Page 193 of 432 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 4317

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 193

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sabine, you can freeze white wine. Thats what I do with leftovers (we don't drink white wine. Only red). Just freeze them in ice cube trays!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I didn't know that about white wine. That would be great for saving leftovers for future recipes.

I got the fresh tarragon at my local grocery store (which is well-stocked, but not THOROUGH, if you know what I mean), with no difficulty. Forgot to look for the marsala wine, which is a few recipes down the line.

Getting things done

After reading about them on Honeybuns journal, I looked up the cream cheese clouds on the LCHF Recipe group, and whipped up a batch this afternoon. A success all around. Everyone liked them. I just scooped with spoons this time, but if I make them again I will get out the piping bag and get fancy.

Oh, and my project update. Can't remember where I left off last time, but here's what I did in the second calendar week of the year:
    Sewed a bag from scraps.
    Hand-quilted a leaf table runner.
    Fixed a very scary problem with a chunk of text on the computer- THREE HOURS!
    Cut a felt liner for the car coin tray.
    Embroidered a signature block.
    Finished twining a rug.

I have kept up with my schedule, and even finished a couple of extra embroidered signature blocks that aren't being counted in my one-a-day(with Sundays off) plan.

Next month I am going on a retreat, and am planning on four larger projects to finish. I will have one 9-hour day, 2 12-hour days, and one 6-hour day to work on things. I have three things chosen so far: some hand-applique, a top to quilt, and a MASSIVE stack of denim squares to turn into a picnic quilt. We go out to the park every Fourth of July, and I would like to be able to spread out this quilt that I have been planning for five YEARS. Denim squares cut from our old jeans, backed by red bandana-patterned cotton.

I need to get back to walking. I have gotten stiff from all my lying around and taking it easy. But it is so cold outside! *whimper* I might have to resort to some indoor exercise tapes. Ugh. My Honey gave me a massage this evening, which helps, but I am such a massage hog. No matter how long he goes, I always want more. I should save up some of my sashimi money and spring for a professional massage. I haven't had one since our income went south.

Tomorrow I am meeting with a friend to watch the first two episodes of Downton Abbey, Season 3. Squee! I will be bringing a felt-embroidery project which has been calling to me for a year and a half. I have my doubts whether I can finish it in three hours, though, so I better look around for something quick to do that can be my back-up project....Nothing is coming to mind. I need to dig out my list. So far I have just been winging it, grabbing things that present themselves easily.

Need to do the tracking thing

Yesterday:

Up at 5:30

7:00 greens gratin

12:00 2 plates sashimi
    1/2C rice
    1C seaweed salad
    1C creme brulee

6:00 lamb meatballs in pesto
    1/2C lemon rice
    1C broccoli
    2 cream cheese clouds

Water: some
    Walking: none

Bed at 8:30

Right now I am making the bearnaise sauce, reducing the wine and vinegar with the shallot and tarragon. It smells FANTASTIC, and I am getting hungrier by the minute. I am going to have it on top of my eggs and greens this morning, and again with a beef patty for lunch.

Last year I had a notepad with a page for each day. I kept my to-do list on it, reminders, and my meals/water/walking. I did not find a similar one for this year, and it has really cut into my day's organization. I've got to find something that will be convenient to keep on the counter. Unfortunately, Mark's journal doesn't do it for me. I guess I am fussy with how I like my list set up. Must stop by a store today and do some serious looking.

I'll be walking at the gym tonight. I feel good knowing that is planned.

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Sabine, I get fussy with some of the workout logs that are out there. They only go but so far! I completely understand the need to have it the way you want it.

How's it going?
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

I'm feeling pretty good with having a regular routine down. I have been lurking on the 'MOAR Fat' thread, with the idea of going that way. I think my sauce decision(to go through the book and have sauce on meat or fish for my lunches) was partly prompted by the idea that it would be an easy way to try out a higher fat percentage without getting all mathematical on myself.

I am just finished with my breakfast, and the bearnaise was tasty. I like the vinegar tang to it. I think it will taste just as good on my beef patty this afternoon. I am making it ahead of time, to take to my friend's house. PPPPPP, after all!

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Last year I had a notepad with a page for each day. I kept my to-do list on it, reminders, and my meals/water/walking. I did not find a similar one for this year, and it has really cut into my day's organization. I've got to find something that will be convenient to keep on the counter. Unfortunately, Mark's journal doesn't do it for me. I guess I am fussy with how I like my list set up. Must stop by a store today and do some serious looking.
    Maybe this site will have something you're interested in? A little secret - you can download some of the books for free b/c they screwed up and have the password for some of them in the pictures/samples of the books online. The ones I downloaded for free are The Health History, Lifedoc, and the Valuables. Let me know if you're interested in those. I have the passwords.

I need to go back through their store and see if there's anything they've added that I'd like. I'm the queen of organizational attemps.

oopsie, forgot the link: Help Getting Organized | Get Organized with Organizational Tips from Buttoned Up | Featured | Buttoned Up
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Here's a printable diet and exercise log: Tool: Free Printable Diet & Exercise Worksheet Buttoned Up

I found a notebook that I think will work. A page per day, which is the most important thing for me.

The bearnaise was just as good served cold. I will finish off today with trying it on salmon. Tomorrow I will do horseradish sauce, which of course cries out for a nice, thick steak. My freezer can oblige.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am so excited to get this book after all your talk of sauces! Your mention of the bearnaise sauce again and my tummy growled! lol