Page 261 of 396 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3954

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 261

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    AND I have Honey lined up for a lunch date tomorrow, at our local churrascaria. I shall stroll in wearing my fish-patterned capris, a black tanktop, and a purple jacket. Yowza! I may be put on some paint!

I love thrift stores. The purple pants I bought: silk. The price: $1.79. And since I read 'Overdressed: The High Price of Cheap Fashion,' I am even more committed to being a thrift shopper. Excellent book, if anyone is looking for recommendations.

In other news, GayPanda posted a funny reply to the 'Fake Passport' thread, and I added my two cents worth, as well. But the responses have been deleted, leaving only the spam ad. What's up with that? Shouldn't we be able to get some fun out of the spammers?

Bless you, Siobhan, for giving me something to read.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Sabine, I keep 6 to 8 "words with friends" games going with my mom for days when no one is posting. I loosely follow Panda but never post there. He is too clever by orders of magnitude for me to feel comfy posting. Very cheeky stuff.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Alas, I wish I had something more interesting to post about. It's Dullsville here.

My feeble mind has trouble grasping the reality that if you buy the Talbots twin set from the Talbots, it costs $149 but at the thrift shop with the tags still on it costs $2.

Would love to have fish capris!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Is 'words with friends' like scrabble? Or boggle? Or something else entirely?

Who buys clothes and never even wears them before they donate them? I mean, I know it happens, but the mind boggles. And talk about losing value as soon as you drive off the lot!

I feel absurdly pleased by the fish capris. As though I will have great adventures while wearing them. I almost feel they need stilettos, though. And sunglasses. (Not that that is going to happen. I am not a stilettos kind of gal.)

I finished the rug yesterday! Scotchguarded it, took it off the frame, and gave it a place of honor by my bed. It looks great! And when I put my new clothes away yesterday, I took out all the baggy stuff, and threw it into the rug-making pile. So, soon I can start planning my next one. Except I am going to make a small potholder frame first, and whip up a few of those. I need some new potholders. The ones I have are getting past it. Hmmm, I don't think I have wool scraps, though. I'll need to see if I can find an old pair of wool pants at the thrift store for cheap. It's not the right season for that, but hope springs eternal.

Speaking of which, I just watch a movie called 'Hope Springs'. Tommy Lee Jones gives an excellent performance. Also, Meryl Streep and Steve Carrell, but Jones was the best in it, I think.

Food and Weight

I realized I haven't posted my daily routine again for a while. Maybe I am moving away from needing that. It has been like this:
    I eat a lot on my Up Days. I eat a little on my Down Days.
    The weight is coming down.

You know I got to 178 this week, my halfway point. I'm very excited by that.

But this morning (after a Down Day, true, but still, exciting) I was at 173.5!

Seems like 178 is not excitement enough, but my body has to do a little more jumping downwards. It's cool. I'm thinking I may stabilize at around 175 for a bit, instead of 178/177. I can go with that.

I am liking ADF more and more. It feels like I could do it forever. (You may quote this at me sometime, when I'm complaining.) I enjoy the Down Days as much as the Up Days.

Next goal: 166, which will be my 3/4 mark. I am planning on maintaining there for a while. I should get there somewhere around October.

Also, thanks to Mark, I squatted while brushing my teeth this morning. It puzzled the dogs exceedingly!
    Last edited by Sabine; 07-13-2013 at 06:03 AM.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I squatted while brushing my teeth, too

I'm going to try and make it a habit. And since I am brushing my teeth and tongue more than twice per day (trying to mitigate my ketosis breath) I should get some good practice in!

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    squatting bothers my knees, but DH walks around while he brushes so I may pick up that habit, we will end up looking like something out of an old time comedy walking past each other brushing our teeth.

"words" is very much like scrabble. You download the free app onto your phone (or in my mom's case the iPad she won in a raffle) and you can play with friends from facebook, well or you can probably just play with friends you know have downloaded the app if you know their user name. I like it a lot. My mom is very good at it, I am getting better. I tend to use bigger words and try to find a place for them, she usually uses 2 to 4 letter words and sneaks them in where she can get big points, so she usually wins. Same when we play scrabble.

Well, now even if you don't go the stiletto route, you can still get a pair of really cute flip flops with a bit of a wedge heal that will still give the essence of the look for those pants. They would be comfy and dress it up a bit.

Dressy Flip Flops a Fashion Craze

Rumble strips

I was thinking about rumble strips last night (courtesy of Pebbles), and came up with areas that I feel can use them.

Physical mail- it lands on our book drop in the entry, and piles up.
    E-mail.
    Papers/stuff to 'do'- there is ALWAYS an pile on the corner of my kitchen counter.
    Craft projects- I love to start them. I don't always finish them.

I decided my 'rule of five' would be a good thing to work towards for all of them.

Mail- not sure how five works with this. I don't want to be counting the mail as it comes in. But I CAN toss the junk mail, and not let it even touch the book drop. Need to think about this one.

5 pages of emails allowed in my inbox. If there are more, deal with them! I made a start on this this morning, and deleted 12 pages of emails. I'll have another run at it later this morning. Once I get to five pages, that will be my rumble strip limit.

Five 'to do' items on the counter. If there are more, I'm not DOING, I'm procrastinating.

Craft projects. It will be a long time before I get down to only five items completed. However, I cleared a lot of stuff during my 'project a day' attempt, early this year. I'll need to strategize on this. Maybe some kind of multiple of five is more reasonable- 5 machine-quilting projects, 5 hand-quilting, 5 knitting, 5 embroidery? More thinking required.

Oh, and the date was very nice. Conversation, lots of meat.

No one else seemed quite as taken with my pants as I was, though!

Ate too much of stuff I wasn't really enjoying last night, though, as a result of being thwarted in my treat experience in the evening. I ordered a vanilla shake. Got a malt instead and it wasn't that enjoyable. So what did I do? Ended up eating seaweed salad, yogurt, chocolate chips, and spinach dip. Sigh.

Oh well. It's a process. Enjoying my Down Day today with some probiotic drinks.