Page 195 of 417 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 4170

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 195

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I hate it when I lose my computer to a school project.

Consider the wagon "slip" a reminder of how bad it makes you feel. Hopefully you will remember and their won't be a next time.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Spambots go home! Or to somewhere else starting with an H.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Candy in Wonderland is online now Senior Member
    Wow Sabine, the spammers really like your journal!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Sabine, you can easily get back on track. My God YOU are the woman who does 4 day fasts. I bow to your power and stamina.

Sabine is offline Senior Member

I can't leave this place for a minute!

I completely missed the spambots. Were they any good?

Power and stamina...how nice it would be. Fasts are easier for me in a way that 'just' being moderate. (You know the old saw: Just eat in moderation! JUST! If I could, there wouldn't be a problem!) There's something about the extreme challenge of it that makes it black and white. I AM or I am NOT fasting. There's no decision as to how much, of what, oh, just a little, well, why not?

However, I DID have a good 'getting back to it' day yesterday.

Up at 5:30

12:30 1 1/2 plates of sashimi, seaweed salad, rice

6:00 greens gratin
    beef sausage in tomato sauce

Water: 9 glasses

Bed at 7:00

Which I promptly followed up with a restless night, waking up at 1:30, and not able to fall back asleep. Sheesh! (Partially due to worrying about health problems due to feeling like CRAP the day before due to, well, you know. Poor eating behavior. Plus a new little thing, which is probably nothing, but try telling that to yourself at 2:00 in the morning. Just not believable at the time.) I am debating a nap this afternoon. I usually do not nap, as it takes me so long to get ungroggy afterwards, but really, six hours of sleep is begging for it. But, I'm not tired now. Of course, at 7:00 in the evening, it will be a different story, and falling asleep then will probably set me up for another off-kilter night.

Don't know why I was so sleepy yesterday. I sat down on the sofa after dinner, next to my Honey, and the next thing I knew, he was shaking me awake to go to bed.

I feel like I want some sort of reminder of how bad going off the plan makes me feel. You would think this would be easy to remember, and heed, but I'm just an idiot, I guess. Thinking along the lines of a very elaborate bracelet (do handcuffs spring to mind?) with pictures or words on it, that I will be unable to avoid seeing every time I raise food to my mouth.

Or maybe I should think of them as Wonder Woman bracelets.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I'm wearing a "reminder" bracelet
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Okay, what does yours look like? I am thinking of making one with collage and ModgePodge.

The gym happened, to the amazement of all

I managed a half hour, dozy kind of nap, which wasn't mentally satisfying, but apparently gave me enough energy to stay up to my regular bedtime. So I hit the gym with my Honey. Did 45 minutes of walking and hit a spot where i was thinking, 'this is so boring'. So I stopped and read. It felt good not to push and go for the hour, and instead just do as my inclinations dictated. Forty-five minutes is quite enough.

Made the mistake of asking Honey's opinion of my body size in relation to someone else's at the gym. He told me the truth. Must work on my posture!

Here's yesterday:

Up at 1:30am (YES)

8:30 pork chop
    1 egg
    1/2C shakshuka

1:15 beef patty with horseradish
    4 grilled mushrooms
    1C greens gratin

8:00 steak with horseradish
    1 1/2C greens gratin

Water: 8 glasses
    Walking: 45"
    Nap: 30"

Bed at 9:00

Today I will be trying the mornay sauce. It is one of the recipes that lends itself to smaller quantities, so I will be making a half-batch. I'm planning on having it with my pork chops, and since there are only two of those left, I don't want a bunch of leftovers taunting me to buy more pork just as I am leaving for the weekend. (Yes, another collage visit!) I need to find a primal substitute for A-1, is what.

My project for the day is a long one, so I need to get cracking on it early. Oh, that reminds me. Here's my list since last time:

Sheers hemmed and hung.
    Finished mini-quilt piecing.
    Apron hooks on side of fridge.
    Embroidered a block.
    Embroidered TWO blocks.
    Finished candle mat- it is adorable!

I'm feeling very satisfied with all the things I am getting done.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Reading of all your projects and cooking and workouts makes ME tired. Today give yourself a pat on the back, you are amazing!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Amazon sent me a text yesterday at 5:10 pm telling me my package had been delivered. Of course, it's delivered to the Post Office, which closes at 5... My honey will be picking it up for me tonight. Unfortunately, I'm in class until 10 tonight, so won't get to look through it til tomorrow. But, also in that shipment is a jar of coconut manna. I'm so excited!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)