Page 217 of 416 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 4154

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 217

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am so envious of you getting a full day of sewing. I have always wanted to be able to do that but my life just isn't allowing it. Time for me to go on a retreat with my sewing machine!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday a friend and I were working on a group quilt for another friend who is moving away. Everyone in the group made blocks and signed them. We had our kids sign blocks, too, since it was a moms and tots group. Then the signatures were embroidered(I did lots of them, made me want to do embroidery again) and yesterday we starting setting the blocks with sashing. Got almost done before we gave out. We'll finish on Saturday.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Love it! What a terrific memory quilt. I love embroidery and haven't done it in far too long.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I am also envious of a whole day working on a project!

I was going to suggest you tell your friend you just aren't hungry when the lunch is served, but I see I'm too late. Looks like you didn't eat. What did you tell her?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I said I had been having digestive issues, and was fasting to give my system a rest. Also, that I had a doctor's appointment the next day. I guess the truth is always a good way to go. She was just sympathetic. No flack about how not eating is not good for you.

The doctor says...

The doctor(who is a doctor of osteopathy, not a naturopath- oops) says it is likely Irritable Bowel Syndrome. She thinks my theory of those three days of stressed, bad eating setting something off may be correct.

Blood and urine was taken to be tested, but for now she started me on a series of probiotics and directions to eat yogurt with live, active cultures once or twice a day. Also, no more fasting, as she wants my bowels to get something every day, not regular, then nothing. I feel alternate day fasting is likely good for me, but I am considering myself under orders right now. After all, why go to the doctor if you are not going to try what they say?

She did allay my fears, by telling me (at my request) the minor things it could be, so I could focus on the likelihood of it being one of those and not one of the big ones(cancer, exploding bowels, I don't know what all). And then, there's the tests, for infection, liver stuff, etc. But that can wait for results. Now that the blood is taken, I've DONE something.

Which means back to normal, or try the JUDDD in its presented form, 20% of calories on the down days. I thought maybe if I viewed the yogurt as medicinal, and had two half servings, that would give me food, but not make me feel like I am having 'restricted food'.

Or maybe I'll just eat every day. After all, I only investigated JUDDD because I was fasting alternate days to 'rest' my system.

But I am intrigued by the SIRT1 stuff. You know what a sucker I am for any kind of cell repair.

We'll see.
    Last edited by Sabine; 03-16-2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: clarity

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    My doctor is an osteopath too and she's awesome. Very into paleo and self-experimentation. I think you should try her suggestions and see if they work. If they do, then great. You can always go back to JUDDD once your gut is happy again. Good luck!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Jenn, what are you doing on the forum on a Saturday?!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Hi Sabine
    Just got caught up
    How are your pains today??
    Who's advice did you decide to follow?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Hi, Winencandy. Still having the pains. I'm taking the yogurt and probiotics as prescribed by my doctor. Yesterday should have been a fasting day, but I ate yogurt twice, and a cheese snack in the middle, to get the 20% of calories as suggested by JUDDD. It was HARD, much harder than fasting altogether. I will try it for another couple of times, at least. The pains seem SLIGHTLY less than before the probiotics/yogurt began, but not enough to say anything is happening. It might be my imagination/placebo/PMA. Trying to be patient.

Good to see you back and around on the forum.