Page 204 of 421 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 4205

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 204

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    The thought of doing my taxes makes me feel nauseated, but I had better get it done. I am brave cavewoman, I can face anything!
    I don't touch the taxes! The thought sends me running for cover! I am NOT that brave

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    One of Middlest's pieces was being displayed there as part of the Young Masters series. We are so proud of her
    Awesome!

By the way, I do not like liver pate. I do not like it hot, I do not like it cold. I do not like it on toast, or one week old. (Just kidding- I didn't have toast.)
    lmao!

Now I am trying to decide which of my chores I need to tackle first, and not feeling very enthusiastic about any of them. What I really want to do is twine my rug and watch the ending of 'Alias'. Oh well, better go be a grown up first!
    Do it

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Wait, wait, wait. There is a book? Really? If only there was a big link to buy it in the upper right hand corner of the header of the forums. Maybe Mark could call it something catchy like...hmm...I don't know, maybe something with 'Blueprint' in the title.
    Hahahahahaha!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

ulnauy is offline Member
    what is a coco-choc?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Oh! Coco-chocs! Little fat morsels of goodness.

Winencandy developed them. One part chocolate to two parts coconut oil. Melt together and pour into molds or little paper cups. A good way to get a bump of coconut oil. I started with all semi-sweet chocolate, but now I mix my chocolate 2 parts straight unsweetened baking chocolate to 1 part semi-sweet. I also have been adding chopped up macadamia nuts to mine lately. In the past, I have done little globs of almond butter in the centers: divine!

Mostly grown up

I did almost all of my chores. Only clearing the papers off the counter left. I think that's pretty good. Plus, I did some walking, which wasn't even on the list! One bacon point awarded. No twining was done, though.

Rather vexing conversation with my Honey this morning. We just think differently about some things. I will NOT eat for stress relief. The possible future problem will not be any easier to deal with if I am fatter and feeling like crap.

Here's what I did yesterday:

Up at 5:45

9:45 catfish fried in
    coconut oil
    1C greens gratin
    artichoke mayo
    1 coco-choc

2:00 Cordon Bleu Chicken Casserole
    2 coco-chocs

6:30 chicken fajita meat
    sour cream
    cheddar-lots!
    salsa
    1/2C blackberries

Water: 9 glasses
    Walking: 35"

Bed at 9:30

The chicken meat was from one of those pre-marinated packs, and it tasted decidedly chemically to me. Guess it is time to strike that from our shopping list, and make my own. I meant to have 3 coco-chocs with breakfast, but after ten minutes of waiting, I decided one would do.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    "The possible future problem will not be any easier to deal with if I am fatter and feeling like crap."

I have been telling myself ^this a lot lately. Sounds like you have it under control, lady. Keep taking care of yourself.

Thanks, Pebbles. I sure am trying.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Good for you Sabine - "The possible future problem will not be any easier to deal with if I am fatter and feeling like crap." That little line has so much to it doesn't it?! I say it all the time but it doesn't seem to prevent me from grabbing the chocolate or nuts ... hopefully you will inspire me to be grownup today and do what is going to feel awesome - in the long run! Long term goals not immediate gratification .....
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

ulnauy is offline Member
    Oh! Coco-chocs! Little fat morsels of goodness.

Winencandy developed them. One part chocolate to two parts coconut oil. Melt together and pour into molds or little paper cups. A good way to get a bump of coconut oil. I started with all semi-sweet chocolate, but now I mix my chocolate 2 parts straight unsweetened baking chocolate to 1 part semi-sweet. I also have been adding chopped up macadamia nuts to mine lately. In the past, I have done little globs of almond butter in the centers: divine!
    That sounds yummy.

Yes, and you know, the discussion was about a long-term goal versus immediate gratification in real life.

I would be a hypocrite if I advocated for the long-term goal there, and then, when it was denied, immediately crammed myself with some immediate gratification! I think it will help me, if I keep that in mind. There's nothing like a smug sense of moral superiority to make it easier to stick to a course of action.

I am making some coco-chocs using ONLY unsweetened baking chocolate. After I poured the mix into the cups, I took a swipe of the plain mixture. YOWZA! We'll see how it takes in solid form. The good part: if it is a fail, I can melt it down and just add some semi-sweet.