Page 234 of 432 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 4312

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 234

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Laundry sucks. lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on Hubby's job!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    It's not so bad: we have a new washer ready to go. And it means I CAN'T do laundry for a couple of days. Heehee.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Love that bacon pic! and its true............ no one eats ONE piece of bacon.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Sabine is online now Senior Member

Grrr.

Not feeling so great. Increased pains yesterday, and they are sharper today. I need to look at my diet for the last three days, and pull out any new thing I ate, and NOT have that, and see if it helps. No real post right now, as I am spending a chunk of time lying flat.

Feeling very VEXED, if not to say PISSED OFF! I was getting better! What is up with me?!?

Again, grrr.

Tomi- did I miss a bacon picture?

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Wondering if maybe it is something other than food?

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    this.........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

I'm thinking its time to make a trip to the doctor. You shouldn't still be having this pain in your tummy. Go find out what it is.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Coll is offline Senior Member
    So glad about Hunny's job! I hope this one is a keeper! You have inspired me to try a version of up and down days. I don't do well with eating just a little so am going to try fasting and if that isn't working I may just eat a small dinner... I really hope you can figure out what these pains are related to! THat doesn't sound good!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Guess what's for lunch today!

I don't know HOW I missed THAT! Bacon plus Lord of the Rings. Skink, sadly, that is just ONE bacon. (Slice of, not side of!) That's what makes it a Down Day.

Let's see, where am I in listing my meals. Shoot, I need to go look at my past posts.

Alright, here's what happened on Tuesday:

Up at 5:30

6:45 quiche
    cream cheese, strawberry, and gelatin dessert leftovers

10:00 leftover chicken and veg in pineapple salsa
    quiche
    1/4C leftover chocolate ice cream(how is such a small amount leftover? Just finish the carton, people!)

3:15 bratwurst with mustard
    lots of cauliflower-cheese
    rotkohl
    2 squares dark chocolate(4gC)

8:00 2 squares dark chocolate(4gC) with
    1T coconut cream chocolate frosting

Water: 9 glasses
    Walking: 30"
    Pains: 21, sharper in eve

Bed at 10:30

And yesterday:

Up at 5:30
    10:30 4oz salmon with 1t home mayo

2:30 jello+ (diet jello with extra gelatin)
    2T cream

5:00 1 egg scrambled in 1t butter

6:30 jello+
    2T cream

Water: 9 glasses
    Walking: 80"
    Pains: 26

Bed at 9:00

Okay here's my list of possible culprits. The first part is from three days prior, in case there was something there that stirred things up, ready to be 'incited'. The second part is the stuff that came just before.

Standard(not organic) bratwurst
    red cabbage
    almonds, pistachios
    green olives
    herbed rice
    dates
    cauliflower
    pineapple salsa
    standard bratwurst
    red cabbage

Hmmm. I also have more sugar in my meals(chocolate, ice cream, and diet jello). These are things that I have had before with seemingly no ill effect, but maybe I have just been having too much for my system right now

I looked back at my pain number list. I had another spike on the 8th. The only commonalities seems to be that it came two days after cauliflower and nuts. This time it came right after cauliflower.

I love cauliflower. This would not be good.

But two data points, in not even the same time pattern, do not evidence make. I will stay away from it for a while, and then try it on its own with nothing new after things have settled down again. See how optimistic I am being? I feel certain that things will settle down again. Good girl!

So, any guesses? If you read this journal at all, you should KNOW!
    Last edited by Sabine; 04-18-2013 at 08:51 AM. Reason: had to go check what I had posted before

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I picked up a copy of my blood tests from last month this morning when I went in to retest. My serum calcium was low, so she wanted to run the test again. (By the way, the range is 8.7 - 10.2, and my number was 8.5, so I'm not freaking out about it.)

This was after I had started the alternate day fasting, so I had the blood drawn at the 37-hour mark of no food.

My serum glucose(blood sugar) was 55. Woo! (Range 65-99) Now, I'm not worried about my blood sugar, but the only other test I remember the results from I was in the high 80s. If that was my eat-anything normal(this was back when I was pregnant, so pre-primal) I can't help but think that primal and ADF can have quite an impact on blood sugar.

Interestingly, although she remarked that my calcium was low, and she wanted a re-test, she said nothing about my blood sugar being low. I know there are problems associated with excessively low blood sugar. Maybe since I have no related symptoms for that, it didn't concern her. Or maybe she thought, 'what can you expect, you didn't eat a THING the day before! )