Page 185 of 415 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 4147

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 185

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm 5'4" - 5'5" (depending on who measure me), so a little bit shorter than you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member

More book notes

Just finished the chapter where a day in the life of both Grok, and Korg are described. Made me think about MY typical day, what is primal, what is not:

Sabine wakes up before the sun rises-, but without the use of an alarm+. She feels rested+, and it is easy to wake up+. She often shares some fun time with her Honey+, and gets out of bed in a good mood for the day+. There is a quiet hour+ before she has to start waking her children, so she sips water and tea+, and does her computer things-.

Then there is the morning bustle of getting kids to school-. She usually gets to chat with Middlest on the way+. Littlest is NOT a morning person, so their interactions are minimal-. She no longer eats a breakfast, instead waiting until she feels hungry+. She has also stopped insisting that the kids eat breakfast+, though she does make sure they have two kinds of protein in their lunch bags, one for lunch, and one for a morning snack if they want it++.

Most days she walks to the library, post office, or store+, but she does not get at least an hour every day-. She has gotten lazy about walking the dogs while her Honey was unemployed--. Bad for her AND the dogs.

She enjoys plenty of meat and vegetables++, and has added butter and coconut oil into her diet++, and DROPPED margarine+. She no longer eats grains as a regular thing+, but she still indulges sometimes-, and has a HARD time getting back on track when she does-.

She doesn't do any heavy lifting-, or sprinting-, but she's not stressed about it+. She used to take a sunbath every day+, but she completely forgot about it-. She means to start again+.

She doesn't take any medications+, and when she has symptoms of various ailments, she is able to fix herself with good food, rest, and/or plenty of liquids+. She worries about cancer, and heart ailments sometimes-, but feels empowered, knowing that eating right has made any symptoms(real or imagined) vanish within days+.

Modern cares stress her out sometimes, and she usually deals with them by eating- or reading+, but over all, she does not feel her life is stressful. She does not have to deal with traffic+ or unpleasant people+ on a regular basis, and she has plenty of friends she enjoys+. Her family life is secure+, and she and her Honey and kids like to play games together, which she considers great for teenagers+!

In the evening she relaxes with books+, crafts+, or movies-. She still hasn't gotten filters on her computer or lights-, although she thinks about it now and then. She goes to bed at about the same time every night+, except when she has socializing opportunities++.

Hmmm, not too shabby.
    Last edited by Sabine; 12-27-2012 at 06:22 PM.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    There's a freebie filter program for the computer, f. lux. It's pretty idiot proof.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

You know what they say: There's always a better idiot coming down the pipe!

Yes, I need to just DO IT.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I like the Murphy's Law version: "Make it idiot proof and Mother Nature will make a better idiot."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I enjoyed your version of a "day in the life" Thanks for the peek into Sabine's world
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Just counted up my positives(36) and negatives(15). A net positive of 21 primal brownie points.

I would like a day like yours.

Still clearing out

It's a good life, that's for certain. When the kids were little, it ran a lot like this: Play with kids+. Read with kids+. Take kids to play with friends+. Nurse baby+. Repeat+++. Drop into bed exhausted!

And that was good, too.

Yesterday went like this:

Up at 7:15
    Weight: 209.5

10:30 ham
    2 fried eggs
    greens

12:15 3 coconut oil-chocolate cups with walnuts(normal ones!)

3:15 ham with
    broccoli-cheddar soup
    wait 15"
    1/2 pickle
    brie
    liverwurst

6:30 casserole with
    ground beef
    tomatoes and tomato paste
    spaghetti squash
    cheese
    2 squares dark chocolate
    cream with sugar-free chocolate-raspberry syrup

Walking: none
    Water: 12 glasses

Bed at 9:00

I seem to have had a chocolate theme going on yesterday. My period is overdue, so maybe this is a sign that it is almost here.

I'm not tracking my numbers, but I am leaning towards more fat, inspired by the LCHF thread. Also, I have a bunch of that soup to use up. And Christmas ham.

For my afternoon meal, I decided to lengthen it by having a fifteen minute waiting period in the middle. And making sure I had something to really crunch on (pickle). I think both of these behavioral tweaks, are important to me feeling mentally satisfied with my meal. I'm going to incorporate them more often.

It is very cold here (For Texas! Don't laugh at me, all you Northeners.) and I am not feeling much like walking. Must summon some resolve.

Also must cut the dogs' nails, write my thank you notes, and plan a college visit. Hmm, which is easiest?

Can't remember if I mentioned it here, but I am planning to resume my monthly fasts. The first one will be on January 1st. There's a thread for it on the Nutrition page, if anyone is interested. I'm writing up a list of nourishing things to do for my body and spirit besides eating during the fast. So far I have: dry skin brushing; massages from Honey; listening to meditation tapes; cold baths; warm detox baths; long, slow walks; snuggling with the dogs and watching movies while knitting; doing a facial and manicure hour.

Anything else to suggest?

I am getting more and more interested in making a soup. I have a ton of bone broth in the freezer. I'm thinking of making it up and putting it in jars and then freezing the leftovers so I have a quick and easy go to when I'm ravenous or lazy. Maybe this weekend. Carrots and broth... yummmmmmmmmmm