Page 191 of 414 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 4133

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 191

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Dr. Lustig was on the Diane Reahm show this morning. It ended with a bang as he passionately refuted a dietician who called in, asserting that it was all calories in, calories out, and sounding like she expected him to agree with her. Apparently, she had not even been LISTENING to the program. That's all I can think.

Bacon nachos should be made with small bacon weaves, so they are bigger. That's the only thing I would change about them.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Wow I just spent all day reading through your journal.
    Glad your hubby got a job, that is exciting, mine was without one for 3 weeks back in nov, was scary thats for sure.

So do your neighbours not want Chica anymore? sounds like she is better off with you anyway
    Need to try some of these longer fasts at some point, have plenty of fat for it to burn into.
    Is 2-4 days best for this?

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Hah, I'm living proof that calories in, calories out is pure bunk. I remember reading Taubes's book and actually jumping up and down at his arguments against it. Like - who in the world could possibly regulate their caloric intake and energy output with pinpoint precision? And even 20 extra calories a day would mean that you would weigh like 400 lbs. by the time you were 40. (Just paraphrasing here - don't blame Taubes for my inaccurate rant.)
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Id love to see a recipe for bacon nachos please

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Id love to see a recipe for bacon nachos please
    Yes pretty please, just sounds so yummy!

And yes, youngest son is feeling better in the morning now. Kids had rice with dinner yesterday evening and this morning he felt good .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

The bacon nachos idea was from Winencandy's journal- she had a link to a picture. No recipe: they are just as you would imagine. Crispy pieces of bacon, topped with pico and cheese, melt the cheese, top with guacamole, sour cream, and olives. They were delicious!

Strangely, our neighbor came to pick Chica up last night. He had been on a trip to visit family for the last five weeks, apparently. I guess at least he knew she was being taken care of. Is it bad of me that I hope she comes scampering back over here soon? She just had her heat cycle; I hope she is all the way through, and she won't 'catch pregnant'!

Ayla, wow, my journal is getting to be quite a chunk. I'm amazed you made it through. I would read some of the fasting posts and threads to decide what is best for you. I settled on 2-4 because it seems as if that would be the best for autophagy, which is my primary concern.

Siobhan, I remember after giving someone a copy of 'Fathead' to view, how sad I was, that they took the 'calories in, calories out' message from it. But it was a friend, so I couldn't deliver the stunning smackdown that Lustig did. It would be worth getting the archive from NPR, just to hear that part. It is in the last three minutes of the show. Free at the NPR website link to the DRShow.

A regular day

Yesterday:

Up at 7:00
    Weight: 203.0

12:00 lox
    meatballs with gravy
    1/2C mashed potatoes
    lingonberry preserves(can anyone guess where I had lunch?)

5:30 bacon nachos!
    chocolate ganache

8:00 2 slices cheddar

Water: 12 glasses

Bed at 10:30

A nice and easy day, but I need to get to the grocery to get some normal food in. It seems after clearing through the holiday leftovers, there is not much here. I really had to scrape to make the girls' lunches this morning.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    The Diane Reahm show site is down right now... I will be listening in, that's for sure.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Oops!

Okay, here's the problem with high fat and protein meals: they are compact. It takes no time at all to stuff a salmon patty with hollandaise and one zucchini sauteed in butter into your piehole(I use that term with the deepest affection- you know how I feel about pie. Any place you put it is a sacred spot.). Not enough time at all for your brain to realize you have eaten, unless you are eating like a civilized person, putting the fork down between bites, pausing to gaze around at your surroundings, chewing. Which I obviously wasn't doing today.

To battle this pattern, I'm going to get some pork rinds, and have them with something delicious and fatty fifteen minutes before meals. Sort of an early warning system.

And some cream, to whip with my non-primal but deeply beloved, fat-free, sugar-free pudding mix, to have for afters when I forget about the pork rinds.

Because falling face down on a plate of fried potatoes with ketchup is really not acceptable.