Page 203 of 415 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 4147

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 203

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    We all slip occasionally. It's easy to do when we've restrained ourselves so intensly. Next time, just eat the roll.

*that is assuming it's not a bread roll and instead a sushi roll.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yes, most decidedly a sushi roll!

I'm thinking creme brulee instead of the roll, though. You know, for the fat!

Really?!?

I know we are all idiots sometimes, but what the heck! Do people even read the book? Do they know what primal is before they start? Or even a couple months after they start? I mean....I can't even say what I mean without being offensive.

Just....really?

*I need to stop reading some threads, I guess. They get me all het up.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I get the same feeling sometimes! People get weird ideas about what primal means, or what 80/20 means, or who knows what goes on in their heads. I find my self typing out replies and then deleting them, luckily. Otherwise I'd probably get banned.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Sabine, it sounds as though you are doing really well! I am proud of you - I haven't had time to read anyone's journal for ages. Hoping to keep up again ....
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Food talk

I have beef stock bubbling away, and strawberries drying in the dehydrator, and plans to make up a new batch of greens gratin today. Plus patties for the dogs. They had rib bones to chew on yesterday, and were very happy about it. I bought some sweetbreads yesterday, to have this weekend, and I'll be throwing some of them into the patties, instead of liver. They are benefitting from this 'more organs' kick as well.

By the way, I do not like liver pate. I do not like it hot, I do not like it cold. I do not like it on toast, or one week old. (Just kidding- I didn't have toast.) I will have to find some other way to sneak liver into me. Rumaki will be my next attempt.

I made the Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole yesterday, which was good, and fun to make (great sauce) but not as amazing as I expected from the comments. Just a good, basic casserole. I will definitely make it again, just not right away.

My food plans for my retreat next weekend are solidifying. To share, I am bringing: meatballs with a primal dipping sauce, greens gratin, devilled eggs, and a cheese plate. For myself alone I am bringing extra eggs so I can have my Triclops, coco-chocs with macadamias, and liverwurst. When we go out, I will have fish or steak, and salad. I may bring along my own blue cheese dressing. I am NOT bringing chocolates for 'snacking' or 'treating myself'. The retreat is the treat. If I need a mental break, I will take a walk around the block, or go upstairs to do some dry skin brushing. I will NOT mindlessly shovel chocolate into my mouth.

Yesterday worked out pretty well. I had a slight desire to eat something in the afternoon, but it was brought on by cooking the sauce for CCBC and taste testing, and I was able to recognize it for what it was, and just wait for dinner.

Up at 5:00

12:00 Triclops
    1C greens gratin
    1 wurst
    2 coco-chocs

5:45 Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole with
    chicken, ham, cheeses, cauliflower, cream, onion, mushrooms
    1/2C cucumber salad
    1/2C sliced strawberries

Water: 11 glasses
    Walking: nope

Bed at 10:30

Now I am trying to decide which of my chores I need to tackle first, and not feeling very enthusiastic about any of them. What I really want to do is twine my rug and watch the ending of 'Alias'. Oh well, better go be a grown up first!

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    ... I find my self typing out replies and then deleting them, luckily. Otherwise I'd probably get banned.
    I do this, too. I always try to ask myself, 'is this helpful in any way besides relieving your feelings?' Too often, the answer is 'no'. Of course, every one slips sometimes!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Do people even read the book?
    Wait, wait, wait. There is a book? Really? If only there was a big link to buy it in the upper right hand corner of the header of the forums. Maybe Mark could call it something catchy like...hmm...I don't know, maybe something with 'Blueprint' in the title.

Oh, and if you don't want to say offensive things here, stop by my journal where being offensive is encouraged
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Heeheehhee!

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Nice page to read today I sort of feel the same way with my mom.

A retreat sounds like a great idea. I'm pretty certain that with the way things are about to get at work that I'm going to need one soon.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8