Page 184 of 417 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 4170

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 184

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    When I saw your first post about maple-glazed walnuts, my first thought was, "Don't let me near them!" I would have to give them away or something. I have NO willpower.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I can control myself around walnuts. Pecans, on the other hand, are my kryptonite.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Pecans and macadamias are rather hard to keep to a normal portion size for me, walnuts are not an issue for me
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I can't get within 15 feet of any kind of nut without exercising strict portion control. I'm hopeless.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Not eactly back on track

The walnuts are gone.

I'm sure you know what I mean.

However, I did eat some normal meals yesterday, along with, ahem...various treats. Here's how it was, to the best of my knowledge(It got a little crazy after the gym. Please note that I DID go to the gym, though. This even though my Honey said he was willing to be talked out of it. I MADE us go!):

Up at 6:30
    Weight: 211.0!

10:30 2C broccoli-cheddar soup
    ham

3:30 beef stri-fry with
    carrot, celery, ginger, cabbage, chard, onion

4:00 maple-glazed walnuts
    more maple-glazed walnuts
    oh, my goodness, these walnuts are the devil!

7:00 1C broccoli-cheddar soup
    7 cookies!
    8 crackers with cheese or caponata
    pistachios
    1/2 of a Butterfinger!
    the last of the maple-glazed walnuts

Walking: 60"
    Water: 14 glasses

Bed at 11:30

I know why. Today will be better. Making some greens to have with breakfast as I type.

These walnuts are a special recipe that my sister-in-law makes for Christmas. They are AMAZING! Thank goodness I can only get them once a year. I would fight the dogs for them, so no dice there.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I had 15 of those knock off Girl Scouts Caramel Delights yesterday... Dollar General has a store brand called Clover Valley or something like that. They make a version of those GS cookies and they are AMAZING. They leave my tummy very unhappy, but they are so delicious that I ate an ENTIRE PACKAGE of them between 5 and 10:30 last night. So, I feel you on the cookies and glazed walnuts.

I noticed you told us your weight. I think this is the first time ever... or at the very least, first time I have noticed it. Is that up or down from your last weigh in?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I usually put my weight just below the wake-up time, unless I forget to weigh that morning. That 211 is definitely UP from my holiday eating. But one day of eating some real meals(even with crazy snacking) and plenty of water, and it is already starting to come down(209.5 this morning). I think my 'normal' weight right now is about 205. That's where I had gotten back down to after a post-unemployment period high of 214.5. So, I started on the unemployment gains, only to be hit by some Christmas gains. But...they were a lot more fun to put on, and I don't think it will be a struggle to drop them. Before the unemployment thing, I was at 185. So, I gained almost 30 pounds. Whew!
    Last edited by Sabine; 12-27-2012 at 10:28 AM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Really??? I guess I've skipped right over that section. I browse through your food stuff but have never noticed the weight part. I guess your food log is just so interesting the rest pales in comparison!

So, we're both aiming for the same weight then. I want to get back to 184 so I can get back on the losing wagon instead of the catching-back-up wagon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I guess your food log is just so interesting the rest pales in comparison!
    Heeheehee!

Yes, I think we are both about the same height, too(5'8"). 140 is my fantasy weight, but my present goal is 154. I would be ecstatic if I ever make it there. I've got twenty years on you, though, so when you make it to 140, you will be so far ahead of me, in achieving good health at a young age, so you have even more years to enjoy it.

Let's do it! 184, here we come!