Page 212 of 414 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 4132

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 212

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you, Siobhan.

At the moment, Chica is sitting on Littlest's stomach while she (Littlest) does her homework. She just had a dinner of leftover catfish fried in bacon grease. Life is good.

A while ago Littlest made a little book with inspirational quotes in it(illustrated) for a Girl Scout project. I have decided to make one for myself. The first quote, by Muhammad Ali, 'The will must be stronger than the skill', is superimposed over a hippo tossing her head back with a joyous spray of water. I love collecting quotes, and this seems like another fun way to enjoy them. Anyone have a favorite quote to share?

Keith577, it has been so long since I've had a spammer. I kind of like it.

Feeling pretty good this morning. I had a neck and foot massage yesterday, which in addition to feeling good at the time, seems to have worked out some kinks. I still feel a little achy, but markedly less so.

And the sashimi was delicious! However, my digestion system didn't take too kindly to it. Fifteen minutes are I stopped eating, I had a session of stomach rumbling, and then a whoosh! effect. Kept me from taking my walk until later in the day, as I didn't want to be caught off guard.

Here's how everything went:

Up at 5:15 (good sleep)

10:45 foot and neck massage

12:00 2 plates sashimi
    1/2C rice
    1/4C seaweed salad

6:30 1/2C greens gratin
    1 bratwurst
    1 bowl tomato-basil-cheese soup
    1 small chocolate bar
    1/2C pecans

Water: 11 glasses
    Walking: 60"
    Pains: somewhat throughout the morning, fewer in the evening

Bed at 10:00

Hmm, that dinner didn't seem big while I was eating it, but typing it in, it feels enormous. I purposely stayed up a little later last night. Did not feel tired at 9:00.

Today I am going to prep the rice to make sushi rolls for the girls' lunches tomorrow. This week is crab and eel. I think I will make some of my niwatori slaw, too, minus the chicken. That means toasting almonds and sesame seeds. Maybe I should do some extra and make primal granola. Must check the pantry and see if I've got everything.

Alert: spiritual talk ahead.

Yesterday I had a visit from an angel. That has never happened to me before that I was aware of, but this was definitely a message from God. I've felt God's presence before, and it was always a great experience, but this is the first time I've gotten a messenger. I feel much better about our money situation. I know it will work out now.

Okay, that's it. For spiritual talk, I mean.

I am going to try a modified JUDDD, which means fasting again today. If you are interested, there is a basic website (google Johnson Up DAY Down Day) where he gives the basic info, and also offers his book and a supplement for sale. I like that he tells you the premise, and offers a free calculator, so you can do the plan without buying anything, though I am sure there is worthwhile stuff in the book, too.

Up days are where you eat normally. He does offer a basic calorie limit, which for me is 2220 calories, but says mostly to just try to eat 'normally', as in, not gorging. Down days, you restrict yourself to no more that 20% of those calories (440).

He does not address types of food, but of course, I would be applying this to primal. And since I find fasting easier than restricting, my down days will be fasts, unless I have a social reason to eat, in which case I will try to be restrained (ha!). You can do two Up days in a row, but you should not do two Down days in a row.

I decided to try this because during the last week, I have had those pains. I feel certain that they are a result of the Girl Scout Cookie Incident of 2013. I want to give my system a rest, but with all the stress in my life lately, I don't feel up to a multi-day fast. And I wasn't going to start while I was travelling. So maybe a week or so of JUDDD might be a good thing. We'll see how it goes.

And let's face it, a one day fast usually feels like nothing to me now. I was very surprised day before yesterday when I had hunger pains. Makes me think that my system is definitely not cleared out yet. I was being as primal as possible on the college weekend, but I think there was something in the turkey tenderloin. It made me feel off in the night and the next morning. I am taking as my maxim that our body can heal itself of most things in three weeks, if we just get out of our own way. So by spring, I should be in fine fettle again!

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Fifteen minutes are I stopped eating, I had a session of stomach rumbling, and then a whoosh! effect.
    Wooosh! = Chocolate rain? Sounds like a crappy (excuse the pun) reaction. Seems odd that fish would do that... or did it come with a side of soy sauce? Mmm... even as a paleo I still love soy sauce... I'd try coconut amios but I can't find them round here.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

I do use a little soy sauce (about 1T). I'm not sure. I get this reaction with sushi/sashimi once in a while. Possibly a germ my body sees as dangerous? If so, I'm glad my immune system is being Johnny-on-the-spot. It is never painful, just urgent, so it doesn't bother me (mentally) too much. Please don't tell me if it should- I love sashimi and do not want to give it up. I did for the 9 months I was pregnant each time, and it was a real sacrifice.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Sabine, happy to see you're back! I missed you too .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Not surprised to see Chica is back with you. Apparently the two new puppies aren't enough to keep her home? Glad she's doing well.

Sorry the sushi caused so many problems for you. I hope it doesn't happen again.

I saw JUDDD mentioned in Tomi's journal and was interested in googling it but didn't know what it stood for. Thanks to you, I don't have to google it. I'm not exactly sure I'm interested in that. Pretty happy with the EMF.

Sorry you're still hurting but glad the money stress is going away.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Thank you, Siobhan.

At the moment, Chica is sitting on Littlest's stomach while she (Littlest) does her homework. She just had a dinner of leftover catfish fried in bacon grease. Life is good.

A while ago Littlest made a little book with inspirational quotes in it(illustrated) for a Girl Scout project. I have decided to make one for myself. The first quote, by Muhammad Ali, 'The will must be stronger than the skill', is superimposed over a hippo tossing her head back with a joyous spray of water. I love collecting quotes, and this seems like another fun way to enjoy them. Anyone have a favorite quote to share?
    One of my favorites came from Mother Teresa : God doesn't look at how much we do, but with how much love we do it.

(I had obvious help one day from an angel, ((no telling how many times we receive it unaware)); I fell to the ground, bawling. It was an awesome experience.)

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I have about a thousand quotations that I love. Here is one:

"To find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better...to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Another short post

These fasting days make for not a lot to say. Here was yesterday:

Up at 5:30 (good sleep)

Water: 11 glasses
    Walking: 60"
    Pains: throughout the day-worrying and trying not to worry

Bed at 9:30

I did not get hungry today until about 5:00, and talked myself out of having the small meal that is allowed on down days. I know it is easier for me to not eat, than eat a little. And sure enough, the desire passed after half an hour. Must be TrueHunger.

Then I had a small tiff with Honey, bringing on the desire for some emotional eating, but I squelched that with a bath instead.

To try and calm myself about the mystery pains, I have been thinking about a past experience, when I had this cold tightness in my throat. It was back in the glory days of having solid income and savings, so I went to the doctor, and he said, 'hmm, nothing that I can see, let's do some tests'. Costly tests were done, nothing was found, and I was told to not worry about it. Mystery never solved. I keep telling myself it may be something like that, and just relax, and give my body a few weeks to fix itself. Most small things apparently do resolve themselves in 3-4 weeks, with or without intervention. Our bodies know what they are doing, if we let them. Still, I wish it would STOP!

The kitchen is a WRECK this morning after not doing dishes yesterday, and just pushing everything aside this morning to make sushi rolls for the girls. I am going to spend the morning slowly cleaning up while listening to my favorite radio show. But first, a delicious breakfast of bacon, triclops, and greens. Mmm!