Page 249 of 416 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 4152

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 249

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I put off getting the Vita-Mix for so long, finally caught it on special at Costco, so glad I did!

Sabine, can you give the green machine recipe? Sounds doable and like it could be pretty yummy. thanks. I did a blueberry smoothie when I got home yesterday and it was very helpful in keeping me out of the pantry and cutting down the BLT's (Bites, Licks, and Tastes) while cooking dinner.

Sabine is offline Senior Member

The Green Machine Recipe

Found in the book, 'The Overnight Diet' by Caroline Apovian.

This is in nature of a review. This was the first recipe I tried from the book, since it seemed not too 'sugary'. I did add some stevia to it, as I found it a little 'earthy.' Also, I only made half a recipe, for calorie control. (Half recipe worked out to 150K.) That was plenty, in terms of amount, as half a recipe made 2 cups of smoothie!

1C fat-free plain greek yogurt (well, you KNOW I used full-fat!)
    1C ice cubes
    1 cucumber, peeled and chunked
    1 carrot, peeled and chunked
    1 small tomato, chunked
    1 celery stalk, chunked
    2 handfuls spinach
    salt and pepper to taste (I left this out, since I wanted my first venture to be a sweet, rather than savory experience. Maybe that's why I felt it needed the stevia.)

This is also the one I made for my Honey. He thought it tasted like V-8. (No stevia in his!) I definitely did not. Not tomato-y enough for that, in my book.

Thanks. I ended up making one today that was...

1 medium cucumber
    .5 C wild boreal blueberries (frozen from Trader Joes)
    .5 C Greek Yogurt (I use fat free on my down days)
    1 C homemade coconut milk (1 can T.J.'s lite mixed with enough filtered water to equal half gallon)
    Stevia to taste

It was quite good and filling
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

The Land of Sabine: Stats

I'm too lazy to go back and see which numbers I posted last time. So I have decided to do a week-by-week review. These will be my Sunday weights. Some are after an Up Day, some are after a Down Day, but it will show you the general trend.

202.0 3/3
    198.0 3/10
    193.5 3/17
    193.0 3/24
    192.5 3/31
    191.0 4/7
    190.0 4/14
    190.0 4/21
    189.5 4/28
    184.5 5/5
    182.0 5/12
    184.5 5/19
    182.0 5/26
    miss 6/2
    178.5 6/9

Positives besides weight:

Tracking every day, seeing the normal variation between Up and Down Days, has really made the numbers more academic for me. I am not upset about going up, even after a Down Day. It's all part of the great cosmic unconciousness(sp?) now, as far as I am concerned. I am really able to look at the trend.

When I go 'off plan' I am much less stressed about getting back on. I no longer have the feeling of, 'well, I've blown it, might as well dive into an orgy of eating for a week.' And I LOVE that just ONE DAY of no/minimal eating, means I am back 'on plan'.

I am learning even more about my relationship with Hunger, True and Otherwise. I think I am getting mentally healthier, as well as physically.

I like doing this with my Honey. We are really supportive of one another.

My goal is 154 (I think). 178 would be halfway, and I have an intermediary goal of 179 (the lowest I got after a successful run of weight reduction several years ago) by July 4th. I feel I am going to make it. That 178.5 for today is after a Down Day, and I count my post-Up Day weights as the 'official' ones, but I am close.

Honey is almost to 170. He has dipped below that a couple of times after his Down Days- soon he will make it there after an Up Day, and then he's going to go into maintenance for a while. He still hasn't decided how he will handle that. Perhaps 5:2, and see if he stabilizes at that, perhaps throwing in a Down Day when ever he goes over 171.

I am hopeful that I can catch up with him while he is maintaining. It would be SUPER AWESOME EXTREME to be the same weight as he is (before I rocket by and become lighter!). I have always been heavier than he is. I think his final goal, depending on how he feels and looks, is 160. He has A LOT of muscle, so I can't imagine him getting lower than that.

154 is the upper range of 'normal' weight for my height (5'8"). 140 is 'supposed' to be the 'normal' weight. I don't know if I can even dream about that weight. It is what I weighed in high school (And I thought I was fat! What an idiot!). It may be complete unrealistic for a middle-aged woman who has had three kids. But in any case, 154. A period of maintenance there would be good, regardless of if I decide to go further. I may even do some maintenance before I get there. I think it would be good for my body to stabilize. And for me to learn that I CAN maintain.

Okay, enough about numbers!

Eldest has come home from Indiana for a one week visit. We will be enjoying him. Ciao!

ditto! Love finding out that the numbers are really just data. I would argue that the weight after dd's is your true weight though, because once you have you have used the bathroom and got on the scale naked there is not much you can do to trick the number downward (once when doing WW, I actually cut my hair pretty drastically to try to make sure I would come under and it didn't work). But there is a lot that will artificially push it upward.

Congrats on your progress!

Routine Report

It is summer vacation, the kids are sleeping in, and for once, I feel like I have enough time to sit down and post before plunging into things.

Here's how yesterday went:

Up at 8:30

9:30 smoked pork chop, greens, 1 egg fried in butter

2:00 beef patty with tomato, lettuce, pickle, mayo, mustard, ketchip

4:30 some blueberries, maybe 1/4C?

6:30 hot pot with lamb, fish, chicken, beef, shrimp, leafy greens, lots of broth-yum!

9:00 junior vanilla shake and dark chocolate-yum again!

Water: 9 glasses
    Biking: 40"
    Pains:17

Bed at 10:30

Quite a bit of driving, what with getting the kids hither and yon, but lots of fun having Eldest home. He, Honey, and I played many rounds of Dominion, with the girls joining in as they were home.

I have the house open, and the attic fan blasting, to drag some fresh air into the house before it heats up. I figure I have until 9:00am before the outside gets hotter than the inside.

Found a sparkling probiotic drink at the grocery which I am going to add into my mix on Down Days. The brand is Kevita. A little pricey for me ($3.00 per bottle) but it has two servings, and as the taste is definitely mouth-puckering, I think I can limit myself to half a bottle each Down Day. I have also been doing chilled cafe au lait made with skim(I know, I know!) and my regular electrolyte water. It is nice to have a few different things in the line-up.

Okay, I need to get going. Taking Chloe to the vet for her dip, poor girl.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Hey Sabine! Just popping in to see how all is going in your world. You're progress is WONDERFUL! I'm so excited for you!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Safeway/Vons sometimes has Kevita on sale for $2.50. I like the pomegranate one.

That's the one I am having today. Tastier than the lemon-cayenne one, I must say. I found these at our Tom Thumb, which is part of the Safeway chain, so I'll keep an eye open for sales.

Also on the probiotic front: I am making some more sauerkraut. I have the yogurt hanging in cheesecloth right now, generating whey.

My skin is feeling very soft today. Is something I am doing improving it, I wonder, or am I just tripping?

I went on a bike ride yesterday with Honey and Eldest, and was surprised to find that although I haven't been on the bike in several months, I didn't need the 'easy' gears.