Page 200 of 397 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 3964

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 200

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have no idea where the usage of douche came from... but I know I use it occasionally. Not sure why. *shrug* I'm a lemming, I suppose.

Great job with the projects!

Glad Chica is back with you - where she obviously belongs. If you love something, set it free... if it comes back, it's yours, right?

Good luck with the fast. Tough weekend to fast, but I'm sure you'll do just fine. And as long as others in your "party" are buying stuff at your table, you have no obligation to make any purchases beyond your tea. The server will probably have no clue that you aren't eating anyway b/c she'll be swamped taking care of other tables as well. Have fun!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    February projects will be more of the same, with a little heavier emphasis on building things, and maybe even some garden prep thrown in. I will be attempting a piece of stunt gardening this year that definitely qualifies as a project!

The best thing about starting your fast after dinner, is that by the time you wake up, you are already 12 hours in.

Okay, I started a new February Fast thread, for those who are interested. A few others are joining in. Our posts are completely ordinary, and there are only two pages, and yet we have stars. How the heck does that happen? I mean, I know how it happens, but who is starring that thread, and why? A useful thread to me, but not star-worthy, I'm thinking. And I thought several people needed to star something before they showed up. There's only four or five people joining in, so how did we get enough people starring it?

I'm just confused. Do stars mean something different than I thought? Are people using them as a sorting tool, so the threads they choose will show up on the top of a search? Oh, internet, how you confound me.

I think probably someone that is participating in the thread starred it. I don't think there is any qualifications for starring... my journal is starred now... *shrug*

As a test, I just 5 starred a thread that had no stars... it now has 5 stars...

Oh, I thought several people had to star it before it got stars. If one is all it takes, that explains it. I guess.

And I understand why YOUR journal has stars. I star something if it is a good read and/or has good information.

Well, thanks!

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    My journal is starred - thanks to whoever did it. Of course I think I deserve all of those stars!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Oh, and I have a 'douche' story to tell at some point if anyone is interested.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Tell it, girl

Yes, let's hear it, Siobhan. No teasing allowed: you've got to come across on this journal!

Due to the fast, I have only a short post:

Up at 5:30

Water: 15 glasses
    Walking: nope

Bed at 12:00 midnight!

Had to drive Littlest and cohorts back from a party. Rather stressful, as I was driving an unfamiliar vehicle on country roads, but I made it. Then I had to get up at 6:00 this morning, to take her to a school event, so I think it will be an early night for me tonight. I was unable to go back to sleep, in spite of Honey's best efforts. But...I AM relaxed.

Little hunger yesterday, though I did think 'I better eat something', just out of habit. One thing for fasting: it really does make you realize how much of your eating is from non-hunger issues: habit, stress, emotion, pleasure.