Page 254 of 433 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 4323

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 254

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm back from my retreat, but crazy busy. It may be a few more days until I get back to a normal routine. My weight went up over the weekend, and now it's going back down. I still have hopes of making my goal of 179 by Independence Day. So close!

Yesterday was a Down Day. Both of them since my return from retreat have been liquid Down Days- cafe au creme and probiotic drinks. So the calories have been minimal (yesterday- 120). I am waiting until I get hungry today to eat, but my mind is saying, 'hey, how about that puerco con salsa verde in the fridge' even though my body is humming along fine. I wish they would get in agreement.

Honey has made his goal of 170, and is now figuring out what his maintenance plan will be. He had a full-on Down Day on Monday, and yesterday he fasted until evening, then had a moderate dinner after his workout. We're having people over on Friday (Games Night again) so I think he will likely do an evening feast.

I will be moving onto my fourth page of weight chart this weekend. It is stretching across the bathroom wall, and looking good.

Ugh. Non-primal things eaten on my Up Day. I was in a stressful situation, which I will not describe, in an attempt to avoid saying rude things. Suffice it to say: meeting in a fast-food restaurant. I feel very stodgy this morning, and am glad it is a Down Day.

Games Night tonight, which will be fun. Eldest surprised us with a new game. You should have seen us looking at the box, and trying to figure out who had ordered something from Amazon while we were opening it. I was wondering if my memory was slipping. Good thing he had enclosed a card, or we would still be scratching our heads, thinking we had ordered it in our sleep.

Bought a nice glass carafe to keep iced coffee in. Also, found two more dessert dishes of the variety I like at the thrift store.

Okay, that's enough. I have to clear the kitchen for the day. Ciao!

Little bit of this, little bit of that-a (with the emphasis on the latt-a!)

Games Night was a lot of fun. And I stuck to my plan, just munching on raw vegetables. Annoyed with my weight this morning, which had only swung down one pound after a Down Day. (Usual is 2+ pounds) Then I came here and was reminded that I had fast food the day before. Yay for journaling. At least now I don't feel so cheated. I will stick with the plan and have a regular Up Day today. Just keep at it, Sabine. Slow and steady.

Speaking of journaling...looking back I see the pains came back with a vengeance when I got the news about my friend. Food may be a contributor, but I am wondering if it might be a stress ulcer. *Not that I want to talk about this, I'm just throwing it into my journal to think about.*

Slowly putzing around this morning, putting away the folding tables and chairs, and moving the furniture back into place. Salem and Chloe are just glad there aren't a bunch of PEOPLE everywhere.

Honey remembered to call his dad for his birthday all on his own! This is MAJOR. He's off this morning for a new bike demonstration at one of the area parks. Luckily, he has no money!

Yesterday Middlest and I were talking about the wonder that is frozen banana 'ice cream'. She has had it at a friend's house before. We're going to try it today. Banana-strawberry and banana-almond butter-chocolate. I'll keep you posted.

I am lusting after a spiral vegetable cutter. Maybe if I can STOP OVERSPENDING ON EVERYTHING ELSE, I can get one. Good luck. We have three family birthdays this month!

ALERT* talking about someone else in my journal. On the verge of gossiping, though I hope it is not, I just want to talk it out. If you disapprove, skip this paragraph. There, you have had your warning.* Feeling concerned about Pebbles' situation with her husband. It just seems grim all around. I hope she doesn't feel like we are 'ganging up' on her, or him, with all comments flying. It's just hard, when you are worried about someone, to keep your yap shut. And of course, Pebbles deserves a lot better treatment. I hope this new job helps mellow him out, but I don't think any external thing is going to do it. I wish she would win the lottery, so that at least one of HER worries would be taken care of. Not a crazy amount, 'cause that seems to bring a whole new batch of problems. But how about enough to pay off their mortgage. That doesn't seem unreasonable, does it?

Okay, furniture all back in place. It is amazing how much you can get done, between paragraphs.

Discovered yesterday that the label on the probiotic drinks I've been having, peels off nicely with no scraps or residue, leaving a clear straight-sided bottle that looks like it would be perfect to fill with your own cool stuff. It's the little things!

Friend at retreat told me about the wonders of home-fermented fruit (much beloved by her otherwise teetotaling aunt). We are meeting next Friday for a sew day. I think I will start a batch of cherries bubbling.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I have also been jonesin for one of those spiral cutters, but I am beginning to feel like my uncle-who buys every new kitchen contraption and uses it once or twice then moves it to his appliance graveyard (a cabinet in his pantry). We'll see, for me at least, I think in the end it is too fussy and I would probably not use it.

I am totally with ya on the alert, unfortunately I could not hold myself back anymore and had to comment, rats. I fear she will just shut down, hopefully we can get her distracted with another subject?

Love finding fun bottles! and ooo, fermented fruit? Would love to hear about it with the summer's abundance hitting full stride.

I went so far as to stroll through Bed, Bath, and Beyond yesterday, 'just looking'. Luckily, they don't have 'em!

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I have done several google searches for "reviews of the best ones". Not ordered one yet. Very tempting with all the zucchini laying around!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Sabine, my husband told me many yrs ago that we would have to move for his job. I had so many dear friends, like family, at work and loveddd my job so much that I developed a stress ulcer. It was awful. I love my sweet husband like he's actually an extension of my own body, but I so loved these people, my house and my work. I couldn't tell him I didn't want to leave, he was stressed by the whole thing anyway, so I bottled it up until my stomach lining attacked me, lol. It all worked out, loved the new city/house/job/friends, but let me tell u, I drank a ton of Maalox before it healed. Stress can certainly bring it on.

Re: spiral vegetable cutter.. I ordered one the day Siobhan posted about it (DH thinks she's put a spell on me ) and it arrived so dang fast from Amazon and works beautifully.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Love me my spiral veg cutter! (...you are getting sleepy...very sleepy...)
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Now I know whom to blame! Siobhan! As usual. Very rascally, that woman is.

Judy- I don't know if the idea of an ulcer is better or worse than IBS. Just a different kind of worry, perhaps?

I was reading about a gun accident/mishap/tragedy in the news, and it reminded me of this incident from when Littlest was about 6 years old. A new friend had invited him over, and as was my wont, I went along to scope things out.

I always asked, when we were visiting a new place, 'do you have any weapons in the house, and are the children instructed to stay away from them.' His grandmother assured me, 'oh no, no weapons.' The little boy ran off and in less than a minute came back carrying a pistol. 'Yes we do, Geegee, here it is!' Very proud of himself for knowing what his grandmother did not.

She said she had completely forgotten about her husband's old gun. Maybe. But her grandson knew all about it, and how to get it, instantly. (Eldest was NOT allowed to go over to play at their house. I don't mind properly supervised and secured weapons, but she obviously could not be trusted to be responsible. Or even remember if there was something to be responsible about.)

So glad that when he was carrying it out to us, it didn't go off.