Page 229 of 415 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 4148

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 229

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think if your girls love her, that is reason enough to ask if you can keep her. Just tell your neighbor that the girls have grown attached to her and were wondering if he would entertain the idea of you guys keeping her. If he says no, then you could maybe ask if you could buy her. He obviously has no emotional attachment to her or he'd never have let you guys have her for as long as you have. But I suspect he'll want a good dollar for her - especially if he's bred her in the past.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    congrats on the scale! Sure wish I could get hubby on board with me --- 90% of my bad choices are due to his influence. Rum and ice cream.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Planning a nice lunch out with my Honey

You have to love those fasting days, for brevity of reporting if nothing else!

Up at 5:30

Water: 10 glasses
    Walking: 40"
    Pains: milder, 27

Bed at 9:00

A good day yesterday. A little hungry, but it was TrueHunger, so manageable. I did some dry skin brushing and had a nice warm bath for relaxation. I felt like I needed it, after my rather grueling pains the day before. It is supposed to be raining all day here, making walking today a damp proposition. Maybe I'll go to the gym with Honey.

He says he has lost 10 pounds in these four weeks, and that he's going to keep it up. I am taking him out for a sushi lunch this afternoon. It will be nice to have a date in the middle of the day. Still no word on the job front. He was expecting to hear about one company, and is annoyed with the recruiter's discourtesy in not getting back to him, even if to say, 'no news'. Had a different interview, where they kept him two hours, which we both feel is a good sign. Fingers crossed.

wow - thats a long interview! Hope something comes through soon

so on down days you have NO food at all? today is my dd and I'm thinking of doing a full on fast also. I'm hungry and its only 9:50 am. Oh dear. Time for hot tea!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Tomi-when I first started this, it was because I was having those mystery pains. I decide to fast every other day to 'give my system a rest'. Remember I have done those 3-4 day fasts for autophagy? Those were eating nothing, so that's what I went with. Then I did some research and learned about JUDDD, plus my doctor said she didn't want me to fast(her reasoning seemed a little off, but hey, I figured I could TRY it her way.) That's when I went to the 400 calorie Down Days.

So, I had 5 Fasting Days before I switched to Down Days, and I had 12 of those before I plugged in another Fasting Day. My pains had gotten worse on Moday, I THINK as a reaction from the high sugar event Saturday night, so a Fasting Day just really appealed. I popped some additional probiotics in lieu of the yogurt the doctor wants me consuming every day.

I definitely find them easier than eating 'just a little'. That has never been my strong suit. I guess I do well with extremes. Also, TrueHunger seems to go away if you don't feed it. But if you give it just a bite, it is encouraged!

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    TrueHunger seems to go away if you don't feed it. But if you give it just a bite, it is encouraged!
    This I find to be true, but I still have not gotten to a mental place where I can just not eat, we shall see though, it is almost 2pm here and I have not had any food yet. I did do 2 cups of tea this morning each with a tablespoon of half and half (less calories than HWC, and my HWC has a carb in it anyway). I have had one of my 50oz bottles of ACV water. I did bring some bone broth with a whole bouillon cube in it just in case, but no need so far.

12:10 -- just a mug of herbal tea with stevia. So far so good. Looking in the fridge earlier I discoverd 2 steaks that need to be cooked tonight. So dinner will be a small filet and roasted veggies. Tomorrow I'm making carnitas for the first time!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

A random thought

Brought on by some other people's posts, lately, and then Coll's comment in Lopisheep's journal in particular.

During labor with my first child, I found a position where I felt in control. It still hurt, but I was on top of it in a sense. Not so scared any more, and like I might make it. My midwife encouraged me to try something else that she said would be easier, but nope, I was going to stick with this. It wasn't great, but I knew what to do to get through it, mentally.

With my second and third deliveries, I had more confidence, and was able to listen. When she suggested standing, and a semi-squat, I gave it a try. I had the confidence that I could go back to something else endurable if it didn't work.

I'm going to try to view people not willing to try primal to fix their health problems as I was that first time. Maybe that it is just that they have found a way to endure. They're not liking it, but they are tough enough to handle it, whereas, something new, who knows. Fear of the unknown can be powerful. Maybe it will help me be less exasperated, and more caring.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I have to remind myself that I was very resistant to primal once upon a time. When I first heard of the 'no grain thing' I thought it was ridiculous. I think I heard of it about a year before I tried it myself. And I'm a person who wants to learn everything I can about something I'm interested in, so I made a point of doing a boatload of reading. Realistically not many people are like that. If I hadn't had any interest in the science and research aspect, I doubt if I would have either tried it or been successful. On the other hand, I shouldn't sell other people short and think that because they won't read Good Calories, Bad Calories which is admittedly hardcore, they won't be successful.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    that is the pattern of my life these past few years! I thought I would never do low carb because I couldn't do without all the grains-then got desperate enough to go for it and don't miss them.

Then I saw a bit about Primal and thought it was ridiculous, but then something in the back of my mind nagged at me regarding the "faux" food so prevalent in LC. and I was drawn in.

Then I kept seeing things about IF, and I thought nope not for me I like eating too much, but well here I go doing a version (a wimpy one but still) of IF.

No more judging for me!