Page 192 of 396 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 3960

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 192

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I do need to read more about fasting. My aim would be weight loss though.
    I can't believe your neighbours come back for her, I reckon you need to kidnap her :P
    I hope she doesn't get pregnant, if her heat just finished, should be OK I think. Must google.
    Ill have to check out another journal LOL. I have read so many the last few weeks.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I hope Chica comes back to you and they forget about her. What a bunch of crap that they'd leave her with you for so long and then expect her back like that. Especially without offering to reimburse you for all you have done for her. What horrible pet owners. Can't you turn them into the ASPCA or something?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Waaa they took Chica away.

Great work on the fast and the food plan.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    1 coco-choc with nuts
    What is this??

Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    Chocolate can be scarey with dogs - hopefully yours are ok. (It is especially bad in small dogs)
    The darker the chocolate, the worse it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    What am I making for dinner?

BACON NACHOS!
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sounds like your fast went well. I like your "project" goals. I always have ideas, but then never do anything with them.
    I hope Chica comes back to you!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Quick update

We got Chica back, after three days. The longest they have kept her. She seems happy to be back.

I have been taking a break from the internet, but everything is going normally.

My 'finishing project' project is continuing apace. Last night I finished a rug I have had on the loom for a few months. Of course, now I want to start a new one! This might be a good way to get rid of some of those clothes I am sick of. Still enjoying my newly minimal wardrobe, as described on Winencandy's journal.

Coco-chocs with nuts are Winencandy's stard chocolate hearts recipe, but with chopped nuts added. Yum!

Yesterday Middlest asked for 'more protein'. We had a hearty beef stew with turnips and rutabagas for dinner.

That's it for now. Trying to break my habit of getting on, and then STAYING on for hours!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    YAY for Chica coming back.
    Anyway you can ask the neighbours if you can just keep her?

I too have the problem of spending too much time online. Trying to cut down too.

Sabine is offline Senior Member

It is snowing!

And it is the nice kind: sticking to the roof and lawn, but not the streets. You can drive without worrying, and just enjoy how pretty everything looks with a coat of frosting.

I'm eating out of the freezer this week, to make it to payday with no surprises. On the menu for tonight: lamb meatballs in pesto. My grocery store has a great 'sale meat' section, where they put items that must be sold that day at 50% off. Now that our cash flow is better, I have been grabbing some things from there to toss in the freezer for 'laters'. So nice to be able to just poke around in my own freezer to see what looks good.

I finished the hollandaise sauce. Very tasty, and good to use cold, also. I just cut it in slices and rolled it inside slices of meat. Next trial: bearnaise. I need to get some tarragon and shallot. Luckily, I have some white wine. A rare occurrence for us, as we are just not heavy (or even light) drinkers. My sister-in-law bought it while she was here at Thanksgiving. We forgot to drink it then, and missed our celebratory opportunities at Christmas and New Year's, so I'm going to break it our for recipes.

Hmmm, maybe I should look ahead in the book to see what else uses wine. Otherwise it will just sit in the fridge doing whatever wine does after it has been opened. Besides taking up space. A bottle of wine takes up space that could be more usefully filled by a dozen eggs, you know.

Almost fell asleep in the bath last night. I think I have been staying up a little too late. Time to get strict with myself.

Hi, Sabine! I hope you enjoyed your weekend. Glad to see Chica is back. I second the notion of just asking them if you can keep her - or pay a nominal "used dog" fee for her. It seems silly for them to "own" her when you are caring for her most of the time.

I'm excited to hear about your adventures in sauce creation. I'm seriously considering getting that book. It'll change the hum-drum steak into something magical, I'm sure. I still have that Amazon gift card from my bosses I could use.

Any interesting products that are needed to make some of those sauces that you haven't found easily yet? I'm going to purchase the book (it's listed for $16.45 now) which leaves $9 on my gift card to use. I thought about seeing if any special ingredients I might need could be ordered from Amazon.

PrimalCon New York
    Any interesting products that are needed to make some of those sauces that you haven't found easily yet? I'm going to purchase the book (it's listed for $16.45 now) which leaves $9 on my gift card to use. I thought about seeing if any special ingredients I might need could be ordered from Amazon.