Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 230 of 504 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 5036

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine

Shop Now
    Sabine, that is a great way to look at it. Thank you for sharing. I think it'll also help me to be less exasperated as well.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Was able to take my own advice, less than two hours after thinking it. A friend told me that her father had had a heart attack. He needs to 'watch what he eats'. I purposely kept my trap shut, and didn't interject any non-CW advice.

I guess I can learn.

Also, I have found the guaranteed way to get your weight loss moving again:
    Finally find a pair of jeans that fits PERFECTLY.
    Purchase them.
    In a month, they will be too loose.

Slopping around in them today, feeling both annoyed and happy.

lol The curse of the 3 month jeans. When you lose weight they fit perfectly the first month, loosely the second, and for the 3rd you hold up a grudge as you refuse to toss them even though they are way too big.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
    Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
    Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Was able to take my own advice, less than two hours after thinking it. A friend told me that her father had had a heart attack. He needs to 'watch what he eats'. I purposely kept my trap shut, and didn't interject any non-CW advice.

I guess I can learn.
    I have been practicing this very thing. People complain on FB about this or that. Through my research, I know that their ailments are caused by too little fat, too much grain, etc, etc. I start to write a comment, and then I delete it. No sense in wasting my time and getting worked up over it when they argue with me about it. I'll just do what I do, and be that lighthouse the boats seek out when it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    lol The curse of the 3 month jeans. When you lose weight they fit perfectly the first month, loosely the second, and for the 3rd you hold up a grudge as you refuse to toss them even though they are way too big.
    I can't wait til I have this problem. I've been stuck since August... lol But, my work pants fit into this category, except I bought them years ago. Just haven't gone shopping for new work clothes yet. Maybe that's what I need to do to get things moving again - it's not jeans that I need to buy - it's work pants!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

yep, not had the 3 month jean problem yet.

Yesterday on FB I saw a comment about diet and cancer cure. It was really good as it talked about sugar feeding cancers. Then it went on to suggest a diet that was essentially vegetarian, with a bit of chicken or fish, and plenty of fruit and veggies and grains and even fruit and veggie juices. Which I was dumb enough to comment on and point out that those are sugars as well. I think sometimes I just need to tape up my keyboard then in the time it would take me to peel the tape off I would have had a chance to realize that I need to not comment!

Doubling Up

Just realized I never posted Wednesday's action. Too busy getting other stuff done. Well, here it is:

Up at 5:30

6:30 Chicken thigh in honey, onions, butter, and wine
    creamed spinach

11:30 Lunch out with my Honey!
    sashimi, seaweed salad, 1/2C rice, 1 beef riblet

2:45 a modest amount of dark chocolate, to make the probiotic go down easily

7:15 chicken and bell peppers in pineapple salsa with a little
    mushroom and cauliflower
    strawberry ice cream and fresh strawberries

Water: 10 glasses
    Walking:50"
    Pains: 16, much milder

Bed at 9:00

And yesterday:

Up at 5:30

4:00 broth

Water: 9 glasses
    Walking: 40"
    Pains:19

Bed at 8:30

I've dipped down into the 180s for the second time. Very exciting. This is where I got to before my latest debacle began. I want to keep powering through. I'm going to wear my loose jeans again today, for ego boosting.

Besides someone telling me my face looked thinner, I DID recently get a hoot from a truck of gardeners. I am also apparently just at the weight/height ratio, to appeal to older Hispanic gentlemen. I had two check me out this week. And I am talking CHECKING me out: slowing down the car, looking, big smile, raised eyebrows. And I wasn't even wearing my magic tank top! Hmmm, I wonder what the proper weight/height ratio is, to have hot lifeguards check me out?

Of course all this has got me in a wildly optimistic point of view, feeling certain that the weight will be falling off and I'll be down to 154 in no time. I'm trying to remind myself that I am going for a nice pound a week. Christmas is the goal. Don't get ahead of myself. Yada, yada, yada. All that dull stuff.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go try on that blue-jean skirt that was too tight!

Yay, Sabine. Love that things are working! Looks like the pains are getting less frequent?

I think so. Tying not to get cocky, though!

You have always done awesome with the fasting so JUDDD seems like it was made for you. Great Job!

I love Hispanic men; they are so appreciative of a womanly form.

Shop Now
    Thanks, Pebbles. I am really enjoying it so far. I am thinking (fingers crossed) that it might be the thing to get me into a long-term mode. After all, if I slip, I've just had a bad Up Day, I haven't spoiled a whole 'run'.

I have got decided hips and a bust, so any weight loss just makes me more of an hourglass, which definitely attracts some men.