Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 4148

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 188

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Happy new year!
    -- Ruth

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Starting my fast

I had a fortune cookie just before midnight, so it is truly a New Year's fast, with no trickle over from yesterday.

My plan is to go 2-4 days, drinking plenty of water and tea. I have various activities planned, the first being cold baths in the morning. Accomplished that one today, and did some dry skin brushing, and took the dogs for a walk. So, so far I am feeling on top of it. Of course, I am only 11 hours in.

My stomach is making some gurgles, which I am expecting, but still need to deal with. No, food is not an option today, stomach! Get a hold of yourself.

Honey got the water heater working again, so I'll be able to have my warm bath tonight. Very happy about it. Now. I'm going to plop myself down, watch a Cary Grant movie, and knit.

Happy New Year, all!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Happy New Year back atcha!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

The smell of the corned beef is tempting, but I haven't had any True Hunger. Just, Isn't It Time To Eat Hunger. Went for a nice walk with Eldest, and now I'm going to lounge around reading, until it is time to feed my horde. Then I am planning a bath and massage.

Oh, and I completed one project today, to start my New Year off right!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Happy New Year, Sabine! Good luck with the fast!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Why do they call it fasting when it goes by so slow?!?!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Good luck with the fast, Sabine!! Happy New Year to you. Congrats on accomplishing one project. How goes the secret project?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Way to start the New Year Sabine! When do we get to see something of the secret project? Hope you have a good day!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

The secret project is causing me despair

All else is going well, though.

Did my project for January 2nd: installing three hooks in my closet. Worked on a 'due-later-in-the-week' one, also. I'm liking it. Completing a task is supposed to give you a rush of endorphins. I'm looking forward to seriously upping my supply this year.

Made it through day one of the fast. Here's how it went:

Up at 7:00
    Weight: 210.0 (apparently a traditional ice cream sundae on new Year's Eve has a big impact!)

15" cold bath-brr!
    10" dry skin brushing

Walking: 55"
    Water/Tea: 17 glasses

Bed at 9:00

You may notice an absence of massage and detox bath. I had an issue with Littlest not being where I thought she was, and having to go through much driving, phoning, worrying, and serious talking-to. This ate up my private relaxation time for the evening. I still had family relaxation time, playing games, and I am going to wrangle a time and a half massage tonight. I need, it, too, because my period finally started (more than a week late, grrr), and the cramps are severe!

I had a few thoughts of eating, mostly when I smelled the corned beef cooking, but they were very manageable. No TrueHunger until today, and TrueHunger being the polite thing it usually is, very manageable as well.

I am jazzed to realize I am almost half-way done! The rest of my day is going to be busy, so I think the time will go by smoothly. Then a good night's sleep, and I'll be over the hump!

I bought a box of Yogi brand(because it was the cheapest) detox tea, and I am having a cup each day. The flavor is...interesting. I'm also having my standard Good Earth decaf, and some of Naiadknight's Kill Everything. So, three cups of tea each day, the rest water, with or without lemon juice and salts.

The dry-skin brushing was really enjoyable. I need to remember to do that more often. Maybe if I incorporate it as a regular part of my fast routine, it will become more of a habit?

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Why do they call it fasting when it goes by so slow?!?!
    Heehee!