Page 224 of 415 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 4147

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 224

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Tomi come on over to the alternate day thread. You can do uddd in any macro combo you can make work. And we are working to make it a very supportive thread.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Tomi- I am definitely sticking to low-carb during my JUDDD trial. I have tended toward a little more HighFat as well, but I was never doing that strictly. But I don't see why not.

I have been doing it since March 5th. My numbers (I've been weighing every day) are encouraging, but I don't want to really analyze them until I have a full month under my belt. I think that will be especially important since part of this diet is an ingrained up-and-down. However, my jeans are definitely looser, and I THINK my stomach looks smaller. That may be due to FODMAP experimentation(which is a royal pain in the butt!). Or maybe just my imagination!

Woke up ravenous this morning, so had breakfast earlier than usual, and it was fantastic. Ham, egg, cheese, and two enormous strawberries(likely mutants!).

Here's how yesterday went:

Up at 5:30

11:30 small spinach salad- spinach, 1 strip bacon, 1/2 hard egg, vinegar

4:45 strawberry-rhubarb yogurt

8:00 1/2C vegetable slurry with poached egg

Water: 9 glasses
    Walking: 60"
    Pains: yes

Bed at 9:30

I like to pick up old magazines at our library once in a while- 10 cents a piece. Last time I grabbed two issues of Diabetes Forecast, just to see. They had a Holiday Menus section that was really pretty good. Listen to this:
    Garlic and Sage Roast Pork
    Roasted Winter Vegetables
    Spinach, Fennel, and Pear Salad
    Spiced Roasted Salmon
    Holiday Carrot Soup
    Sauteed Grape Tomatoes
    Party Shrimp with Cilantro Dip
    Thai Chicken Salad in Cucumber Cups
    Crustless Spinach Quiche

I left out the Biscotti and Bruschetta! And think I would be perfectly happy without them, too. their official line may be whole grains, but there was a marked absence of them in the recipes. Of course, I would substitute the real thing for their fat-free (blech!) cheeses in the quiche.

Making some more mayonaise today. I found a jar that will hold my immersion blender, and am going to try it, Pebbles-style.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Okay - I'm in on the JUDDD/Alternate Day Diet thing. Today is down day for me. I'm going to have one egg fried in Kerrygold (1 TB), then lots of hot tea through out the afternoon.......... dinner is 3 oz of ground beef and steamed veggies. 497 calories with 59% fat, 29% prot, 13% carbs. Its a good start. I will use Friday as my beginning weight for reference. I'm giving it a month - if I lose even 2 pounds I'm going to stay with it until I reach my goal. On UP day I will resume the EMF protocol.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Hey, Tomi. Glad you are joining us. I'll be interested to see how it works for you.

No Pebbles for breakfast

I usually look at Pebbles' journal first when I get on. She posts early in the morning, so she's conveniently near the top of the journals when I get on, and she always has something good to say.

I feel sad that she's not there this morning.

I understand that she needs the time away, and I want it to be good for her, but this is my journal, so I get to have it be ALL ABOUT ME! And say 'I want my Pebbles!'

And of course, I worry. I hope she won't be bingeing(Tried to spell that without the 'e'. I sort of like 'binging' better! )

Okay, back to the main event. Here's what happened to ME yesterday:

7:30 scrambled egg cooked in butter
    wrapped in a slice of ham with some
    cheddar
    2 enormous strawberries- probably the equivalent of 8 normal ones

11:30 3 coconut macaroons
    1 babybel cheese

2:30 salmon patty fried in
    butter
    shrimp
    homemayo
    1/2 avocado
    1/4C glazed walnuts

4:15 1 coconut macaroon
    2 oz milk chocolate
    1 sm0ked pork chop

5:45 yogurt with
    1T raspberry jam

Water: 9 glasses
    Walking: no
    Pains: yes

Bed at 10:30

The chocolate was threatening to turn into a snack attack, but I stopped it in its tracks with that pork chop. I ate the yogurt a little later because I realized I needed to get it in before the day was over. The jam I had with it was because it was staring me in the face, looking beautiful. Sweet, but it cut the yogurt nicely and was delicious. I regret nothing. Well, except the milk chocolate. Not very tasty. I prefer dark chocolate now. Wow! Never would have thought that would happen.

My weight went down today. After an up Day. That is puzzling to me, but very gratifying. I tell myself it means the weight is really coming off, it is not just because I am 'empty'.
    Last edited by Sabine; 03-28-2013 at 06:35 AM.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Very cool - weight drop after an UD!!!! As long as I see an overall trend down, then I figure I must be losing. And, my measurements are decreasing, even after an UD.

Have a lovely DD today.

You too, RMS. I am so glad I don't have your travel challenges. You are doing a great job working the system into your life.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Yeah for lower weight!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Sabine - have you thought about taking pills in place of yogurt? I know for yogurt recipes, you basically go buy the stuff (sometimes) in capsules and dump it into the yogurt. Of course, the yogurt may be working, so ignore this if that's the case

I'm taking a probiotic pill, as well. When I talk to the doctor next week, I'm going to discuss dropping the yogurt. It will depend on how I am doing, if I feel it is helping, etc.

Yesterday was a good Down Day. Good energy, not too much hunger or thinking about food. I even enjoyed my vegetable slurry! Here's how it went:

11:00 medium spinach salad with
    1 bacon
    1/2 hard egg
    vinegar

4:30 1C vegetable slurry with
    poached egg

8:30 1/2C yogurt

Water: 9
    Walking: 40"
    Pains: not many

Bed at 9:00

Did I mention that we are putting the dogs on JUDDD? Salem needs to lose 1.6 pounds, and we are interested to see if it will help Chloe's skin(which got much better after switching her to raw, but is still a little issue). They get 125-150% on their Up Days, which they are LOVING! They seem a bit puzzled on the Down Days.

Last night we colored eggs. Got a little crazy, and it was fun. We also filled our plastic eggs(candy, quarters, and lip gloss). We are ready for the Easter Bunny to do some hiding! One of Middlest's friends joins us, since her parents don't do egg hunts (!). And it looks like the weather will be good, so Honey can get his bike rides. Looking forward to the weekend.