Page 202 of 435 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 4347

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 202

Sabine is offline Senior Member

February Fast Done

And boy, did it feel short. It WAS shorter than my others, but still 72 hours. Don't know why it felt so quick. Maybe because I ended with a huge, honking dinner!

Here's how it went:

Up at 7:00

3:00 40" walk (actually FELT like walking! Amazing!)

6:30 beef patty with
    cheese
    4 slices bacon
    grilled mushrooms and onions
    tomato slice and pickle slices

7:30 sweet potato fries with
    ketchup

8:30 queso

Water: 16 glasses

Bed at 11:00

The sweet potatoes were a mistake, physically. I felt sort of off after eating them. But, I enjoyed the taste very much. The queso I ate with a spoon. A little too salty, so I didn't have as much as I planned, but the venue was dark, so I couldn't really see how much I DID have. All I know is, there was still quite a glob left in the bowl. No spoon-clinking.

My stomach recovered from the sweet potatoes quickly, and felt moderately full and happy at the end of the evening, not over-stuffed.

Boy, was that game exciting. I am a Niners' fan, so I'm a little disappointed with the result, but you can't fault it for suspense and action. Except for the power-failure delay. Boring as could be. Why didn't they show us the cheerleaders doing some routines? We saw a bit of it over the announcers' shoulders, but they missed an opportunity there.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Great job on your fast. I'm not sure I could do a fast. Until I can, I will live vicariously through you. Have fun with your money club today!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

After effects of the fast

It took me quite a while to get hungry yesterday, and I can't say I really was for dinner. But I ate it anyways. It smelled delicious, and I wanted to eat.

Funny how strong the emotional component of eating it. You would think being physical creatures, that the physical sensations of feeding our bodies would be paramount. And maybe there is some of that wrapped up in desire for taste. But last night, really, I just wanted the FUN of eating, sitting with my family, talking, good smells, tastes, and textures. I was not hungry at all. Which made it hard to know when to stop, but I did my best to eat moderately. There was no 'stuffed' sensation at the end.

Here's how it went:

Up at 5:30

11:30 8oz lox
    3oz cream cheese
    capers
    (wanted a slice of swedish cheese, too, but I was too full)

7:00 ground beef cooked with
    onions and red peppers
    italian sausage
    marinara
    1C cucumber salad made with
    sour cream and plenty of dill
    2 coco-chocs to raise my fat count

Water: 13 glasses
    Walking: not really

Bed at 8:30

Today I am filling out my taxes. I will try to avoid stress eating because of it.
    Last edited by Sabine; 02-05-2013 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Today I am filling out my taxes. I will try to avoid stress eating because of it.
    I hate taxes. They make my heart pound and race at the same time.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    The thought of doing my taxes makes me feel nauseated, but I had better get it done. I am brave cavewoman, I can face anything!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I'm already done. I have a system: it takes me less than an hour. (Applause!) Honey will sign the form tonight, and tomorrow I will make copies and mail it. Next challenge: the FAFSA!

Oh you do yours manually? I use the online tax program at HR Block. Gotta wait for another form to be published before I can finish ours. I think it has something to do with our business office being in our home and mortgage interest... as that screen is the first screen I saw the form number on as a "reminder" to fill out.

Not enough water yesterday: I woke up PARCHED! Must get more today.

Lat night we went with Middlest and Littlest to the Dallas Museum of Art. One of Middlest's pieces was being displayed there as part of the Young Masters series. We are so proud of her, and it was neat to see the fantastic things that these teenagers come up with. Aside from hers my favorite was an applique piece depicting a brain slice done in hexagons. Incredible!

Very aggravating internet problems when we got home. I think the time has come to switch providers. But it is such a hassle. Gripe, groan, grumble!

Here was the food last night. As you can see, we went out to dinner after the museum for a celebration, but I feel good about what I ate and the amount. Everyone else was groaning that they were stuffed, but my tummy was happy.

Up at 5:30

9:00 Triclops on top of
    meat-sausage marinara leftovers

1:00 more meat-sausage marinara
    3 coco-chocs

4:00 clouds

5:30 cheese plate- parmesan, blue, havarti
    NO COOKIES, NO SANDWICHES, NO ARTISAN CRACKERS, NO FRUIT!

8:00 shrimp and crawfish cheese fondue with spinach and mushrooms
    2 spoons of whipped cream and a glazed pecan
    NO GARLIC BREADS, NO CHEESECAKE!

Water: 11 glasses
    Walking: 20"

Bed at 10:00

Lunch for the girls today is super easy: delicious leftovers from dinner. Even though they were all groaning about eating too much, they ate far less than we used to at that restaurant. The girls split a plate and still had leftovers, and we didn't even finish a dessert between the four of us. They had eaten some snacks at the showing(mostly primal- I am rubbing off on them).

Honey was not so lucky. He had a LOT of starches, and ended up with heartburn from that and the late eating. Eventually it may get bad enough that he decides to cut back on the bread, but I am not holding my breath. I can't change him- he can only change himself. It is funny what we will each put up with, to cling to our ways. For me, the heartburn was just too scary. Any time I slip and eat poorly enough to get it again, it pulls me up short. And I have kept myself from going overboard sometimes by thinking, I don't want to stress my pancreas or get heartburn.

Hmmm, I guess I AM getting better at this!

I'm so pleased for Pebbles this morning, that she has gone 21 days without a binge. And so proud of her, because they were not all easy days, and she still did it! The woman has some serious chops!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I'm so pleased for Pebbles this morning, that she has gone 21 days without a binge. And so proud of her, because they were not all easy days, and she still did it! The woman has some serious chops!
    Agreed!

How exciting for your daughter to have art work on display! What kind of piece did she make?

A sad situation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I went out to lunch yesterday. Sashimi, naturally. Really restrained my self on the rolls, so that I was basically having just fish with a smidge of veg and rice. REALLY a smidge. And two hours later, I was trolling for food. It did NOT satisfy me.

Maybe I should have had the creme brulee!

So it was a bipolar kind of day. First perfect, then...whoops!

Up at 5:00

8:00 triclops on
    1C greens gratin with
    1 wurst

1:00 1 1/2 plates sashimi
    1C seaweed salad
    1/4 or less of rice

3:45 2 coco-chocs

4:15 vanilla cream

4:45 cheese

5:00 cucumber and sour cream salad

8:00 big spoon of PEANUT BUTTER!