Page 262 of 435 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 4347

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 262

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am reading your rumble strip post and thinking...does she mean 5 emails or 5 pages of emails? Does she really mean she has more than 25 projects started at one time? I often get things piled up that I need to do, especially when it is paper related, but while I will start projects when I haven't finished the last one, I don't have more than 5 total going at any one time. I would be totally overwhelmed!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post

Who buys clothes and never even wears them before they donate them? I mean, I know it happens, but the mind boggles. And talk about losing value as soon as you drive off the lot!
    I know, it's crazy! There are lots of wealthy summer people here - people who have several homes. They purchase clothes, bed linens, towels, dishes, and other household items just for their stay here. Sometimes it is just for a couple of weeks. They leave everything behind and have everything hauled off to the thrift shop by the people who close up the house. I imagine they get a nice tax deduction. Same thing in the winter - people come here for Christmas, a couple of weeks, and then back to warmer climes. Can you imagine?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Where I thrift shop they get a lot of clothes from stores that haven't sold them. It isn't always people buying them and not wearing them.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    We have a shop like that here, but I never find anything good. The two good thrift shops run totally on donations. I have good friends in one of them, and they let me know when they are getting good hauls - like when one of the summer islands closes down in the fall and they get buried in goods. One of my co-workers said she totally raised her kids on Island Cast-Offs!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    ..does she mean 5 emails or 5 pages of emails?... Does she really mean she has more than 25 projects started at one time?...
    Oh, yeah, 5 pages. There are 25 emails per page, I think. I got down from 32 pages to 18 yesterday, before the kids claimed the computer, so not bad.

And I have WAY MORE than 25 projects started. It's ridiculous. Remember my goal of finishing a project per day as a New Year's Resolution. That's 365 projects! And I could have made it. granted, some of the projects were household things, and I also counted one complete scrapbook page as a project. But I still have a ridiculous amount of craft things that need to GET DONE!

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Can you imagine?
    No. No, I can't. What's wrong with using them year after year?! That's outrageous!

I only allow myself 1 craft per medium, unless there is an extenuating circumstance. ie. I was knitting a sweater for myself, then found out a friend was having a baby, so stopped to start the baby blanket. I also will not let myself buy yarn because I might use it someday, except in extenuating circumstances (ie. I found my fav for a $1 a skein, so I bought them out).

I have a huge list of house and yard projects, but won't let myself start one till the last one is finished. But I also don't count those in my projects list because there are many that are continuous ie. growing creeping thyme between my flagstones on my path-this will take years because I am not willing to buy that many plants when I can propagate!

My inbox rule is 1 page.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    No. No, I can't. What's wrong with using them year after year?! That's outrageous!
    storage

If you own a second home, how hard can it be to store stuff? I'm confused. Besides, you're going to need that stuff when you come back. I think they just like shopping too much.

Back to rumble strips

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am viewing rumble strips as something that warns you you are going off your route, not the route itself.

It has to be easy for me to comprehend. I can easily count my twist ties. One, two, three, four, five...I'm good. Six...time to toss one.

I need to find something similar that will signal to me that, oops, I'm not following my mail guidelines. Looking at my bookdrop, I see that on the top of it are: a bowl for our keys, a bowl for our various cards(for the gym/discount cards/etc), and the rest is space for piling mail. Hmmm.

Piles can get pretty big.

I think I should get a vertical holder, of an appropriate width. Any mail that can fit in there, will be okay. If it doesn't fit, I need to be going through it. Then, nothing else allowed on the top of the bookdrop.

I'm going to try it out.