Page 235 of 415 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 4147

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 235

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    so, my first question is, do you make your own ice cream, and pineapple salsa?

wonder if it is thickening agents? Have you tried to make your own gelatin. I use Great Lakes Kosher Beef Gelatin (order online), then you control the ingredients.

I am personally more prone to looking at ingredients in the brat, jello, ice cream etc. than thinking it is from nuts or cauliflower or other simple food. Of course I am not a doctor, so you need to take what I say with a grain of salt (assuming that isn't the culprit)

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I have to watch portion sizes of all cruciferous vegs or I get stomach aches.

Paul Newman pineapple salsa is so delicious; does have a smidge of sugar in it,
    But, oh, how I/we love it.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    The ice cream is store bought, but all real ingredients. The pineapple salsa was bottled. I made it for the girls, and only ate the leftovers because someone had to. There were preservatives. Not the best choice.
    Today is much better with the pains. Luckily, I KNOW that sashimi is fine for me.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    hope this is the start of total healing
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I would lean toward Demuralists opinion too - more likely something in the brats, jello or salsa than a food that you have eaten lots of before and has no additives. Hopefully this stuff will soon be in your past and just a distant memory.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Surely a long walk balances ice cream! Right?

More faxing of W-2s yesterday. The verification company is having a hard time getting callbacks from some of Honey's past employers, so we need to send in the documentation ourselves. But the requests are coming in dribs and drabs. So much easier if they had asked for it ALL at one time. I'm getting very familiar with the book section at Kinko's. (Okay, I've only had to go twice, but there's an attendant adrenelin[how the heck do you spell this?] rush- This information is NEEDED! The job DEPENDS on it HURRY! Do it NOW!)

Luckily, Kinko's is right next to the sushi restaurant. Yes, I sent the faxes first!

Up at 5:00

11:30 2 plates sashimi
    seaweed salad
    rice
    2 grapes

5:45 pork with katsu sauce
    coleslaw

7:00 junior vanilla shake from Braum's (walked there and back)
    2 slices muenster cheese

9:00 15 chocolate chips- yes, I know I said I was going to skip the chocolate today- I didn't

Water: 9 glasses
    Walking: 75"
    Pains: 18, not so sharp

Bed at 9:30

Taking Middlest for her immunizations today. She's NOT looking forward to it.

Getting ready for the weekend

We are having games day here, so I have been busy cooking and tidying. Spinach dip with celery and jicama, strawberries and angel food cake, devilled eggs, zucchini a la Siobhan, olives(for others, not me ). Last minute things will be heating up the chana marsala for our vegetarian friends and salmon patties for meat eaters, and whipping some cream.

The tidying, not so interesting. I should really have people over every week, to make me keep up with all the CLUTTER!

Here was yesterday. Too much time in the car, which led to no walking, but I had a great time with my friend, and got Middlest's shots taken care of.

Up at 5:30

9:00 4oz salmon with 2t mayo

2:30 2 eggs

6:00 large spinach salad with 2, count 'em, 2 bacon(all thanks to you, Skink), vinegar

Water: 8 glasses
    Pains: 19

Bed at 10:00

Okay, need to zip and get these dishes washed and put away! Ciao!

Food and Games

Had a very nice day yesterday. All the cooking got done, but not all the cleaning. Just the way it should be. But we had some sad news. Two of our friends are being sent back to India by their employer, a year ahead of schedule. We'll miss them. We've got them for another month, then that will be it.

Up at 7:00

8:30 8oz cod fried in 1T butter with 2T hollandaise(the last of it)
    1C coleslaw

12:00 1/2C pork with katsu sauce
    1/2 apple
    1/4C seaweed salad
    1 slice muenster

3:15 onwards
    3 devil eggs
    spinach dip with jicama
    zucchini and tomato in olive oil with pine nuts
    strawberries
    cheddar
    chocolate chips
    a few baked potato chips (and a few more)

Water: 8 glasses
    Walking: no
    Pains: 13 (and none until after noon!)

Bed at 9:30

Today I felt a little dizzy in the afternoon. It went away as soon as I ate something. I wonder if I was having a little sugar-crash after my higher-carb eating yesterday afternoon. Strangely, I was not really hungry.

My weight went down a nudge this morning, which I am thankful for. I am hoping I am on the start of another losing period.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Shower your friends with love and good food. In the age of the internet you are never too far from people. Services like skype are a godsent!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    In the age of the internet you are never too far from people. Services like skype are a godsent!
    ^^FACT!

Sorry they are moving away. Is there any possibility that they could be back in the future?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)