Page 218 of 412 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 4116

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 218

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Double post

Primal Fuel
    Yesterday was too busy of a day to do my regular post, so here is the information from my last two days:

Friday
    Up at 6:30

12:45 1 chicken sausage(yeah, that no-chicken-thing only lasted until there was nothing else in the house )
    1C nomac cauliflower

4:30 1/2C yogurt + 2T cream + stevia, hereafter to be referred to as yogurt mix

7:00 cilantro-lime shrimp
    seaweed salad
    herring
    2 coconut macaroons

Water: 9 glasses
    Walking: 80"
    Pains: yes

Bed at 9:30

Saturday

8:00 1/2C yogurt mix

10:30 bite of lobster with ghee

1:00 1 oz cheese

7:00 1/2C yogurt mix

Water: 8 glasses
    Walk: 25"
    Pains: yes

Bed at 8:30

I did another round of group sewing yesterday, and again, it knocked me out. I was falling asleep on the couch at 8:15, so I dragged myself off to bed. Eating just a little was harder than fasting. I think because I knew I could eat a little, so when I felt hunger pangs, I didn't just banish them, but considered them. I am looking at the JUDDD section of the lowcarbfriends forum, in hopes of picking up some strategies. Looks like a lot of them use pre-planned meals on their Down Days.

We are having corned beef and cabbage for dinner tonight, so there will be cabbage galore in the house. I think I might make a slaw around that for tomorrow. But since I am having yogurt twice a day, it drastically reduces my options for the rest of the day. JUDDD might have to go by the wayside for a while. Rats. I really like the idea of SIRT1 building up in my body and taking care of business. Well, I will try this limiting for a couple more days before I decide.

Oh, for those who are interested, we finished the quilt top yesterday, and it looked amazing! It took 34 woman hours to put together. Plus all the time everyone spent making their blocks. Estimate 1 1/2 - 2 hours per block, 32 blocks, equals 48-64 hours. Now one of our members is going to machine quilt it, another 12 hours, and then we'll add the label and do the binding, 6 hours. So, 100-116 hours for a generous queen-size quilt.

Felt very thirsty toward the end of yesterday. I need to drink more water today.
    Last edited by Sabine; 03-17-2013 at 06:26 AM.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I wonder if things like kimchi, or sauerkraut, or kombucha might do the same thing as the yogurt's active cultures and give you more of a mix of that kind of help. Also, kombucha might be the answer for your down days. Obviously you would have to ask your doc about it.

I actually pre-track my meals and that way I know what to expect. I alter if necessary, but it went pretty well for my first round.

Congrats on your quilt. I do not love sewing (I am more a knitter/painter type) but for some reason I promised my kids quilts made from their old t-shirts when they went off to college. I am only 2 years behind for my DD's, hopefully will finish before she goes back for her junior year, then I can start on DS's.

I have a stack of t-shirts being saved for the same purpose.

I'm going to have some of my homemade sauerkraut today (in addition to the yogurt and probiotics) for that purpose. Thanks for reminding me about it. Sometimes things get lost on that top shelf of the fridge.

Enjoyed myself yesterday with our traditional St. Patrick's Day dinner. It is hard for me to believe that I never even had corned beef until I was a grown up, it is such a favorite now. Goal for next year: corning my own beef.

Here's what went down, yesterday:

7:45 2 eggs + 2 yolks
    1T butter
    red peppers and onions
    1/2C yogurt mix

2:00 salmon patty
    2T homemade mayo with capers
    1C creamed spinach
    2 squares dark chocolate

6:15 plenty of corned beef
    1C cabbage
    1C sweet potato
    2T butter
    2 coconut macaroons, dark chocolate ganache, 6 raspberries

Water: 11 glasses
    Walking: 85"
    Pains: less and fewer, I think

Bed at 9:00

The dessert was really neat. Littlest saw it in a magazine, and we made our own mini version. Two coconut macaroons pressed into a crust in a muffin cup, filled with chocolate ganache, and topped with raspberries. So cute, and very delicious!

Not a very good night's sleep last night, for some reason. Maybe my brain was mourning the end of spring break. In any case, I feel a little groggy this morning, and stuffy(nose and ears). Time for some Kill Everything Tea, to loosen things up.

I didn't mean to eat lunch so late yesterday, it just sort of happened. Reminded me of Atkin's 'warning' not to forget meals, and to eat at least every 6 hours, which I thought was such a joke when I first read it. I'm still laughing, but for a different reason, now.

Hey, wow

Honey has always been supportive of my fasting, and when I started this alternate day thing he was interested in the stuff I told him about SIRT1, inflammation, and life extension.

Last night he said he was thinking about trying it, and this morning he said he was going to fast today. I think it is pretty cool. I hope it goes well for him. If he can get past the first four harder days, I can see him making this his new routine. He is very much a creature of habit.

The only difficulty I see is that he is a carb-hound, so a day of fasting may be uncomfortable for him as the sugar cravings hit. He already told me he might just go to bed as soon as he gets home from work to get over it. I made him drink some elctrolyte water before he left this morning, and I'm going to give him another glass when he gets home. I told him to drink, drink, drink!

Congrats! My DH generally ignores whatever I am doing regarding food and eats what I make him. I cannot imagine him doing a fast that was not directed by his doctor for tests or something.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Yeah. My DH would never be able to imagine a fast. He notices what I'm doing, and is (generally) happy to eat what I cook. He thinks I'm a bit quacky, but try hard to support whatever it is I'm doing at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Yeah. My DH would never be able to imagine a fast. He notices what I'm doing, and is (generally) happy to eat what I cook. He thinks I'm a bit quacky, but try hard to support whatever it is I'm doing at the moment
    ditto on the quacky part. DH just chalks most things up to my "artistic personality".

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I was bored... so I logged in on a Saturday. It likely won't happen too frequently - especially with race season coming up.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Eating just a little is TOUGH!

I'm not thrilled with it. But I will persevere. Here is my meager down day from yesterday:

Up at 5:30(restless sleep-good bye spring break)

10:45 1/2C yogurt mix

3:00 1/2C sauerkraut
    1/3 bratwurst

6:00 1/2C yogurt, dill, 1T home mayo, mustard
    an artichoke

9:00 coffee with splenda and milk

Water: 11 glasses
    Walking: 95"
    Pains: some

Bed at 10:30

Even with this small amount, I went over my calorie limit (542 instead of 420). SIRT1 is still supposed to be activated up to 50% of calories, so I am not worried about that. And I'm not a big fan of ONLY calorie reduction for weight loss. So I'm not sure why it bugs me so much that I went over, but it does. Oh, well, only one day.

The artichoke was a good way to enjoy savory yogurt, instead of sweet, but now that I read the reminders on pebbles thread, I am wondering if I should drop the stevia, too (NO!). Man, I am getting tired of yogurt. My new mantra: It's a medicine, not food. Just slug it down.

I woke with a headache this morning(very unusual). Wondering if it might have been the splenda in the coffee.
    Okay, got to zoom. Time to take Littlest to practice.