Page 201 of 415 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 4147

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 201

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have a little nagging hunger. Trying to ignore it. This is not facilitated by looking at pictures of Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Okay, here's the douche story.

Years ago a friend of mine from France came to visit, and we went to Daytona Beach. She had heard about it and wanted to go there. We stayed at a really cheap hotel, and we had to ask to get the hot water turned on when we wanted to shower. It wasn't really a big deal though - if you've been to Florida at certain times of the year you probably know that hot water isn't really necessary! But we would take showers one of us after the other to simplify things.

So - we're on this crowded beach and she got up to go back to the hotel. She was about 20 feet away when she turned around and shouted, "Siobhan, I'm going to have a douche, do you want one too?"
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    LOL that is great

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    hahaha I assume douche in French is shower??? My husband works for a well known body wash manufacturer (perhaps you've heard of Olay body wash?? He works for their manufacturer) and on the bottles of Old Spice they also make, it says "gel douche". He says when they inspect the bottles for QA, the person reading the label tries to say it with a French accent and always says it about as loudly as they can. Silly men.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Another short day

Here's what I did:

Up at 6:00

7:30 massage

10:00 dry skin brushing

3:00 detox bath

Water: 15 glasses

Bed at 8:30

The fast thread this time is rather a bust. Not many people posting. Perhaps my star complaints were bad karma. However, as the internet has been dicky at our house, I haven't been able to get on very often to see the lack. I guess it all works out.

I am feeling pretty good this morning. Physically I am certain I can go another day or more. Socially, I may want to eat some Super Bowl foods. If not, I know I will want to eat with my friends tomorrow morning when we meet for our Money Goals Support Group. That will be at 11:30, so 89 hours of not eating. I consider that very respectable. And it is even closer to the first 'official' optimal window for auto-phagy than the four days(96 hours) I consider MY optimal time.

Disclaimer: I base this not on science, but my own personal feelings, so don't take me as any kind of guide! I just feel that I need to be HUNGRY at some point for the auto-phagy to be kicking in. Not continuously hungry, but some kind of hungry, and then have my body switch over to house-cleaning and working out of fat stores. Also, I have this feeling that my liver is a top-notch glco storer, and it needs some extra time to clear out.

I used my new dehydrator(Christmas money!) to do apples, which were a big hit with the family. They smelled delicious. Now I am trying out banana chips. I have plans for growing herbs in the garden this season, and drying any extras.

Right now the Super Bowl plan is a local bar, and me drinking plenty of iced tea while Honey eats whatever. But if we get a last minute home invite, I am going to make bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers for my Honey. I KNOW I won't be eating any of those (spice wimp). And possibly nachos for bringing along. Those will be harder to avoid, unless I do them on chips, and with beans. The next time I make them for ME, I am going to do mini-bacon weaves for the base. Those Bacon nachos were good, but too small. I will cut the bacon strips into thirds, and weave them 2 by 2, for a more sizeable base. Then top with fajita meat, cheese, olives, salsa. Once they come out from the oven, a little sour cream or guacamole. Mmmm. That will be nice.

Well, I guess this isn't such a short post, after all. Count on food talk to add volume!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Your bacon weave nachos, OMG, very nice, indeed~
    Gotta make those SOON.
    You have great willpower, congrats on your fast.

Our plans are now to go to the local Studio Movie Grill and watch the game on the big screen. I decided I will break my fast at 6:30, which will be 72 hours, very respectable. Probably with a bunless burger with guacamole and bacon. Yum!

But after thinking about the nachos, I am pretty sure they will make an appearance on our dinner table within the week. If only to try out the mini-weave idea(yeah, right!).

Thanks for the compliment. I don't know that I DO have willpower, though. The fasting is pretty easy. It is limiting myself but still eating that is hard, and I have not had much success with that. But I will keep trying. And, you may have noticed that I am going to eat for the Super Bowl! I decided I wanted to participate with some fun food, so I'm going to! And ever since I decided to eat today, I have been wanting to eat NOW! Hmmm...maybe I DO have willpower. Or won'tpower, since I've been wanting to, but haven't yet. I am holding out for some food not prepared by me and brought to me that I don't even have to clean up after! Score!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    The next time I make them for ME, I am going to do mini-bacon weaves for the base. Those Bacon nachos were good, but too small. I will cut the bacon strips into thirds, and weave them 2 by 2, for a more sizeable base. Then top with fajita meat, cheese, olives, salsa. Once they come out from the oven, a little sour cream or guacamole. Mmmm. That will be nice.
    Ooh, that sounds awesome!

So the Super Bowl is on here. I saw the 1/2 time show, the 11 second touchdown (well, I watched the replay) and the light failure.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I just forgot I was going to fast LOL, but I am now Will go for 48 hours for now I think but will see how I feel.