Page 221 of 436 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 4359

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 221

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Look at you woman! You are my home improvement Goddess inspiration.
    My spring break starts tomorrow and I have a to do list. I can't wait to get started.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Quite a project! How did it go? Pics? At least a description of the dogs exploring the new surface.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Oh, it's not done yet! I wish! I had high hopes, but all I was able to finish before I gave out was the prep(5 hours!), and the first two boards. I'll get going with my second wind tomorrow morning.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    5 hours of home improvement is more than a lot really impressive.

Thanks, Demuralist, though with what you accomplish in a day, I feel like a slacker!

Yesterday was a Down Day for me, and my plan was to eat yogurt three times over the course of the day. Well, I was just too busy. I wanted to plunge right into the flooring as soon as the girls were out the door(and did) so I didn't eat any early. Then I wanted to keep going(and did) and only barely managed to make myself drink water every half hour. There never seemed like enough time to sit and eat yogurt(so I didn't). After that, I was driving children places, doing errands, cooking dinner. Finally, at 7:30pm I thought, I better eat something! So I did. Here are my stats:

Up at 5:30

7:30PM strawberry-rhubarb yogurt

Water: 9 glasses
    Walking: nope, but plenty of crawling, bending, stooping, squatting
    Pains: some, mainly aching, not cramps

Bed at 8:30

I got into bed right after the yogurt, because the house was FREEZING and I wanted to bundle up and read. But as soon as I was horizontal, my brain thought I meant to go to sleep. Just got a little reading done before I dozed off.

The day before yesterday I listened to the Dr. Lara talk on intermittent fasting. Interesting. He could go for better graphics, though.

The list of vegetables that are NOT on the FODMAPs list, is depressingly short. Yesterday I made a soup of the soup-appropriate ones (carrots, spinach, green beans, parsnips, zucchini[no turnips at the grocery]), and I regret to say it tastes like dirt. I will have to play with the seasonings today. I was thinking it would be a good have-on-hand item for Down Days, maybe with a poached egg on top. Of course, the poached egg would likely improve it, too. But, man! Parsnips have a lot of carbs! One cup of the stuff will have 12 grams. Of course, 1/2C might be sufficient if I don't improve the taste!

The Honey Report: He had his third Down Day yesterday, and is doing fine. I have not noticed him eating more on his Up Days, either. Last night he was joking that he was going to set the alarm for midnight so he could get up and eat, but this morning he was quite happy to remain in bed for a while before getting up, and then made himself a leisurely and (modest) breakfast of liverwurst on toast.

We're now thinking of putting the dogs on it. After all, most of the experiments have been done on non-human animals, and they all thrive. We'd like to have them around longer, and in better health. Though I don't know how I would give Chica smaller portions. Hers already look like a pittance!

Yesterday:

Up at 5:30

8:00 ground turkey with cream cheese leftovers
    1 fried egg
    1 piece of herring

12:30 salmon patty with home mayo
    carrots with butter and dill
    3 coconut macaroons

4:30 small bowl candied walnuts

6:30 1 small lamb chop
    1 small pork chop
    1/2 cucumber in yogurt
    strawberry ice cream*
    more candied walnuts

* wish I had stopped here. Those candied walnuts are too good!

Water: 7 glasses
    Walking: nope
    Pains: not until afternoon and evening,

Bed at 9:00

More work on the floor was done, but it is still not finished. Once I am interrupted by family duties, I lose my zeal for the day. But what is done is looking good.

I have to start things like that first thing in the morning and usually work through lunch, once I stop and the aches from what I have done start to settle in I don't usually go back to it!

Can you use broth or bouillon for your veggie soup? One thing I use to help flavor soups is a seasoning mix that is made using 4C of Nutritional (NOT Brewers) Yeast, 4T of Spike, and 4 tsp garlic powder, then you sprinkle a tablespoon or two onto the soup. It is very yummy. When the kids used to do popcorn, we would drizzle honey on top of the popped popcorn and sprinkle this mix on top of that. Nutritional yeast is what vegetarians or vegan often use to get a cheesy flavor and color to foods.

Hmm, I have some nutritional yeast in the pantry. I'll give that a try. Thanks, Demuralist. No garlic, since it is on the list of things I am avoiding for a while.

The floor is kicking my butt. I am at a tricky part, and do not want to proceed. Took an internet break, but now it is time to go back.

So, I'm going.

Sort of.

getting to tricky parts in a project has derailed many a past project. Actually it is what usually keeps me from starting things!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The floor is laid!

The soup tastes better! (Thanks, Demuralist!)

The library is about to close, so that's all I have time for. But I knew you'd be waiting with bated breath to hear about the floor. Putting the molding back up tomorrow.