Page 258 of 413 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 4125

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 258

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Big smiley face

Shop Now
    I stuck to my Down Day plan yesterday. I didn't want to break my rotation for Independence Day, but I knew the special dinner would tempt me. My plan was liquids all day, then chicken and berries with cream at the dinner. I had.... liquids all day, then chicken with berries and cream! Success!

I was even mentally prepared for a slight gain or staying the same on the scale this morning, since I ate dinner so late (8:00pm!), but I had a very satisfying and surprising plunge of 3 pounds. Woohoo!

Feeling very good! I am super-proud of myself for sticking to the plan yesterday. Especially when the chicken tasted fantastic, and I could have easily stuffed two more pieces in my mouth. Of course, this isn't the kind of thing you can brag about in the real world, but I know y'all will understand how big this is for me. Happy dance, happy dance, happy dance. (Clothed this time, though.) I am now decidedly the lightest I have been in about fifteen years!

There was a hard point in the middle of the afternoon, when I was HUNGRY! Especially maddening, since I knew I COULD eat, I was just waiting for later. What would a carrot right now hurt? But I thought of Pebbles, doing the same thing, drank a glass of water, and powered through. It really helped, so thanks, Pebbles!

My reward point is coming up soon: when I've been at 178(my half-way point, 202 -> 154) for a full week I'm going on a little thrift-store splurge for a new wardrobe. Now that I am past 179, I am going to start looking forward to it.

Exciting adventure last night, after the beautiful fireworks: the sprinklers went off under Littlest's chair as we were sitting around playing cards. Mad scramble for the parking lot. It was hilarious. Middlest and her friends danced in a broken sprinkler-head fountain.
    Last edited by Sabine; 07-05-2013 at 07:34 AM.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    congrats, and it sounds fun!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Great Job, Sabine!

The Minutae of Sabine's Day

Thanks, ladies!

I am now preparing for my next challenge- an afternoon and evening at our friend's house. She makes delicious Indian food, but very carb- and grain-heavy. I pack in my own, but in order to not feel deprived, I need to make sure there is plenty of 'good' stuff, not just 'stuff.' Otherwise, I'll eat something I shouldn't. I've put on some eggs to boil for devilled eggs, but I need to come up with something else.

Yesterday, walking at the park (while Honey rode his bike) I saw a copperhead, ready to strike, a scuttling armadillo, and a box turtle. Also picked up half a bag of trash. I am firmly convinced that trash-picking is ultra-primal. It mimics gathering, and gives one a virtuous feeling.

One of my friends made a remark the other day, which I am not sure how to take. I've pulled out my rug frame to work on again. I am using old clothes for the strips. I had along the next color I was going to add, and cut the shirt into strips. One of the ladies said, "I'm really glad you cut that shirt up."

Now, I read that as, I didn't look good in that shirt, or the shirt was beyond the pale. Now, I am not overly concerned with what I wear(partly due to self-image, but do I really want to get into that topic right now?). I wear it, I choose colors I like, I make sure it is laundered. But there are sometimes stains toward the end of an item's life, and as long as they aren't too graphic, that's just how it is. But I'm thinking I may be too slack in this regard. If your friends think you look like a slob, and SAY so, it may be time to take action.

I did a couple of hours of work on the rug yesterday, while I was watching movies. It is looking great. The advantage to using your old clothes, is that you LOVE all the colors. This is the first time I have tried vertical, not just horizontal, stripes, and it looks fantastic.

Ugh, there's a mountain of dishes in the kitchen. I wish they would magically do themselves. And yet, time-wise, I bet I could get them done in 22 minutes. Time to bite the bullet!

Okay, 29 minutes. Dishes always take longer than you think. But, they're done! And the eggs are boiled, and the greens have stewed a bit with the bacon. All good. Now I'm going to get dressed and walk to the store. (Out of eggs!)

First, it is always a good idea to dress for who you want to be not who you are (within in reason of course). And I do not mean this in a "gotta change who I am context" but in a "I am improving my body" context. It helps with the self image immensely. This sort of goes along with cutting the negative self talk.

Second, maybe it is because she really liked the color and was hoping to see it in the rug, and it had nothing to do with how it looked on you.

Third, I once timed myself complaining about the things I had to do and didn't want to, then timed how long it took me to do the chore. Well, yes, it took up way less of my time to just do the darn thing (I am looking at you, t-shirt quilt!). So I am trying to just get on with it, save the time I spend complaining before I do the chore, and just complain while I am doing the chore (to myself of course!).

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, and when I subtract the time I spent dreading the activity (very bad for the soul) I come out even more ahead!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I try to tell myself that I "only" have to spend X minutes doing my dreaded task. Sometimes that works...

I also try to convince myself that some of it is exercise (ie. vacuuming). And at the very least it contributes to my NEAT activities. Sometimes that works.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I AM looking forward to my upcoming shopping spree. I'm planning on getting more things that FIT, and are not just loose and in the right color. This is a challenge at the thrift store, but I'm going to block out several hours, and make it an event.

At our friend's house yesterday I had a good food experience. The dip I had brought for the vegetables was a new recipe, and turned out bland. Instead of continuing to stuff my face, looking for satisfaction, or turning to the snacks she had provided(not good choices for me) I STOPPED EATING THE DIP AND VEGETABLES. Had some devilled eggs throughout the afternoon, but that was it. This, in spite of the fact that the bowl of cashews was sitting at my elbow! I didn't have a single one, and didn't regret it at all.

Then I enjoyed the dinner I brought, with one spoonful of the rice she made and some raita to cool it. Got home in the evening feeling full and NOT looking for a 'treat'.

Yay!

I do sometimes say, 'just do ten minutes worth of dishes.' I can usually talk myself into that. And I got some squatting exercise in this morning, cleaning out the pots and pans cupboard.

I've decided I am going to make my own kombucha. I had some small-batch brewed, and it blew my tastebuds, it was so much better than the Kevita. I'm collecting bottles, and when I have enough, I'll order a SCOBY. This means giving up some counter space, but I'm willing to do it. That stuff was fantastic!

A Down Day today, and I am planning on salmon and spinach meals. I made a fresh batch of mayo yesterday, for the devilled eggs, and it is so good on salmon fillets.

homemade mayo with fresh chopped dill (or even dried if you can't find fresh) on salmon is heavenly!

Congrats on your control yesterday. I find if I don't do the first one (cashews) I can easily stay out, but if I succumb to one, well all bets are off.

I think in the fall (once we are empty nesters) I will try the kombucha, that or kefir.