Page 190 of 422 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 4217

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 190

Sabine is online now Senior Member

I did it.

Shop Now
    Four days/103 hours. Minimal hunger problems, only a little lightheadedness.

Here's how yesterday went:

Up at 7:30
    Weight: 203.5

detox bath
    Walking: 30"
    Water/Tea: 13 glasses
    long massage before bed

Bed at 10:00

My liquid was slightly down due to being out and about a lot.

I had an interesting experience yesterday. All of a sudden, I just stated to STINK. As if SOMETHING was pouring out of my pores. So, I am going to consider that a detox/autophagy success signal. Got back to a normal smell in the afternoon (and after a very good scrub, but I had been bathing as normal, so I don't think it was any 'pile-up').

For those who are interested, my weight this morning was 200.0, a round ten pounds down from where I started four days ago.

I broke my fast with a scrambled egg, and am planning a hearty sashimi lunch later today.

Chloe threw up again last night, but other than that, is acting her normal self. We tried her on a little egg this morning, to see if she can keep it down.

I am planning on going through the book basically from front to back, so my first sauces will be good old hollandaise and bernaise. There were just too many good looking ones to decide, so I am letting page order be my guide. I need to pick up some salmon burgers. I am planning on a good old beef patty for lunch most days, topped with a sauce, but some of them will be better for fish.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I think a beef patty sounds like a great way to try the sauces out .... as does a salmon burger! I think I might cook up a bunch of beef burgers and have them frozen and ready to reheat for lunches. Haven't had them for ages so will be a nice change. I also want to try making fish cakes too so there is more motivation to try a recipe for that purpose. I am hoping the kids will like the fish cakes (patties) too.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Yesterday:

Up at 6:30
    Weight: 200.0

7:00 egg with
    cream scrambled in
    butter

12:00 2 plates of sashimi
    1/4C rice
    seaweed salad

3:30 1/4 boiled cabbage fried in
    bacon grease with
    steak slices
    2 squares dark chocolate
    1/4C artichoke dip

8:30 2 squares dark chocolate with
    whipped cream

Water: 12 glasses
    Walking: 30"

Bed at 10:00

Off to see 'Skyfall' with my Honey this afternoon.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Looks like a good day hope you enjoy your evening with your Honey...
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

No! No! No!

WHO is writing these scripts?!? This is not BOND! Three for three, and they are losing me. Maybe I could view them just a spy/action movies, but there were some serious quibbles with reality, as well.

It was fun to go on a date, but the movie was NOT satisfying. Except that we enjoyed deconstructing it afterwards. Sat down and watched 'Dr. No' when we got home, to get the non-Bond taste out of my mouth.

In non-movie related news, I had an adequate day yesterday:

Up at 7:30
    Weight: 203.0 (I was expecting this bump up- it does not alarm.)

11:30 snack plate with liverwurst pickle, goat cheese, cheddar, 1 almond roca

1:00 WAY too much primal trail mix

3:30 grilled chicken
    guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo

8:30 dark chocolate ganache

Biking: 30"
    Water: 9 glasses

Bed at 9:00

I made the ganache with 2 parts baking chocolate, 1 part semi-sweet chips, so it is just on the edge of being too bitter for me. A pleasantly challenging edge.

THREE people stood us up for coming over for games, hence the excess of trail mix. I was waiting around, not able to start with the games, but not wanting to start anything else, because people might be arriving at any time. Finally we said the heck with it, had an early dinner, and went to the movie. At least the house is clean.

Copied the '20 Mile March' article that Demuralist put on the 'Eat MOAR FAT January' thread. I am going to bring it to my money goals support meeting today. Very interesting read.

Projects so far:
    Buttons on turbans
    Hooks in closet
    Made a small bag
    Tossed a paper project
    Darned my hot pink socks

Yesterday was my first day off, but I still worked on something that will be completed at a later time.

Water heater turned off again sometime last night. It is weird, because it is not exceptionally windy. The plumber could not find anything wrong with it last time, so we're just going to keep checking it and re-lighting. We CANNOT afford to do any water heater repair at this time (or any time in the near future), even though some would be covered by our home warranty. We HAVE TO build up a cushion again. CUSHION. CUSHION. CUSHION. I am tired of living on the edge. THIS is not a pleasantly challenging edge. It is a scary, soul-wearing edge.

We are backing away, and we will not be distracted by cold water now and then.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Happy new year Sabine! Seems like you started it really well with your successful fast .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

I enjoyed the feeling of doing a mindful thing at the beginning of the year(among other things). I'm already looking forward to doing it at the start of February, also.

Glad to see your late night/early morning crabs worked for your son. Hope that is all that's required.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Happy New Year Sabine!

A 4 day fast, that is no small feat! Congratulations, I am sure it helped reset the system.

Looks like you are off to a good start on your goals and desires for the new year! This is the most excited I've been about a new year in ages.

To getting off the edge of the personal fiscal cliff, getting healthier, getting fitter, and feeling good!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I hear you about being so close to the edge financially... except you have an excuse with hubby's unemployment for so long. Brad and I have just been terrible about managing money and now we're fighting to dig our way out. I hope you can find a way to get the water heater to work properly so you can stop fiddling with it.

I plan to read the 20 mile march article later. I have it open on my computer so I don't forget.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

What am I making for dinner?

BACON NACHOS!