Page 220 of 396 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 3955

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 220

Sabine is offline Senior Member

In which I natter on and on about health concerns- fair warning!

Shop Now
    Today seems to be going easier, with the whole eating-just-a-liitle-bit-oh-no-yogurt-again plan. I think my brain has accepted that this yogurt is not really FOOD, more like medicine that takes a while to get down. I also had my second dose of yogurt sans stevia. Guess I've officially put my big girl panties on.

Honey is off to the gym. Usually he has a slug of protein powder before he works out, and a huge, honking steak afterwards. His plan for today is...nothing. Workout, come home, slug around on the couch until he falls asleep. I hope it works for him. he is good with extremes, though, so it may. He had no problem with his first fasting day, and was surprised that he didn't feel like eating EVERYTHING on his Up Day. He just ate the normal amount. (Or maybe even a little less!)

I'm looking at the FODMAP list, and quailing a bit. There's plenty of food TO have. I just seem to be stuck on the ones I can't have. I'm thinking a nice spinach salad with bacon and eggs, but no mushrooms or red onions. No mushrooms! Yikes. Or a salmon patty with some homemade mayo. No artichokes, though.

And no nightshades, on top of this? What was I thinking?! That these pains suck. Oh, yeah. Okay, it is worth a try.

I need to make up a nice pot of vegetable soup, full of the things that are safe, for a back-up. I can see it will take me a while to learn what is what.

The doctor called back. I'm not going to go into results, because I don't want to get into any what-ifs, but I will mention that my electrolytes and liver function are fine, and there's no sign of infection. I am going back next week to redo one portion that is a little off. More tests may be indicated. Hmm, we all saw that coming, didn't we? Please, please, let these probiotics do the trick. Or the food elimination. Or the prayer.

The pains are less/gone when I lie down, so I am making time in my day for some 'rests'. The dogs are confused by this.

I don't (think) I have the bloating associated with IBS or FODMAPs stuff, but everybody is different. Maybe I don't recognize bloating when I see it? Maybe my stomach is actually concave! But I figure it can't hurt. And it is cheap to try. Certainly less expensive than an ultrasound, which seems to be the next step up after blood tests. And that's not going to happen until Honey has another job, so I may as well pass the time doing something!

Luckily, other than this, I seem to be in great shape. Asking the questions, the doctor was surprised that at my age I am not on ANY medications. She even asked again, as if I might whip out a pill container I had forgotten. Down side, I had to pay the federally mandated new patient fee, since I have not been in to the office in four years. Three years is the limit. I'll keep that in mind for 2016.

A confession

I do not like to watch basketball.

Or baseball.

I like football, I like golf. I like the Olympics. I even like watching billiards. But basketball-no. I am already sick of hearing about March Madness, and I mostly listen to NPR, which, as you may imagine, is light on the basketball coverage. How long does this go on?!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Amen. Preach it sister.

Sorry you need more tests. I hope they all work out okay and that you get some answers.

Thanks, Pebbles. I am trying to keep a positive mental attitude.

Yesterday, though boring, went pretty well. Essentially: yogurt, yogurt, yogurt. Maybe making the yogurt as unmeal-like as possible made it easier. Maybe it was just chance. The rest of the stats:

Up at 5:00

Water: 11 glasses
    Walking: 90"
    Pains: some

Bed at 9:00

Made sushi for the girls and the Honey this morning. Tuna and eel. I am having none of it. There is not enough time to eat all the things I want to, in just one day in two, and choices must be made!

One of my tasks for today is to make a list of the foods that are okay for me right now. I'm going to be fairly sparse, as if any food is exacerbating the situation, I want to get rid of it so I can heal up. I bought myself a lambchop for today, as a consolation prize.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I hope you're feeling better soon, Sabine.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thanks, Jenn. It has been up and down, so I am trying not to get too excited about a good day, or bummed about a bad one. (This is not my strong suit, but I'm trying!)

Coll is offline Senior Member
    So sorry things are such a trial healthwise at the moment! I hope you can get on top of this and all healed up. Well done with sticking at it and I really hope that you can figure out what foods are the culprits and that you find some fun stuff to take their places!! Praying for you - hope you have a good day!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

Thank you, Coll. It's a challenge, that's for sure. I'm hoping that all my body needs is some time to heal itself.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry to hear you continue to have these pains. I know from own experience that once the guts are annoyed, they take awhile to return to health. Here's hoping for you to be better very soon!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The great hall floor adventure!

Thanks, Siobhan. Patience is not my strong suit. Maybe it will be by the time I am back in fighting fettle. I do feel more at ease mentally since the doctor visit and test, so that's good. And since I feel better when I am standing over sitting, I have finally been inspired to start switching my computer to standing-up style for most of my use. I figure the rest of the family can just lump it!

Yesterday was an Up day, the first where I was trying to limit FODMAPs and nightshades. mercy, I had to be thinking all the time! here's how it went:

Up at 5:30

9:15 wilted spinach salad with 2C spinach
    2 bacon
    1 hard egg
    half of the bacon grease and 1T vinegar

1:00 lambchop
    1 zucchini, grated and boiled, mixed with
    1/4C basil pesto
    many (too many) swiss cheese chunks
    3 dark chocolate covered macadamias

6:30 salmon patty with
    2T homemade mayo
    buttered zucchini with salt
    strawberry-rhubarb yogurt
    3 chocolate covered macadamias

Water: 10 glasses
    Walking:40"
    Pains-light until after dinner

Bed at 9:30

Fails on the FODMAPs: chocolate! yogurt!

Okay, I feel I need to continue the yogurt(at least for a little while), because of the doctor's suggestion(Though I was somewhat disheartened that she didn't know what I meant by FODMAPs. Or maybe it was the nightshade reference that threw her?). But chocolate? I could cut that. Sob. Not forever, Sabine, not forever!

I never really felt like I was gassy before, but now I feel super-aware of every gas incident. Maybe I AM gassy!

Today I do my hall floor. I decided to go for the whole thing in one day. Honey does not like disruption, and having to deal with a ripped u floor would be a stress to him right now which he does not need. Then Littlest told me that she has no practice this morning, so she's going in later, which means I am starting one hour later than expected. A challenge! I'm up for it.

Steps:
    Pry up the baseboards
    Rip up the carpet and padding
    Pull any nails and staples
    Sweep up all the disgustingness
    Wipe with cleaner
    Lay down new padding
    Start measuring, cutting, and snapping the boards
    Squeeze that last one in
    Put the baseboards back on
    Collapse
    Laugh at the dogs skittering on the new surface

I can do all that in 7 hours, right? Oh, and did I mention I am delivering the quilt top to our quilter at lunch time? So, minus 1 hour hour that.

Wish me luck. And if you see me on the forums after 9:00CST, yell at me to get back to work!