Page 227 of 424 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 4239

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 227

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I like sewing. So relaxing for me. But 7 1/2 hours of hemming one item would probably get old really fast unless I had enough movies and DIY Network to watch while I hemmed. You make me want to be a housewife so badly!! I would thoroughly enjoy your job, I think.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Mom/Housewife=BEST JOB IN THE WORLD!!!!!!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I DID watch episodes of Fringe through most of the hemming!

I love being a homemaker, mother, and wife. And I think our family has gotten a lot out of having me at home. (Least of- nicely hemmed prom dresses!)

Made a batch of fabric flowers today, that I am going to attach to hair combs. Middlest looks great in her dress(already wearing the highest heels she's got- she's a short nugget).

Dinner tonight: lambchops and roasted cauliflower. Five minutes until go time, and the smell is driving me wild. I have reintroduced cauliflower, 'cause I just NEEDED some more veg choice. I am willing to have a little gas.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Wow. There was one point in my life when I sewed all our clothes (except jeans). But 7 1/2 hours on a hem, wow! That is going to be some dress. Can't wait 'til you post a picture of her in it. Oh, I'm back. See post if interested 7 1/2 hours. I'm impressed.

Lopisheep! Hello.

Puts off own post to jog over to Lopisheep's.

Okay, I'm back

Here's yesterday:

Up at 5:30

6:30 taco meat, tomato, cheese, avocado-yum!

10:00 1 bratwurst
    homemade sauerkraut(okay, apparently I have added cabbage back in, too, not just cauliflower)
    primal cheesecake with raspberry jam(must stop this-it sets off cravings)
    macaroons

12:00 cheese
    liverwurst

3:00 1/2C seaweed salad

6:30 lamb chop with A-1 sauce
    cauliflower roasted with coconut oil
    sugar-free jello

Water: 8 glasses
    Walking: no
    Pains: yes, 23

Bed at 10:00- fell asleep on the couch about 9:30

You may have noticed I forgot my yogurt. I usually have it in the evenings, and I was too full, and then dozed off. So, I'm going to have two portions today. Oh, joy.

The weights are going steadily downward. I get excited when I love at my graphs. They're very encouraging.

Today I am turning all the little silk flowers I made yesterday into hair combs, and making lemon bars for the After-party. And buying a rotisserie chicken to take camping tomorrow(all for me!). And doing the errands, the dishes, packing, taking my walk, and meeting with friends tonight. Whew! I may not have TIME to eat yogurt twice.

I watched the Michael Mosley documentary on pbsDOTorg yesterday. Well worth an hour of your time. It will be up on their site through May 5th. I'm going to get honey to watch it, too. And look for his book. There is so little money to be made, promoting ADF/5:2(no real products to sell, after all, just eat less once in a while), that I feel I should support those who are getting the information out.

And it is nice that it works with any kind of food choices. I am partial to primal low-carb, but those who follow something different, can still use the principle.

Naturally, I have only been doing this for a month. I am still in the honeymoon phase. We'll see if I keep it up, and what my results are. But so far, more positives than negatives, I would say.

OK. I'm way behind. What are "Pains: Yes, 23"? Sounds like a lot of pain.

P.S. I don't think you're going to have time for two yogurts today!

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I saw somewhere that someone added whipped cream to their yogurt (about half and half) and a bit of sweetener (well actually a bit of SF pudding)to make it more palatable. I was going to try this for DH but he has gotten used to the taste (well I get him the kind with the fruit in the bottom so whats not to like) and he adds some "granola" (nuts and seeds-he thinks is granola). Anyway it might help on the up day yogurts.

I've been having some mystery pains, which may be Irritable Bowel Syndrome. My doctor put me on probiotics, and told me to have yogurt at least once per day. I'm tracking them (with a cute little stitch counter, slung around my neck on a string) so that I can be more objective about them. For instance, I have only had 5 pains so far. So when I have one, I don't have to let my imagination run wild, I can say something like, 'oh, a few more than yesterday,' or 'good, I was up to 8 by this time yesterday.'

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, down to 0 pains sounds like a plan. By like tonight. Pain is not too useful, I find.