Page 207 of 435 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 4347

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 207

Sabine is offline Senior Member

A veil will be drawn over yesterday

Not because it was SO terrible (although ice cream was involved) but because I was so tired and draggy yesterday, that I didn't write things down(this may have made it easier for the second bowl of ice cream to happen).

But I am rested today(10 hours of sleep), and ready to get at it.

Staying home today(except for kid and husband[it is raining] driving duties) and cleaning my kitchen and living room, getting them in tip top shape for my absence this weekend. As you know, I am not a big fan of kitchen work, so this has meant being very strict with the, 'read one journal page, do one kitchen task' method of chore completion.

After my sojourn this weekend, I am planning on a new experiment: the Aldi plan.

I have not been doing the amount of walking I would like to. And I want to curtail my grocery spending for the next few months while I am trying to save up a cushion. I decided to merge these two desires and walk to the Aldi near us(one hour round trip) every day, with $10 to spend- that's it. Only exception will be the organic milk we like to drink that is not available there. Still, that should be a weekly budget of $81.

**pause for dishes**

I'm going to try it for two weeks and see how it goes towards both my goals. I really like having a goal for my walking- I don't care to just walk unless I am out in nature- and getting the day's food will be a very primal type of goal.

Rules:

I can save leftover money for the next day(s), but no buying in advance, even if there is a super-awesome-once-in-a-lifetime-deal.

I must walk, even if it is raining, or eat only what is on hand. No rolling over any money not spent because I stayed home due to weather avoidance. That money will go to Honey for revolting snacks of his choice (!) as a disincentive to me.

Sundries(soap, index cards, tp) are separate.

**pause for dishes**

I made the Brazilian cheese bread last night. I think I need to make 24 with the recipe, instead of 12, as the centers were rather gooey, but Honey LOVED them. He scarfed up 8 of them! I am giving them a second run tonight.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Brazilian cheese bread - do share this recipe!

I think you have a great plan for the grocery budget/walking plan. Great idea. I wish I had the time to do something like that. I should go back to Aldi again. There's really no difference between their frozen veggies and the frozen veggies at HyVee... same with fresh produce. It's all the same! A cauliflower is a cauliflower!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Siobhan has a link to the Brazilian Cheese Bread recipe on her journal. Page 208, Post # 2079.

Hangs her head because she still has not mastered links.

A VERY EXCITING letter for Middlest has arrived. Iam exercising great restraint in not ripping it open. I am certain it is good news. Eeeee!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the envelope! Can't wait to hear!

As you have figured out, to reduce the gummy centers you either need to make smaller rolls or make them thinner. I have found that you can make them very thin indeed and they come out fine. I would make lots of small ones if I were cooking for a crowd, otherwise I would probably talk myself into eating 15 of them at a sitting (but...but...they're so small...)
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    What do you use for cheese? What is farmer's cheese??
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

phigment is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I use the 2 parts coconut oil : 1 part chocolate ratio, first because that is what Winencandy said, and she must be obeyed in all matters candy. Second, because it makes me feel I am getting a fat-centric treat that tastes like chocolate, and not a chocolate treat that just happens to have some fat in it. Once they harden up in the fridge they are fine, although they do start melting in your fingers. The fix for that: pop them into your mouth right away!

Phigment, I know of no substitute for the coconut oil. Unless you just made a beautiful ganache and roll it in cocoa powder. Do you do dairy?
    In very small amounts. Alot will lead to congestion or wheezing.

phigment is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Butter would harden nicely.
    Would you melt the butter or mix it in while hardened.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'd melt it, mix it,and freeze it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I use the substitute of sour cream that Siobhan recommends, and 1/4 C of shredded parmesan.

The second batch this evening turned out better. We got 24 medium sized ones.