Page 186 of 435 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 4349

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 186

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Sabine, I LOVE your nourishing things list. Very cool.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I'm not much into soup. I think I need to chew lots to feel like I've really eaten something. I do love a good clam or seafood chowder though! Too bad I'm off dairy.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Eating soup makes me crave saltine crackers... lol But I enjoy a nice warm cup of soup occasionally. I make mine with lots of stuff - carrots, celery, cabbage, kale, chicken (of course), onion, etc, so there's a little bit of stuff to chew.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My "soups" are usually "stoups." There's more solid than liquid, usually.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Just installed f.lux on my computer!

Very proud of myself.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    what is f.lux?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

It is a program that changes the light on your computer screen according to the time of day. It is in Mark's '21 things to do' post(most recently).

Working my way back to 205

I like to see the scale go down. I know this is the holiday bloat coming off, but it is still very satisfying, seeing a pound or more at a time (in the right direction!).

I was up in the night with Chica- she was very bloated, and not feeling well. A quick trip to the vet this morning revealed that her stomach is PACKED! She has gotten some extra food somewhere, I guess. Treats that were left out?

Doctor's orders: fast for two days, and some anti-nausea medicine to help her through. Poor little one. The vet said we could expect her to be a couch potato for a while. I think she'll have some company. I feel like sitting and watching movies today. But first, the gym with Littlest, who wants to go running. I will walk.

Here was yesterday:

Up at 6:00
    Weight: 207.5

12:00 2 plates of sashimi
    1/2C rice
    1C seaweed salad
    NO creme brulee!!!

9:00 casserole from yesterday
    beef, spaghetti squash, tomatoes, cheese
    3 coco-choco cups

Walking: none
    Water: 12 glasses

Bed at 10:30

The late dinner was due to us locking ourselves out of the car, and all the brangling that such an event causes. Yay for friends who live right next to Half-Price Books! I was hungry when we got home, but mostly I was COLD and really wanted a warm, filling meal in my tummy. The casserole is sort-of plain, but good, hearty fair.

We have so many leftovers in the fridge. Inroads must be made. No one gets a sandwich or a snack for the next day: they must eat MEALS!

Tomorrow I am going to make those cauli-tots that popped up on the forum recently. One batch without bacon for our vegetarian friends, one batch WITH, for us! We're going over to play games, and it sure will be nice to have an afternoon together again. Being tied at home with no working car, or money for gas is the pits! So glad that is over.

Littlest found a very nice full-length dress for her NYE party dance. Black, sleeveless, with an inset of spring green and co-ordinating embroidery on both sides of it. Slight adjustments need to be made, because the manufacturers never allow for a bust, even a modest one, on the small sizes, it seems. But at $13, wow!

Well, I better get to the dishes. There is not a clean fork in the house.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I feel for Littlest. I truly do. I wear size Extra Tiny and nearly every manufacturer seems to think I have a concave chest and no hips. For dresses, I hafta go up a size and take in the waist. It's the only way things without stretch will fit.
    Then again, pattern makers seem to get the bottom half right and assume I have bazongas out to THERE (mind you, mine aren't small, but these are at least a cup size or 3 atop my already generous bra size.)
    I'm glad you're able to fix it for her, though. I learned to sew because I was the only person that could take in my clothes.
    Getting locked out of your vehicle sucks monkey butts! Glad y'all were able to get it taken care of and there was kith nearby.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    There are now clean forks, knives, spoons, and mugs. Umm, that's about it.

When we were at Half Price Books yesterday, I saw a cookbook parody of 'Fifty Shades of Gray' - "Fifty Shades of Chicken'. Picked it up for chuckles, and the recipe it fell open to was a bacon-trussed chicken wing! I think I may have to get this book! That's the kind of bondage I could get into. Or around, I suppose.

Have purchased the fabric and velcro to expand the back of Littlest's gown. She has a great figure, just not what part dress manufacturers are designing for, I guess. I think it will take about an hour, but I'm not going to tackle it until tomorrow morning. I am somewhat dozy from my interrupted sleep last night.

All the kids are pretty handy with sewing. Eldest learned to quilt when he was young, he can do repairs, and he frequently makes hand-crafted gifts with sewing involved. He's also a great beader. He made Littlest a beaded dachshund for Christmas. One of the best things that I think Middlest and Eldest ever made was a squid hat for Littlest. Middlest also makes her won costumes for the cons she goes to.

The anti-nausea medicine has been giving Chica more pep, but she is NOT understanding this whole 'no food' thing. I can tell she is wondering where the heck her breakfast went! The worst thing about being locked out was it was freezing in the spot I wanted to wait (to keep an eye on the car- after all, the key was sitting there right on the front seat, for anyone to see). The best thing was plenty of reading material.

Honey made sure to bring his wife up in conversation. I think he's hoping to get lucky. I might throw him a bone. (See Siobhan's journal if you don't know what the heck that means.)