Page 246 of 416 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 4152

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 246

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    OOOOPs - forgot to reply with quote............ this pertains to the "foolery" comment

DAYS??? Heck.............. YEARS!! Baby - years. I never let it go. I said something terribly foolish to a friend of mine who had recently lost her husband to brain cancer ................ that was 30 years ago - and I still beat myself up over it!
    Last edited by tomi; 05-22-2013 at 10:01 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Sabine is offline Senior Member

A whole lot of talk- gird yourselves!

Middlest had her second Down Day yesterday, and seems to have got through it pretty easily. We were at an awards ceremony(Outstanding Senior English Student of the Year!)with cake, and she brought home a piece to have it today. Noshed on raw vegetables, and some dried nori, but that was about it. She and I agree that it is easier/better not to tell people you are doing it because if they hear you are 'fasting' they freak out and think you have an eating disorder. Honey can get away with it, since people rarely think of eating disorders and men together.

I started an ADF support thread over here at MDA because lowcarbfriends can be a little(LOT) CW, but I'm not finding it as cozy as I thought it would be. Maybe the plan just doesn't lend itself to a bunch of chat. After all, what can you say, past, 'Ate normally today. Didn't eat much today.'? Most of the talking points are emotional, I suppose. See eating disorder above. I guess I prefer to be emotional here in my journal, rather than on a thread where the type of people is undetermined. Here at least, it is people who like or are interested in me.

And, I confess, I'm tired of potato hack talk! When I first discovered low carb, it was a revelation to me, how much potatoes could affect my blood sugar levels and mood. I ate them almost every day of my life, growing up. No wonder! Now I have them a couple times per year, as a special treat, in my family's potato salad recipe. I don't want to hear about people eating three pounds of them, day after day!

Guess I am just turning into an old grump.

Here's how yesterday went:

Up at 5:30

6:15 bratwurst, roasted root vegetables, red cabbage

11:30 sashimi, rice, seaweed salad, creme brulee

4:00 chocolate chips and dates, 2 slices of swiss cheese

5:00 bratwurst and roasted root vegetables

Water: 9 glasses
    Walking: no
    Pains: 11

Bed at 9:30

Too much driving on the books for tonight, and Honey irked me a bit yesterday with something that was probably just thoughtless blathering, but I took as selfishness. Need to get over it, but one of my flaws is that I hold a grudge. It does not help that essentially the same situation, only more so, will be playing itself out this evening. Fingers crossed that I behave like a grownup, and not a five year old in a snit.

I can feel the emotional desire to eat building up. After dropping off Middlest and Friend this morning, my first thoughts on pulling into the driveway were, what can I eat when I get inside! One, I'm not hungry. Two, it is a Down Day. Three, I'm NOT HUNGRY!

So, I decided to get on the internet and do some bitching to satisfy the emotional need, whatever it is. (Probably want someone to say, 'Poor you, let me give you a back rub[does not help that I tweaked my back this morning, and am moving cautiously, afraid it is going to hit me with a stabbing pain. I MUST start doing yoga again!] and make you a grilled cheese sandwich. And some tomato soup.' Goodness, that sounds great! One of my comfort meals when I was a kid, ahem, also when I was a grown-up.)

I think I'll do some tv watching and knitting when Littlest gets off to schoo-- shoot, just thought of something I must do before I kick back. Grrr. Okay, when THAT is done I'll relax. I'm coming up on the last three episodes of Fringe/Season 4, and it is BLOWING MY MIND!

I have been eating too much chocolate lately. I need to cut it out for a day. It should be tomorrow, but we'll see. Some day soon in any case.

Okay, I'm going to go print out those pages I need to critique, before doing anything fun. Talk about girding loins!

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I tend to hold a grudge too, fortunately I have a horrible memory for the bad stuff so the grudges are usually short lived. Congrats to Middlest on her successful dd. I find it smarter not to let people in on what I am doing diet wise. Everyone has an opinion and honestly if I have learned nothing in my 40+ years of dieting it is that things that work for one don't necessarily work for another, and what ever the CW is this week it will definitely change by next week. I just don't want to hear about it or argue about it anymore! To me the beauty of the 5:2 is the ease with which I am able to keep it to myself even at home with the people I live with. I mean they know that I don't eat at work, but other than that nothing. Which is great, because my daughter is vegetarian and when I was doing low carb it drove her insane. Now I eat enough veggies to throw her off of that schtick

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Venting in one's own journal is expected and healthy.

Unfortunately, your adf thread also has a pushy know it all.
    I was considering posting over there. Are 5:2 peeps welcome?

I had to stop following the ADF thread. Partly because yes once you are on a roll even if you fall off you get right back on, so not much to talk about except food. And if it is a dd I don't want to think about food, and if it is an ud I don't need to talk about food. Also, for me, since they way you do any of the IF versions (ADF, 4:3, 5:2, windows of eating, etc) is so individual, it strikes me as a bit off that someone would ask about when to adjust their dd's or skip them or shift them or whatever, and then have someone answer with authority on the way it is to be done.

I like following the journals better.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I tend to hold a grudge too... and I hold it for a while. It's my least favorable trait.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I was considering posting over there. Are 5:2 peeps welcome?
    Definitely. I think we even have one already.

STRESS!!

I would be crushed to be told my writing is no good. Not that that is what I am going to say. But critiquing these pages (for others) is a nightmare. My anxiety level just went through the roof, reading these pages, and trying to figure out how I can be constructive and helpful.

This is no longer a Down Day.

That is all.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    OH critiquing others' work is my least favorite thing to do.

My degree is Interior Design (through the College of Architecture). Every project ended in a "pin-up". You pinned up your drawings and they were critiqued by teachers, outside judges, and classmates. The first few are quite difficult to take. But then when you listen to them you realize that taking the criticism and making it your own, so to speak (adapting the personal opinion of others regarding your work and making it in your own way), actually helps to make not only your work better, but also makes you better at your work. That is of course assuming the critique is constructive and not just "that is garbage". Since we each had to critique each others work, and knew who was doing it, it turned out it was almost always helpful. It also gave me practice at taking it. If you consider that you are an extra pair of eyes and you are being helpful it is much easier than if you think you are just being mean.