Page 223 of 415 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 4147

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 223

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ugh, that I would get so angry about. We have a family of coondogs that lives across the street who bark quite a bit too, but they do quiet down occasionally. They had moved out for a while (divorce) and a new family moved in to rent the house. The gentleman who lived there before must have won the house in the divorce b/c the renters moved out and the family of coondogs is back. I let mine out last night and hollered for them to come in and the coondogs went apesh*t. I hollered to Brad "The Browns are back!" lol The barking dogs aren't much of a bother unless it's summertime and we have the windows open. Even then they don't bother me much (I can tune them out for the most part) but they disturbe my daughter's naps. We usually call the cops when they get to be too bad and then the family puts bark collars on them for a week, then we're back to the same noisy dogs again.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I can understand dogs barking for a reason, then stopping. It is the non-stop part that drives me crazy. Especially when we have overnight guests as the barkers are just under the spare bedroom window. Our houses are pretty close together, but luckily the rooms that are the most bothered by the barking, besides the spare, are our public spaces, so the rest of us can sleep at least. But when they go out at night or away for the weekend (and have someone "check" on the dogs) OMG, it is honestly all I can do not to pull out the bb gun to try to retrain them.

They have been reported numerous times by all the neighbors, they just think it must be someone elses dogs that were reported. Our homes are on the inside of a curvey road so our back yards are small and wedge shaped, so the barking bothers at least 4 homes. And all the owners would have to do is to lock the doggy door when they go away. I wish some coyote or fox would slip in that door, then I am pretty sure it would get sealed.

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Alternate day Fasting threads on the Nutrition page

If you are interested. I put up two. One for support and Chat, one for Debate and Science.

My Up Day is proceeding in the normal frustrating fashion: I am not hungry enough to eat all the things I would like to taste. I had a good breakfast and lunch, and am now worried that I might not get hungry for dinner!

I know, nice thing to worry about.

Oh...

The Aldi Experiment

I've been doing it for a while now. The give-the-money-to-Honey-if-I-don't-walk aspect quickly fell by the wayside. And I have not stuck to my $10 limit. But I HAVE reduced my grocery spending by about 25%, and I have gotten to the point where I really enjoy the walks. It does not seem like a chore anymore, just a normal way of getting groceries. And I've increased my civic responsibility level by picking up trash.

So, I judge it a success!

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    ^ Will have to go find this.

Forgot my yogurt yesterday

Otherwise, I ate everything I intended, but not too much of it. A satisfying Up Day. And I got my walk. But feels like nothing much else got done. Here's how it went:

Up at 5:00

8:45 1/2C vegetable slurry with a
    poached egg
    about 1C turkey-cream cheese leftovers

12:30 sashimi- tuna, salmon, chirashi, pickled squid salad, mussels
    1/4C rice with fake crab(r4 rolls)
    seaweed salad

6:30 pot roast
    roasted sweet potato, turnip, carrot
    1/2C strawberry ice cream

Water: 9 glasses
    Walking: 60"
    Pains: mostly in the morning, and eve after sitting down

Bed at 9:30

I did get the dogs' nails trimmed. Salem and Chica had it done at the vet. The one time we tried with Chica, she SCREAMED when we cut the first one, even though no quick was involved. No thanks. And Salem is a thrasher. I am just not up for it. Chloe sits nice and quietly, though. Glad to get away when it is done, but at least she lets you do it! I think she is just grateful that she doesn't have to go down the hall with the vet technician.

There was a poor lady there when we arrived, who was facing having her cat put down, and crying in the lobby. What a horrible time. I remember when we put Cruiser down. Even though she was suffering, it was hard to do. I'm glad I held it together and was able to sit calmly and pet her while she died, but boy, did I lose it afterwards.

Woo. I do not need to be thinking about this right now. I don't want to start the day with a crying headache.

Musings- my nose has been kind of stuffy in the mornings. I think it may be the yogurt. After the two weeks, I am going to see about dropping it.

In hopes of having another surge of Down Day energy today, I am planning on doing some major work in my sewing room. Organizing and actual SEWING!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you have a busy day planned. Glad to see Chica is still living with you and you're enjoying the Aldi's walks.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine, when you get a chance, if you don't mind doing it, would you add a link to the JUDDD debate thread into the first post on the JUDDD support thread. It might be helpful. Especially now that we are getting free advice on how to do the JUDDD, by adding sugar one day. thanks!

Okay, link added! And I was wild and crazy and responded to Choco. Probably a mistake. I should just keep my head down. I thought it was nice of Emmie to give us some more details on what has worked for her. I'm thinking some fish will be good on my next Down Day. My Costco had cans of wild caught tuna, no fillers! I bought a six-pack.

yep, it took a lot for me not to respond to him. He is just a contrarian, spreading his gems (pure sugar for a carb refeed-honestly!) here and there to the consternation of many!

I am still figuring out what works for ud's vs dd's, but had pistachio crusted salmon last night and asparagus with a sort of hollandaise sauce and it was amazing. I am doing a bag of the konjac noodles with broccoli and chicken tonight on my dd.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Hey Girls....... I'm reading with great interest here............. I might give this up/down thing a try too. But I want to do it HFLC still - if thats even an option. I'm gonna go do some reading on it. Sabine - have you weighed yet? I don't even know how many days you've been doing this - I sorta came in late. Thats what I get for stepping away from some of the journals! UGH ---
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140