Page 187 of 424 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 4233

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 187

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I was up in the night with Chica- she was very bloated, and not feeling well. A quick trip to the vet this morning revealed that her stomach is PACKED! She has gotten some extra food somewhere, I guess. Treats that were left out?

Doctor's orders: fast for two days, and some anti-nausea medicine to help her through. Poor little one. The vet said we could expect her to be a couch potato for a while.
    You just described me
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    You just described me
    +1
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Winencandy- I hope you got someone to rub your tummy.

Final verdict: 1 1/2 pounds gained over Christmas

I was at the same weight for two days, so I'm going to call that my new normal (I know, too soon to tell. I'm calling it anyhow.)

Very acceptable, I think. Now to begin my downward journey once again. This is a familiar hill. I've been on it before. Should that make it harder or easier?

Chica is not enjoying her fast. But I think that's just because she can't take warm baths, and meditate. She IS getting tummy rubs. I'm looking forward to my fast. I'm planning some easy-to-make favorites for my family to eat, so they won't be deprived, but I can be in and out of the kitchen quickly. Corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes, one day. Hash the next. Enchiladas from the freezer. I think they'll be happy. Especially since they can have my portions.

This was yesterday:

Up at 1:30 with Chica
    Asleep again at 4:00

Up at 7:00
    Weight: 206.5

12:00 1 1/2C broccoli-cheddar soup
    the last of that casserole
    1 coco-choc with nuts

4:30 caponata
    1/2 pickle
    brie
    liverwurst
    1 coco-choc

5:30 ham slices
    fried zucchini with ranch

7:00 rote grutze with
    cream, lots of cream!

Water: 9 glasses
    Walking: 90"

Bed at 9:00

I did an hour walking with Littlest, then tempted my Honey on a walk to the store after dinner, since he had been sitting playing games most of the day.

The water was a little low. I could feel it, but kept finding it inconvenient to drink. need to be more careful today. I think part of the reason is I do not like ice cold water, I prefer tepid, and right now it is coming out of the tap ICY. I need to remember I can just add a splash of warm to it. Take action, girl. Don't be lazy!

Okay, the rest of the dishes! I have got to clear the decks so I can make those cauli-tots in some semblance of sanitary conditions.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I love filtered hot water with juice of 1 org lime, little stevia, sooo good when I've had my coffee for the day and want to settle down with a good book. I use a bag of limes per week. After juicing I save them to put in chicken cavities and bake.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Where did you see the recipe for the cauli-tots? That sounds intriguing.... And well done on keeping that weight gain to a manageable amount! THe most awesome feeling to go through Christmas and not be out of control on a binge afterwards.

JudyCr, I like the sound of your lime drink - shall have to try it!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

I'm in the middle of making the cauli-tots right now. So far, the baking is not going as planned. You are supposed to bake for 20 minutes, then flip so the crispy side is up, then bake 20 more minutes. Well, they did NOT want to release. I had to get creative(flipped the whole pan upside down onto another sheet of foil, let cool, then slowly peel back the original foil), and now I have some bedraggled looking tots baking for the second time. We'll see how they turn out. They SMELL fantastic.

Can't remember where I saw the link. But it is from paleogurlkitchenDOTblogspotDotca, if you want to check it out.

Just let myself be dragged into a thread that I will probably regret posting on. But sometimes comments just annoy me.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    i'm gonna check out these tots. One of my favorite non-primal foods is tater tots.

Sorry about dear chica getting into too much food. I never would have guessed a Chihuahua to be a glutton. Beagles, yes... Chihuahua... no. Thankfully, my labs aren't gluttons. That would get expensive!! Odd how some breeds are and some aren't - unlike with people where it's a personal trait rather than a "breed" trait.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I think my problem with the tots was that I greased the foil. When I flipped them onto a new sheet (ungreased) they came up more easily, but still not until they had cooled a bit. They do not taste like tots- the predominant flavor is the green onions. I could totally see them as blini substitutes, with a dab of sour cream and a sprinkling of caviar on top. Mmmm.

Chica is once again a normal size. We will be giving her very small meals for a couple of days. She seems quite happy again, and only concerned that she's NOT GETTING ENOUGH FOOD! Any memory of being stuffed beyond comprehension is gone.

Have to go- problems with the water heater.

Yup, the water heater is not working. The plumber will come on Wednesday.

On the bright side, this will make taking cold baths easy.

On the dark side...well, everything else. No warm detox baths, boiling water for dishes on the stove, incredibly brisk showers.

It is what it is. Sigh.

I am ramping up for my fast tomorrow by drinking plenty of water today. My goal is one gallon. I'm halfway there. I have lemons, a variety of salts and teas, and even a fun face mask thing to use. I've told my Honey I expect a massage every night. He has agreed to go along with this plan. Meals for the family: set! Thought about having a wild time today with food, but decided it wasn't worth it. Nothing seemed worth spiking my blood sugar or making my liver and pancreas work harder. I WILL have some of my Christmas dark chocolate, though.

Typing this at the library, so I don't have my notes from yesterday, but I ate way too much trail mix as a way of avoiding the delicious, non-primal treats our friends had for us. An acceptable method for me.

Okay, Middlest looks about ready to go. Adios!