Page 183 of 435 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 4343

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 183

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Holiday errata

Primal Fuel
    Eating lots of snacks for the pure pleasure of the great tastes. My sister-in-law sent me some wonderful maple-glazed walnuts. Mmmmm!

Reading an Agatha Cristie, and in trying to remember the title of another one, got on the internet to look it up, and ...zoop! Like magic, I end up here at MDA for a quick peek around. Siobhan is either planning to hibernate or give birth. Maybe both! Your guess is as good as mine.

We are having SNOW, and I'll be taking Middlest to the park in fifteen minutes to romp in it with her friends.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Heheheheh

It's snowing here too! Completely unforecast! Santa brought us SNOW!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

My plan for today

1-Drink LOTS of water. I'm thinking a good gallon.

2-Reread 'The Primal Blueprint'. This was decided at the last minute. I was reading a thread, and someone remarked that it had been a while since they had read PB, but...EVERYONE in the paleo community was saying X, so they knew it was TRUE.

I found myself thinking, 'just read the **** book!' Decided I would take my own advice (though I HAVE read it three+ times, the last time was during this past summer). I'm going to take notes, too!

That's it. Other things will no doubt happen, but those are my two vitals for getting back on track. I ate way more than I needed yesterday, but stopped before I felt bad. My weight, of course, has sky-rocketed upwards, but that's normal. I am hoping for a quick plummet. There will be NORMAL meals today, and not snacking platters!

There is three inches of snow on the ground here, this morning, and it looks just beautiful.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I will re read it along with you.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Notes from the book

Okay, right off I realized that of the 10 laws, there are 5 that are most important for me:

Eat plants and animals
    Avoid poisonous things
    Get adequate sleep
    Get adequate sunlight
    Move frequently at a slow place.

When I first began primal, I was very good about doing sunbaths, almost daily. That has fallen by the wayside. I had completely forgotten it. Time to get back on the stick.

The sleep I am doing great on. I eat my plants and animals, and generally, I walk and bike a lot. So far, so good. Avoiding poisonous things has been put aside (mostly purposely) the past months. Now that the money is flowing, I should be able to pick it up easily.

I like to think that avoiding stupid mistakes and using my brain are part of me, but perhaps I am deluding myself.

Lifting heavy things and sprinting are just not going to happen for a while. I don't even feel bad about this. It is just the way it is! When I feel like it, I will do it. Not before. So there!

Play. I've got to get more of that in. Physical play, that is. Littlest does this thing called 'The Hunt' once a month. Essentially an elaborate game of treasure hunt/chase/tag/obstacle course. I need to start a group for grown-ups.

We can turn genes 'on or off' by changing their environment- by nutrition, activity, stress management.

Control your blood glucose levels(keep them low). Special note for me: any time insulin is required, the PANCREAS has to make it. Do not overwork your pancreas. Give it a rest now and then.

"...you cannot reduce body fat on a diet that stimulates high levels of insulin production..."

Over-exercise encourage inflammation. Not a concern for me , but useful as an excuse. Heehee. Is this something I should talk to Honey about?

Adequate sleep also means less artificial light after sunset. I need to get those filters and special lights for the whole family.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    All caught up... whew. Sorry for not posting on the weekends. I'm just so busy at home and not busy at all during the work week.

I am glad you enjoyed your Christmas. Mine was nice too - busy but nice. Back on track very soon. Tired of feeling so icky!

I might re-read the PB too, but not yet. I'm still reading the Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf. About half way through it. it also drives me nuts when people only do the program half way and then complain that it hasn't worked for them. Case in point - MIL. But, those who are educated in the way the PB works will realize when those who are half arsing it are half arsing it and will ignore their complaints. N=1 right?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Frank bowel movement talk ahead

All those goodies that I had over the past two and a half days are moving through my system very quickly. I don't feel bad, no gas or cramping, but the amount of poop I am processing is incredible. No wonder I woke up thirsty this morning, even after drinking 9 glasses of water yesterday. Every bit of moisture must have been used for making large amounts of poop. I probable should have weighed again after all this activity: I bet my number would have been not so alarming as the one first thing this morning.

Same here... It's amazing how much matter the bowels can hold... The scale at the gym told me I have gained 13 lbs since I was there last (probably 2 months easily), even after all this "movement".

get these maple-glazed walnuts away from me!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Feed them to the puppies.