Page 236 of 416 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 4152

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 236

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My best friend is in Korea for 2 years - we Skype sometimes - but stay in touch about the same as when she was here I love modern tech!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Sadly, they are not good enough friends that we would keep in close touch. Maybe Christmas cards once a year. But we always have a good time together. And we did on Saturday. Lots of laughter. We're going to get together again next weekend.

Cathching up

Having a hard time finding the time to get on the computer. Weird how that happens when you are trying to accomplish things. Things happen, just not internet things! I have gotten writing and sewing done. Even- gasp!- housecleaning!

I am not going to take the time to input my last few days. Here are the highlights.

I have stayed primal, though I ate way too much one Down Day. A pox on party leftovers. Last Down Day I tried a fat-heavy meal plan, and it worked pretty well for controlling hunger. This one, I am trying a protein-heavy plan. No, I have no plans to try a carb-heavy one!

My pains are dropping off at a good clip. I think whatever was wrong inside is healing up. My second blood tests came back normal, so we're chalking that low calcium result up to error or chance. My blood sugar was still low, but again, I had been fasting for 30+ hours, so no surprise there.

Now, I am off to read others' journals!

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    My issues with leftovers are putting them away, once tucked away I usually don't bother them, usually.

Protein-focused versus fat-focused Down Day was harder, but still (almost) do-able. And the almost was vegetables, so I don't feel guilty.

Here's what happened:

Up at 7:30

11:30 4oz catfish fried in coconut oil
    1t home mayo

3:00 the same

5:15 again

7:00 greens cooked in broth with bacon

Day's calories~550

Bed at 9:00

Water: 9 glasses
    Walking: no
    Pains:10!

I think my next Down Day (Monday) will be another fat-focused one. I am skipping Saturday, because I will be at GERMANFEST. Sausage, sausage, and again, I say, sausage! No beer(I'm driving), yes cheese if there's anything good. The inside of an apple strudel is a distinct possibility. And if there is rote grutze, I'm falling all over it.

That said, I am not planning on stuffing myself, only on sampling. I am bringing Tupperware for any leftovers. The perfect day would be lots of good tastes, and a Tupper full of leftovers for Honey.

I have a vague plan of not getting on the internet until I have done my minimum writing for the day. It has happened twice so far, and changes the whole make-up of my morning. But...writing is getting done!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Have fun at Sausage fest. Sounds delicious!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Well, hey there!

I've been trying not to get on first thing in the morning, so that I can get other things done first, when I am at my most peppy. But sometimes that means I don't get on at all. The girls pretty much have control of the computer once they get home, so if I swing from my morning tasks into errands, there goes my internet opportunity. I need to figure out a do-able schedule, because my journal here, and seeing what others are up to is important to me. The interaction has really helped me, and besides, a lot of you folk are just plain interesting. I want to know what's going on.

I've stayed mostly primal, but I had a pains spike, which I think I can relate to TOO MUCH SUGAR. I had some starchy things, and then several helpings of a fruit dessert.

Good news: Now that I have a couple of spikes to look at, it is helping me to figure out the pattern of what is causing them. Now, if I can only LEARN and avoid the behavior. The spike is not as severe this time, and seems to be diminishing rapidly after my Fat-Fast Down Day yesterday. My system seems to be appreciating the rest. I must not have torn myself up too badly, just stirred things up a little.

Honey started his new job yesterday. Yay! We'll have a slight break in income due to the shift in pay schedules, but luckily we have enough saved to cover it.

Germanfest was okay, but not as German as I was expecting. (The wursts were pitiful. And there was NO cheese! I bought strudel for the family, which looked amazing, but I had none for myself. I was not going to risk the grains. Plus, Littlest said it was very sweet, which would have been a double-whammy for me.) I think that is what made me cook up the rote grutze. I felt like I need a shot of some authentic German stuff. And of course, I LOVE rote grutze, and I ended up eating too much because it was just so tasty.

Okay, must dash. I've got to walk the dogs, eat breakfast, write, do dishes, and get it all in done in less than 3 hours so that I can go to the dollar theater.
    Last edited by Sabine; 04-30-2013 at 07:21 AM. Reason: capitalization

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I've been meaning to ask...what do you write?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hey. Who is going to read my journal at 7am other than you
    So glad about hubs new job.

See? That's why I NEED to be getting on early! Pebbles is counting on me! Priorities, Sabine, priorities!

I write Georgian Historical Romance. (Do NOT call them bodice-rippers, although I did have a fun plot twist involving an actual bodice ripping once.) I enjoy writing, but am timid about submitting my work. In other words: I'm a big scaredy-cat.

I DID get all my stuff, including the writing, done before I zipped off to the movies. Saw 'The Incredible Burt Wonderstone' and got some good laughs. All for a dollar, what could be better? And we had a great dinner for Middlest's birthday. There will be fruit tart and pumpkin 'pie' later, for those of us who can manage it. Slightly depressing bra-buying incident this afternoon. My goodness, the flab on my body. Dressing-room mirrors are merciless. Ended up getting the same old bras, which aren't great, but get the job done. And some matching panties, so I can feel girly.