Page 244 of 435 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 4343

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 244

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I can respect that. I just want to say up front, I have a lousy memory, and if I start coming up with suggestions again, know that it is a memory thing and not an I am ignoring your preference thing.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I hate having to stretch the limitations of my slothful personality.
    Seriously??
    You are one of the LEAST slothful people I "know"
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Teehee. I'll keep that in mind, Demuralist(If I can! We'll see how MY memory holds up!)

I am super lazy*. It all sounds much more impressive written down. I have a little menomic I use sometimes(not all the time, see*) when I am wanting to break away from my lazy ways. SLOTH = Simple Laziness Obscures The Heart. If I let laziness keep me from doing the things that are important to me, I won't be being my best self.

Sometimes it even works!

Okay, last two days:

Up at 5:30

3:00 4oz salmon with 1 t mayo

6:30 4oz salmon with 1t mayo and 1C greens

Water:8 glasses
    Walking: no
    Pains: 23

Bed at 9:00

Up at 5:15

8:15 1 egg fried in butter, 1C greens, 1 slice SPAM!

11:00 2C iced coffee with splenda and 1/2C cream

1:45 2/3 appetizer dish(generous) of seafood fondue with spinach and mushrooms

6:00 2 bowls jambalaya- onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, bacon grease, bratwurst, shrimp
    1 1/2 primal chocolate cheesecake cups(yes, in spite of knowing I should avoid chocolate!)

8:45 1 slice swiss cheese

Water: 10 glasses
    Pains: 11

Bed at 9:30

I had a desire for SPAM. Don't ask me why. It was okay, but not as salty-good as I remembered. The dogs might get the rest of it, if Honey doesn't want to finish it off tomorrow.

My weight dipped down this morning, rather strange after an Up Day.

Chloe is off to the vet again this morning, for another dip, poor girl. Tonight I will be driving kids to awards banquets and possible sleepovers. Then... wait for it...tomorrow I am getting up at 4:30 AM and driving to Middlest's college for a registration/newbie event. 3 1/2 hours there, 3 1/2 hours back. In one day. Then taking her to babysitting at the church. How she can have the energy to even contemplate babysitting after a full day, I have no clue.

Sunday, needless to say, I will be lying on the sofa. All day. Watching tv and eating bonbons. (Okay, maybe not the bonbons.)

Littlest has her first AP test today!
    Last edited by Sabine; 05-17-2013 at 06:10 AM.

I have a 3 hour drive to my kids' college and usually do it in one day. It gets easier every time I do it. The kid will sleep in the car if she needs it!

I also feel like I am generally a lazy person. Most of my day now is spent sitting, which is not a good thing. But when I list what I have done in a day it does often seem like a lot. And I get all proud of myself. Then I think about my BFF (our families spend a week at the beach over Christmas break together) and she is rail thin and constantly moving, and I know that I am merely a wanna be mover and shaker!

I JUST MADE AN UTTER FOOL OF MYSELF!

AARRGHHHH!

I shall now go console myself by watching movies.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Bummer. I hate when I do that.

rats. sorry

Thanks for the sympathies. I'm over it. I mean, what can you do?

However, I'm going to watch some more tv, now that I've done my errands.

Weekend accomplished!

Many, many hours of driving on Saturday, beginning at 5:00 in the morning. Middlest is very pleased with the course schedule she set up, and she met some of her fellow classmates. A good trip. The negatives(because there are always negatives, aren't there?): traffic on the way home, and unsatisfying food for my Up Day. The second will make my sashimi today all the sweeter!

Also, we stopped in West to gas up and buy pastries to support the economy. Many, many pastries. I put some in the freezer, and we gave some away. I did NOT eat any! But I smelled them. They smelled fantastic!

Honey this morning told me that I am looking good. I'm feeling good, too.

Quick recap, for documentary purposes:

Friday:
    Sleep: yes
    Food: yes
    Water: 9 glasses
    'Pains: 17

Saturday:
    Sleep: not enough!
    Food: yes, but boring
    Walking:no, driving
    Pains: 22- most in the car

Sunday:
    Sleep: catching up!
    Food: yes
    Walking: 60"
    Pains: 11

Please notice the WALKING yesterday! I made an effort to do it...and did. (Weird how that works.)

Told Honey the story of my foolishness. he got a good chuckle out of it, and promptly turned around and told Middlest. Soon, I will be legendary.

Updates: Neighbor came and got Chica on Friday afternoon. She hasn't come back yet.

Middlest is trying 5:2. Her first day was a bumpy start, as she found herself snacking without being aware of it. She's philosophical, though. Wednesday is another day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    5:2 (or any version of IF) is always hard in the beginning. You should have her peek in on the 5:2 forum...The 5:2 Fast Diet Forum | 'The Fast Diet' international support group It is a very supportive international group, and even if she doesn't sign up (obviously totally unnecessary) there are lots of people going through lots of situations and lots of others that have very helpful suggestions. They do also have a really nice Progress Tracker, if she does sign up, that shows a graph and tells you your current BMI (not super useful to me, but interesting) and your current TDEE based on your last weight input.