Page 199 of 418 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 4174

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 199

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    At least they are little dogs! But I am guessing you are going to have them. And he may be planning on selling the puppies - he'll let you raise them and then sell them. Gee, aren't I a ray of sunshine?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    And here I thought Shih-Tzus were bigger dogs, and I wouldn't have to worry about them getting out of the fence where Chica does. But no, my Honey, and now Siobhan, tell me they are small. Yikes!

Okay, on with other matters. Here's how yesterday went down:

Up at 5:30

7:15 1C greens gratin
    1 bratwurst
    1 egg + 2 yolks(I have decided I will call this Triclops) fried in
    butter

12:45 1 1/2 plates sashimi
    seaweed salad
    too much rice

4:00 2 coco-chocs, 2 clouds

8:00 bites of steak
    an apple

Walking: 60"
    Water: 10 glasses

Bed at 9:30

I had a headache in the afternoon, a result of the too much rice, followed by sweets, I am certain. Must restrain myself on the rice. (Notice I say nothing about cutting back on coco-chocs and clouds!) It can set me off on the munchies, I think. But, knock on wood, I believe I have broken myself of the automatic creme brulee habit. I thought about it yesterday, but not very hard.

I'm planning an at home day today, with work on projects and plenty of lounging. Tomorrow I begin my February fast. I had thought about maybe putting it off until Saturday. I have my regular monthly meeting with friends tomorrow, and I do NOT want to tell them I am fasting. I decided, though, to go with the Little White Lie. I'll tell the I have begun my Period(I have) and the cramps are bothering me(they are not) so I just feel like sipping some tea(I won't really, I am not a big evening tea person).

Yes, this is not being my Higher Self. That is the way it is going to be, though. I am not up for facing a lot of CW talk. Or even explaining autophagy. I just want to talk friend-talk.

I have yet to decide what I will be doing on Super Bowl Sunday. Break the fast, or no? Two days seems kind of skimpy. I am leaning towards barreling through it, but making snacks for others seems a bit rough in that case. Days to decide, though. And we still don't even HAVE a place to go watch it. None of my friends are remembering my tv-less state and stepping up. We might end up at a BAR! In which case I will be having iced tea, and forcing Honey to eat Buffalo Wings. Not too appealing.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I like your bracelet, Winencandy. Does it deflect bullets, too?
    Yes. It does. Except Dragon bullets. Doesn't work for those.

Now I need to find some Marsala wine, for the next recipe. I have no idea what I can substitute, should my efforts be unsuccessful. No luck so far at the two stores I usually go to. Perhaps I should consult Winencandy. I do still have that leftover white stuff...hmmm...went to look at the label... it is Pinot Grigio. Need to look these up, and see if they are in the same ballpark.
    HA! I substituted a Pinot Grigio for Sherry in my soup the other day. I'm probably NOT the person to ask!
    Um, I'm a relatively beginner wine "connoisseur" , 2 years ago, my idea of a good wine was one of those super sweet fruity wines...From the little I understand, there is both a sweet and a dry Marsala. Which one does the recipe call for? I would think they would give you two different tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I always get a little sad when Chica's family comes back for her. Why don't they just leave her with you?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Why on earth would such a person get two new puppies?
    +148596593
    Some people should not be allowed to have pets

As to that, I'm wondering how she will do going back to kibble. I feed her raw food when she is over here, as I do our dogs, and she LOVES it. The dachshunds won't even touch the occasional dog biscuit they are offered (at the vet and the bank drive-thru) but Chica still enjoys them, so I guess she'll be able to switch back. Right?
    I bet she'll be back over for her raw!

I am not up for facing a lot of CW talk.

I have yet to decide what I will be doing on Super Bowl Sunday. Break the fast, or no? Two days seems kind of skimpy. I am leaning towards barreling through it, but making snacks for others seems a bit rough in that case. Days to decide, though. And we still don't even HAVE a place to go watch it. None of my friends are remembering my tv-less state and stepping up. We might end up at a BAR! In which case I will be having iced tea, and forcing Honey to eat Buffalo Wings. Not too appealing.
    I'd do/say whatever I needed to to avoid the CW lecture too. (there's a LOT of to's in that sentence!)

A place to watch the Superbowl? Is that on this weekend? For Americans, is that something like how (most) Canadian's feel about the Stanley Cup?? Totally off my radar, I am not a pro sports fan.

But I hope you find a place to watch it.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    As to that, I'm wondering how she will do going back to kibble. I feed her raw food when she is over here, as I do our dogs, and she LOVES it. The dachshunds won't even touch the occasional dog biscuit they are offered (at the vet and the bank drive-thru) but Chica still enjoys them, so I guess she'll be able to switch back. Right?
    B/c I'm a passive agressive secretly vindictive person, I am going to hope the kibble disagrees with her tummy and she craps all over the house, they throw her out and she comes back to you.

And because she craps in their house and it's gross and they never want to clean it up again, they let you keep her.

As for the Shiz tsus, they're about 12 lbers. And I feel badly for the neglected life they'll have as they grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    A place to watch the Superbowl? Is that on this weekend? For Americans, is that something like how (most) Canadian's feel about the Stanley Cup?? Totally off my radar, I am not a pro sports fan.

