Page 205 of 416 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 4152

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 205

ulnauy is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    A while back I mixed up some shredded coconut with baking cocoa and it was tasty. I'm going to have to try making these coco-chocs someday.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yikes! Too hard-core. I will definitely be melting those down for a re-do.

Here was yesterday:

Up at 7:30

10:15 Cordon Bleu Casserole
    10 macadamias

2:30 Wreck Salad from Potbelly with
    double meat and cheese
    viniagrette
    2 sips of milkshake

5:15 slice of liverwurst

8:00 another slice of liverwurst

Water: 9 glasses

Bed at 9:30

I'm feeling pretty solid with my food right now, to the point that losing weight is becoming important to me again. No pains to cause me worry. But I don't want to work at it. I just want the weight to magically fall off. We'll see how long that lasts before I feel moved to do something a little more constructive, like check the calorie count and macros of what I am eating.

It doesn't take long at stasis for us to start looking around for another goal, does it? I guess that is both the strength and weakness of being human.

I got another chunk of my rug twined yesterday, after seeing 'Warm Bodies' with Littlest. It was good, but not great. We also went and picked up supplies for her Senior Girl Scout activities. And had lunch. Honey worked on stripping his new bike down to the bones, and then building it back up again.

My rug needs a few more shirts. I need to decide if I want to wait until I am refreshing my wardrobe, and can use the last few shirts I have in my closet that I will be getting rid of at a future point(not really- I like working on it) or if I will buy a few shirts from the thrift store, just for the purpose of cutting into strips. I look for the 99 cent shirts, so it is not a huge outlay, more the straying from the principle of using my own. But apparently, I did not have as many shirts as I thought. It is looking really good, with mixed solid and striped bands.

Hmmm, pretty sure I know what I'll be doing! But before I trudge down to the thrift store( walking: 40"!), I MUST do my tasks. The kitchen counter is looking sad. Ciao!

Just made kale chips in my dehydrator. They are great!! And they only take three hours, so they'll be easy to make of an afternoon.

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Just made kale chips in my dehydrator. They are great!! And they only take three hours, so they'll be easy to make of an afternoon.
    Eww yuck

What a night

Ugh. Woke up from a house-breaking dream at 1:30, just in time for Middlest to ALSO have a bad dream. I spent two hours in bed with her. Then back to my own bed, where I had unsatisfactory dozing, interrupted by one more bad dream from Middlest. Hit the snooze alarm when it went off, and am now trying to groggily pull myself together. Worried about SurferSon(Winencandy) and Pebbles, this morning, too. Looks like it is going to be a challenging day all around.

This is one of my favorite prayers. Seems like a good time to share it.

"Let there be peace on earth, through tolerance, understanding, compassion, and action. Amen."

Yesterday was strange, eating-wise:

Up at 8:00

10:30 Triclops
    1C greens gratin
    3/4 wurst
    1 coco-choc

throughout the afternoon:
    coco-chocs and kale chips

7:00 2 legs of rotisserie chicken
    2 slices swiss cheese
    large spoon of peanut butter

Water: 7 glasses
    Walking: 40"

Bed at 9:30

I wasn't physically hungry yesterday afternoon, but had a desire to eat for something to do. Snacked. Tried to correct the situation with a 'real meal', but seemed to just set off a desire to stuff my face. Managed to stop after the peanut butter. I'm going to call peanut butter part of my 20% and say I stayed primal, just not a very enlightened primal. Don't eat from boredom, woman. Do something interesting!

I DID get packed for my retreat and worked on my rug. And ordered Sushi-eze off the internet. I'm going to make sushi rolls for the girls' lunches when it gets here. I also think it will be interesting to see how little rice I can use in a roll, and still have it hold together, for me.

I guess that's what I get for thinking and saying that my food felt under control. Reset!

I don't know if it is within forum etiquette to complain about someone else's husband on your page, but I am annoyed with Pebbles' husband. I know we all have our moments of being jerks, but his passive-aggressiveness pisses me off! It is weird how people react so differently. Things that I think would make a husband take care to be extra sweet to his wife, he takes as reason(conscious or not) to mess her around. What's up with that?!? I just hope she can deal with him without sacrificing her well-being. 'Cause too often it seems like that is the first thing to go in marital discord. Sigh.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    I don't know if it is within forum etiquette to complain about someone else's husband on your page, but I am annoyed with Pebbles' husband. I know we all have our moments of being jerks, but his passive-aggressiveness pisses me off!
    You and me both. Passive-aggression in general drives me nuts. I have no patience for it, and while I may expect if from a 5 year old it is embarrassing to read about a grown-ass man doing it.

As for sushi, I recall seeing a recipe somewhere for sushi that had no rice at all - it was held together with the outer seaweed layer. I will have to see if I can find it when I get home.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    As for sushi, I recall seeing a recipe somewhere for sushi that had no rice at all - it was held together with the outer seaweed layer. I will have to see if I can find it when I get home.
    Ooh! Please do.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Ooh! Please do.
    This is similar to the one I remember: Paleo Sushi rolls - Caveman Strong

Many paleo sushi rolls use cauliflower instead of rice, but I am not a fan. The one above uses advocado. I will look for the other when I get off work.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Sabine, you might try a hand roll. Roll the nori up like an ice cream cone and use a grin of rice on top and bottom to hold it's shape. Fill with meat and veggies and omnomnom.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Well, that looks pretty tasty. I might get adventurous!