Page 263 of 418 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 4176

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 263

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Basically, it is my understanding that they just like new stuff. They are fashionable people and like to have the latest things, both for their bodies and for their home. They like to shop and they have the $$$$$. I imagine it would be great deal of fun to go to Crate & Barrel and order up an entire household of stuff, likewise at the Talbots or Coldwater Creek. I am, however, much too poor and much too practical for such things.

If you need any more projects, I have two scarves that are halfway knitted and will probably remain that way! At least not without an intervention.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I can't imagine having a bunch of projects started either. I do have a to-do list, though... does that count as a project?

Re: the shopping spree... I think we need a pic of said fish pants... and pics of you modeling the rest (sans head for your privacy, of course) are also required.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    If you own a second home, how hard can it be to store stuff? I'm confused. Besides, you're going to need that stuff when you come back. I think they just like shopping too much.
    oh, I thought she was talking about rentals. Yeah, you are right, if you own it then that is just wasteful. Of course there are those of us who take advantage of that

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I like where you are going with the rumble strips.

For us, we each keep our own keys and cards, and for mail we have a p.o. box so I toss junk before I even get home and Dh handles the bills so no depository for it at home. This is not to say I have not created piles, but currently I am down to just one about 6"high. But one of the things that helped with those was for me to get a hanging file box for each kid, one for DH stuff, and one for me. These are about 4" deep each, so it limits what I can keep in there. I put certificates, awards, important papers, school stuff etc. We have a safe for things like insurance papers and passports. Then I have a drawer with file folders for recipes, recipes, photos, cards, etc. And Dh has a drawer with files for taxes, and car info.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Siobhan- I think I have enough without your scarves! Although...what kind of knitting? Just plain? Or a pattern? Is the yarn nice?

Jenn- I don't think I am brave enough for internet pictures yet!

Demuralist- Siobhan's area sounds like a thrift store treasure trove. I DO kind of wish I could take advantage of the wastrels, too.

Okay, I got a little mail holder(1.03 at the thrift store!), propped it up, and filled it with mail. The whole area already looks neater. Of course, I did get rid of about 5/6ths of the pile yesterday!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Just plain knitting. I used to listen to the radio with my beloved cat Tom by my side and knit. When he died, I totally lost interest. The yarn is nice. Of course I have a bazillion scarves already, it doesn't help that I don't need any more.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

A rough day yesterday.

Today will be better.

Interestingly, it did NOT affect my eating. I only had the normal feelings of hunger, and dealt with them appropriately for a Down Day.

I started up a SCOBY brewing station. With luck, I'll have one within a month. Go, SCOBY, go!

Thought of you: Amazon.com: Multifunction Vegetable Fruit Twister Cutter Slicer Utensil Processing Device: Kitchen & Dining

Edit: Disregard. I read the reviews. Sounds like a piece of junk.. save your $2.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 07-17-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Just because

I can't remember when I last posted actual numbers here, and I am feeling too lazy to go back through the pages and look.

Here's a recap of my weight since I began doing Alternate Day Fasting:

202.0 3/5/13
    195.5 3/19
    191.5 4/2
    190.0 4/16
    188.5 4/30
    184.5 5/14
    182.0 5/28
    179.0 6/11
    181.0 6/25
    175.5 7/11

And some goals:

166- I want to do my first 'practice' maintenance when I get to 166.
    154- First final goal. I will be officially 'normal weight'! I will hold here at least 3 months before thinking if I want to go lower.
    140/148- possible future goals if I decide 154 is not thin enough.

And some 'event' goals.

I want to weigh less than Honey.
    I want to fit into size 12 pants.
    I want to wear my blue dress(fit perfectly on my 25th birthday) again.

AND....a goal I already hit: I want to get below my original 'low weight' of 179!

And another: My half-way mark of 178.

And best of all a goal I didn't know I had, because I didn't think it was really possible: Find a way to get back on track easily after 'cheats'! DONE!
    Last edited by Sabine; 07-18-2013 at 10:08 AM.

At 175 I'm in a size 12 with a large frame... maybe you're already there and don't realize it?