But I hope you find a place to watch it.
    Yes. And I hope you find a place to watch too... no tv? I couldn't fathom that.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I just want her to be happy and safe OVER THERE. She's sweet, but I took her in because she needed a safe spot, not because I had a yen for another dog. Salem and Chloe are just right for me.

I remember when I first asked if she could just 'hang out with us when she comes over', I sort of assumed that this would shame them into TAKING PROPER CARE OF THEIR DOG. I was sort of astounded at how long they went without coming over for her.

Now, when they come for her, I don't want to let her go, because I've become attached, but the ideal would be them stepping up and not letting her run wild in the street.

I saw her scampering with the new dogs today, and she seemed to enjoy pouncing on them, but she was very excited when she saw us on the other side of the fence.

Ah, well...

Getting ready for my fast tomorrow by finishing off the carnitas for dinner tonight.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck on your fast.

And...

...she's back. About 30 hours that time. We'll see how long before he notices she's not around. Salem and Chloe alerted us to the fact that she was at the door, and seemed excited to have her come in. Of course, it wasn't long before Chloe felt the need to snap at Chica, to show her who had lap rights.

My plan for the fast is drink plenty of water with lemon and salt added, throw in a little tea, and do some dry skin brushing, baths, and extra walking (hahaha!). Okay, maybe not the walking.

My challenges will be meeting with my friends on Friday night (strategy: lie) and the Super Bowl. If we end up at someone's home, the only difficulty will be temptation, but if we go to a bar, I will feel the social pressure to buy things while we are there, so I am not a complete freeloader. There's a limit to how much iced tea I can drink I suppose the waitstaff won't care, as long as I keep tipping, but the house deserves some return on my seat.

A side note: I find the use of 'douche' as an insult tedious. As well as having misogynistic overtones. (I confess, I am assuming that most people who are using the term, are not using the European version [shower] but rather the American/English one.) Are people ever referred to as enemas? Neti pots? Perhaps, but I haven't run across it.

No, it is only when the item in question is used in regards to a FEMININE function, that it is considered an insult. And why? Considering the inside of a woman is where most men aspire to get to, what makes anything associated with it so appalling? Like the term 'p****-whipped'. (I hope this is not a banning term on the forum. Hmm, better use some asterisks.) When you think about what that would mean in literal terms, well, most men would LOVE for that to happen to them.

Is it because it is degrading to have to clean something? Well, for one thing, the vagina is a self-cleaning organ. So a douche is really only a medical or social construct. If medical, well, doctors are supposed to be high status. Shouldn't medical equipment get some of the same cachet? Social? I am tired of society telling us that normal smells are unacceptable. Would it be as much of an insult to call someone 'deodorant'? I think that kind of odor is much more noticeable in general company.

As you may be able to tell, I clicked on the Ashton Kutchner thread. I have no opinion on AK's general character. But if you feel the need to insult him, how about being a little more creative? Or aware of what you are really saying.

That is all.

Fasting today

But there's still yesterday to report on.

Here's what happened:

Up at 5:30

8:00 1C greens gratin
    quiche

1:00 pork chop
    2C broccoli with feta, olives, red peppers, and onions
    2 coco-chocs

more coco-chocs and clouds
    grapes !

6:30 pork carnitas
    sour cream
    salsa
    1/2C vanilla ice cream (the good stuff)

Water: 8 glasses
    Walking: no

Bed at 11:30 and not much good rest for the first hours, as I was sitting up with Littlest, who felt ill. I am having her skip track practice this morning, at the least. We'll see how she feels later in the morning. I hope better, because she has a party she wants to go to tonight. And an activity tomorrow. Poor nugget.

The consumption plan for today is electrolyte water, regular water, and tea. A cup of Kill Everything to start the day, a cup of Detox stuff mid-day, and my regular Good Earth Original Sweet and Spicy to end the evening. These will be my treats.

I am excited to read the start of the February EMF thread. I want to see all the pertinent info consolidated. I've gotten a lot from the January thread, but it sure has grown to be a monster. Thanks, Pebbles, for doing a starting post with all the pertinent info.

Project update

I kept my resolution for finishing projects the whole month of January. I am pretty pleased with myself. I think having the one day per week off helps, but I even did some extra!

Rounding out the month:
    Embroidered a block.
    Bought fabric, prepped it, and cut strips for 4 blocks.
    Made a draft sausage for the water heater closet.
    Sewed the 4 blocks for the gift quilt.
    Put darts in Middlest's skirt AND embroidered a block.
    Embroidered 3 blocks!
    Put up a shelf for towels in the bathroom.
    Tossed old ornaments.
    Tossed old car papers.
    Outline quilting on a mini-quilt.

For the month I did 29 projects in 31 days.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    You're projects are impressive! My goals tend to be more like........... clear off the dining room table of the bills and papers so we can eat there!

I do have other projects happening as well........... currently sanding and staining the newly installed moulding around new front door and bay window. Next project........... paint livingroom/dining room and sew new pillows for new furniture - and matching chair covers and window seat cushion to match pillows - and paint. HGTV diva's where are you????

Nice going on the resolution! Whats up for February?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.