The tomatoes are going strong, though. The first flowers have appeared. The weather has been so strange for us this summer. Very pleasant. Which, if you know Texas, is not our usual summer situation. I wonder what the plants are thinking. Probably that Mother Nature is going to surprise them with some August hail.

Ending now, before this gets too long.

Cross-posting!

Ruth- I write spicy historical romance. This one is set in London, 1767, and is the opening book of a 4-part series. The plot involves the negative aftermath of a seduction contest, sisterly affection and rivalry, and trade contracts. I am being very strict with myself to NOT let it get too long, always a problem for me.

Siobhan- I thought it might look familiar to you. I got the first link off your journal!

Congrats to lower numbers and I like your various goals i have many small goals and milestones too, some physical and some mental and I'm slowly getting there.

I'd like to read your book, the plot sounds interesting. Do you let us know when it will be available?
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost. - Neil Gaiman

My journal
    iHerb.com code LBN037 - $10 off your first purchase

If it is ever published, count on it, I will be telling EVERYONE!

The Shakshouka for breakfast yesterday was divine! I really enjoyed it. And we had a nice family dinner after skyping with Eldest. A good ending to the weekend.

And now, back into the throes of the week!

I WILL get lots of writing done this week!
    I WILL start prepping the house for my mother-in-laws visit! (Cobwebs, I'm coming at you!)

Honey Update: holding steady at his first goal of 170.
    Kombucha SCOBY Update: stuff is happening. Bubbles and scudge.
    Pains Update: slowly getting better, excluding the recent 'sink stress' incident.

I ate a Twinkie yesterday. It was okay, and an enjoyable nostalgic experience, but I think I am good for another 5 years or so.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Did you determine that your pains were a stress ulcer after all? I hope they continue to improve.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I still don't know for sure what they are-just going with my doctor's tentative diagnosis of IBS. Started taking a probiotic that has a special coating so that it doesn't dissolve until it gets past the stomach, and things seem to be getting better. Poor food choices and stress definitely have an impact, though.

Old School Entry

Yesterday's Down Day:

Up at 5:30

9:30 1 egg, 1/2C greens 100K

10:00-12:00 probiotic drink 20K

3:20 4oz salmon, 1/2C tomato/cuke/avocado/corn salad 200K

8:45 green smoothie with protein powder 150K

Water: 9 glasses
    Pains:10
    Walking: no
    Calories: 470
    Protein:39

Bed at 9:30

I also got some writing, sewing, and helping a friend done, as well as various kid activities. Oh, and cleaned out a closet(mother-in-law visit prep!). No wonder I was yawning at 8:00pm.

I decided to take the time to iron my warp strips for my next rug into double fold tape, so there wouldn't be little thread strings hanging out. What was I thinking?!? It is taking FOREVER. I have to keep telling myself it will be worth it. I cut the strips from an old sheet that a friend gave me for just this purpose. It feels good to be putting it to use. I'm going to do two black stripe on either end to frame it, and then scrappy bands with narrow stripes of black in the main body of the rug.

Strange disaster-type dream last night, with the Eiffel Tower sailing over to the West Coast and crashing just north of Half Moon Bay(Northern California). Don't know what Littlest and I were doing there, either, but afterwards we felt it important to gather seaweed to eat, and troll the local mall for men's undershirts. Dreams are weird.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    What is your relationship to/with northern carolina and the eiffel tower (france and or vagas could be included in this explanation)?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    As part of the 'getting ready for Mother-in-law's visit' clearing that I have been doing, I came across our bread box. It has some some empty bags in it, leftover taco shells from our last taco dinner, and half a packet of spaghetti. We now store the little bread we buy in our freezer, since it is not eaten quickly enough to stay fresh. I'm thinking it may be time to retire this kitchen accoutrement. Strange. I have ALWAYS had a bread box.

Got the new warp on the rug frame, and all that extra time I took is so worth it. It looks great! I had some waiting around time yesterday evening, due to child activities, and decided to bring my frame. I got several inches done. I am using my old black dress(too large, and pretty worn out, as well) for the borders, and lots of scraps for the middle.

I powered through all kinds of things yesterday, and did not get on the internet at all! Amazing how much time that saves!