Page 230 of 437 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 4362

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 230

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Sabine, that is a great way to look at it. Thank you for sharing. I think it'll also help me to be less exasperated as well.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Was able to take my own advice, less than two hours after thinking it. A friend told me that her father had had a heart attack. He needs to 'watch what he eats'. I purposely kept my trap shut, and didn't interject any non-CW advice.

I guess I can learn.

Also, I have found the guaranteed way to get your weight loss moving again:
    Finally find a pair of jeans that fits PERFECTLY.
    Purchase them.
    In a month, they will be too loose.

Slopping around in them today, feeling both annoyed and happy.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    lol The curse of the 3 month jeans. When you lose weight they fit perfectly the first month, loosely the second, and for the 3rd you hold up a grudge as you refuse to toss them even though they are way too big.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Was able to take my own advice, less than two hours after thinking it. A friend told me that her father had had a heart attack. He needs to 'watch what he eats'. I purposely kept my trap shut, and didn't interject any non-CW advice.

I guess I can learn.
    I have been practicing this very thing. People complain on FB about this or that. Through my research, I know that their ailments are caused by too little fat, too much grain, etc, etc. I start to write a comment, and then I delete it. No sense in wasting my time and getting worked up over it when they argue with me about it. I'll just do what I do, and be that lighthouse the boats seek out when it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    lol The curse of the 3 month jeans. When you lose weight they fit perfectly the first month, loosely the second, and for the 3rd you hold up a grudge as you refuse to toss them even though they are way too big.
    I can't wait til I have this problem. I've been stuck since August... lol But, my work pants fit into this category, except I bought them years ago. Just haven't gone shopping for new work clothes yet. Maybe that's what I need to do to get things moving again - it's not jeans that I need to buy - it's work pants!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    yep, not had the 3 month jean problem yet.

Yesterday on FB I saw a comment about diet and cancer cure. It was really good as it talked about sugar feeding cancers. Then it went on to suggest a diet that was essentially vegetarian, with a bit of chicken or fish, and plenty of fruit and veggies and grains and even fruit and veggie juices. Which I was dumb enough to comment on and point out that those are sugars as well. I think sometimes I just need to tape up my keyboard then in the time it would take me to peel the tape off I would have had a chance to realize that I need to not comment!

Doubling Up

Just realized I never posted Wednesday's action. Too busy getting other stuff done. Well, here it is:

Up at 5:30

6:30 Chicken thigh in honey, onions, butter, and wine
    creamed spinach

11:30 Lunch out with my Honey!
    sashimi, seaweed salad, 1/2C rice, 1 beef riblet

2:45 a modest amount of dark chocolate, to make the probiotic go down easily

7:15 chicken and bell peppers in pineapple salsa with a little
    mushroom and cauliflower
    strawberry ice cream and fresh strawberries

Water: 10 glasses
    Walking:50"
    Pains: 16, much milder

Bed at 9:00

And yesterday:

Up at 5:30

4:00 broth

Water: 9 glasses
    Walking: 40"
    Pains:19

Bed at 8:30

I've dipped down into the 180s for the second time. Very exciting. This is where I got to before my latest debacle began. I want to keep powering through. I'm going to wear my loose jeans again today, for ego boosting.

Besides someone telling me my face looked thinner, I DID recently get a hoot from a truck of gardeners. I am also apparently just at the weight/height ratio, to appeal to older Hispanic gentlemen. I had two check me out this week. And I am talking CHECKING me out: slowing down the car, looking, big smile, raised eyebrows. And I wasn't even wearing my magic tank top! Hmmm, I wonder what the proper weight/height ratio is, to have hot lifeguards check me out?

Of course all this has got me in a wildly optimistic point of view, feeling certain that the weight will be falling off and I'll be down to 154 in no time. I'm trying to remind myself that I am going for a nice pound a week. Christmas is the goal. Don't get ahead of myself. Yada, yada, yada. All that dull stuff.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go try on that blue-jean skirt that was too tight!

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Yay, Sabine. Love that things are working! Looks like the pains are getting less frequent?

I think so. Tying not to get cocky, though!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    You have always done awesome with the fasting so JUDDD seems like it was made for you. Great Job!

I love Hispanic men; they are so appreciative of a womanly form.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks, Pebbles. I am really enjoying it so far. I am thinking (fingers crossed) that it might be the thing to get me into a long-term mode. After all, if I slip, I've just had a bad Up Day, I haven't spoiled a whole 'run'.

I have got decided hips and a bust, so any weight loss just makes me more of an hourglass, which definitely attracts some men.