Page 206 of 416 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 4154

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 206

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank You, my Texas Tigress, for your concern.

I probably shouldn't post the things I do about my husband. The fact is, I'm in it for the long haul, so I need to deal with it, not complain about it. Maybe there is something wrong with me too that makes us a toxic combo. Or maybe Primal living has brought me out of the dark and I'm not willing to just take it anymore.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Primal living has brought me out of the dark and I'm not willing to just take it anymore.
    ^this^
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    You post all you want. It is good to vent. Just because he is ticking me off right now, doesn't mean I don't know that you love him and he has many good qualities. He's just being a ******** right now.

Texas Tigress. I like it!

And I agree with Honeybuns. And it will probably make your marriage stronger in the long run. It is just a pain on the way, I guess.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Oh! Coco-chocs! Little fat morsels of goodness.

Winencandy developed them. One part chocolate to two parts coconut oil. Melt together and pour into molds or little paper cups. A good way to get a bump of coconut oil. I started with all semi-sweet chocolate, but now I mix my chocolate 2 parts straight unsweetened baking chocolate to 1 part semi-sweet. I also have been adding chopped up macadamia nuts to mine lately. In the past, I have done little globs of almond butter in the centers: divine!
    I was going to ask if you thought these would work with unsweetened cocoa powder, but I see you answered that question later... I guess with that much fat, it shouldn't kill the macro percentages too badly to add semi-sweet chocolate - or maybe dark chocolate chips to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ulnauy View Post
    A while back I mixed up some shredded coconut with baking cocoa and it was tasty. I'm going to have to try making these coco-chocs someday.
    I was SOOO thinking this same thing!!

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyorange View Post
    Eww yuck
    Concur! Not a fan of the kale chips. I made them in the oven - they were done in a matter of minutes. I do dehydrate kale for winter soups, though.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Standing up for kale chips! (Waving arms madly) Love them!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Worried about SurferSon(Winencandy) and Pebbles, this morning, too. Looks like it is going to be a challenging day all around.

This is one of my favorite prayers. Seems like a good time to share it.

"Let there be peace on earth, through tolerance, understanding, compassion, and action. Amen."
    Aw, thanks Sabine

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    This is similar to the one I remember: Paleo Sushi rolls - Caveman Strong
    Many paleo sushi rolls use cauliflower instead of rice, but I am not a fan. The one above uses advocado.
    Thanks for the link, I may have to try that.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Oh! Coco-chocs! Little fat morsels of goodness.

Winencandy developed them. One part chocolate to two parts coconut oil. Melt together and pour into molds or little paper cups. A good way to get a bump of coconut oil. I started with all semi-sweet chocolate, but now I mix my chocolate 2 parts straight unsweetened baking chocolate to 1 part semi-sweet. I also have been adding chopped up macadamia nuts to mine lately. In the past, I have done little globs of almond butter in the centers: divine!
    These are going to be DAN-GER-OUS!! OMG. I made some tonight using 1:1 semi sweet chips:unrefined coconut oil, 1 cup pecans and 4 tbsp shredded coconut. Heaven in my mouth! I made 24 out of it and ate probably 4... Oy! Too tasty!

I did 1:1 b/c 1:2 chips:CO seemed to watery... is it really 1:2?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

phigment is offline Senior Member
    Can you think of a substitute for coconut oil. I know that using any other oil will not let them harden.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I use the 2 parts coconut oil : 1 part chocolate ratio, first because that is what Winencandy said, and she must be obeyed in all matters candy. Second, because it makes me feel I am getting a fat-centric treat that tastes like chocolate, and not a chocolate treat that just happens to have some fat in it. Once they harden up in the fridge they are fine, although they do start melting in your fingers. The fix for that: pop them into your mouth right away!

Phigment, I know of no substitute for the coconut oil. Unless you just made a beautiful ganache and roll it in cocoa powder. Do you do dairy?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Butter would harden nicely.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome