Page 181 of 396 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 3953

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 181

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Stress response is soooo challenging. I am about to embark on delving into creating better responses for 2013. Hmmm, sounds like the perfect resolution. I like to pick self care or adding more color to my wardrobe, something that I can hope to accomplish! Your meals sound so good. Do you like cooking?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I do like to cook. And I am blessed by liking most foods, so variety is easy for me. I have a friend who literally only likes one vegetable- iceberg lettuce- and it always seems so sad to me, not to be able to enjoy the bounty that is out there.

Today I am thinking of trying Candy's 'mac' and cheese gratin (cauliflower instead of noodles) if I can dig out the recipe. I think it will go great with Salisbury steaks.

But first: going to listen to the end bit of 'Sugar: The Bitter Truth' while I start Middlest's owl mitts. Only five days to get them done!

Yikes. The science is a bit much for me. I think I will need to watch it several times before it all sinks in. I did watch S:TBT, the Short Version, by UndergroundWellness, and that helped get some of it straight in my mind.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    The bio-chem stuff can be passed over if it baffles your brain. I watched it cuz I love that sort of stuff.

when you dig out that "mac" and cheese recipe - can you post and share please? that sounds wonderful!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Ready for the end of the world-maybe

Up at 6:00
    Weight: 207.5

9:00 spaghetti squash
    marinara with meat sauce
    parmesan

2:00 2 bratwurst
    1C greens gratin
    1/2C sweet and sour red cabbage
    mustard

6:30 salisbury steak with
    mushroom and onion
    1 1/2C candy 'nomac and cheese' cauliflower
    with egg, cream, parmesan, bacon

Walking: 20"
    Water: 10 glasses

Bed at 9:00

The nomac and cheese was good. I'll see if I can find which post # she has it listed under. Update: She has a link to her blog's recipe on Post # 482.

We had a wind storm the day before yesterday, so when I went walking to the library, I found dozens of pecans rolling in the gutters. I scooped them up. I don't take from people's lawns, but gutters, I think, are fair game. I guess it made me think of one of our neighbor's comments on the subject, though, because I dreamt of him last night, and not in a good way. He was harrassing his estranged wife in the dream, and I was frantically trying to figure out where she was, so I could send the police. Weird. Not the kind of dream that promotes restful sleep.

Getting together with a friend today, and starting my Christmas shopping, both activities which will be made so much easier by having a car! Yay. I'm so thankful for it.

I'm still learning stuff every time I watch 'Fathead' so I think, S:TBT will be the same. There's only so much I absorb at a time. And he throws a big chunk at you.

Updates: I found the Christmas album. Too late to show Girlfriend cute pictures of Eldest, but at least it is not lost. More than half-way done with the first Owl mitt for Middlest. The rain fly did not work. The windstorm ripped it down and collapsed the tent. So yesterday we set it up again to let it dry out.
    Last edited by Sabine; 12-21-2012 at 04:29 AM. Reason: more info

The day after the end of the world is upon us

Best end of the world ever: we're all still here!

Here's how I spent my last day:

Up at 5:30
    Weight: 207.5

12;30 salisbury steak with
    mushrooms
    1C nomac cauliflower
    1C sweet and sour red cabbage

4:00 iced coffee with
    2T cream and stevia
    1C chicken salad with grapes and pecans(very few)
    shoestring french fries with
    ketchup

Walking: none
    Water: 12 glasses

Bed at 9:30

There was much shuttling of children and Christmas errands yesterday, so I'm not surprised I didn't get in any dedicated walking. Today my Honey and I are doing the Christmas shopping together, so I will have a lot of 'wandering walking', but that's hard to keep track of, so my official number for today might still be 'none'.

The meals yesterday worked out a little strange. I was quite hungry by the time I ate lunch, and made sure I ate enough to really be FULL.

Then, when I met my friend at the cafe for writing and gab, I wasn't really hungry. I ordered the coffee, and after a little bit, the food, because I wanted to order something that I could sort of pick at. (And yes, chicken salad and fries were the best option on the menu, unless I ordered two entrees. Funds did not permit. The chicken salad was a sandwich, but I had them leave off the bread.)

The fries were delicious; nice and crispy. I made them last at least an hour. The chicken salad was okay, but nothing special. I ate it because it put some protein and fat in my belly to keep the fries company.

I was a little concerned that the fries might set me up for munching later, but I stayed full until I went to bed. I wanted to eat something at home as an ACTIVITY, but since I wasn't hungry, I refrained. (Victory! After all, how often has not being hungry stopped me before?! Let's just say, it is not a common occurrence.)

The first Owl Mitt is almost done. Just need to do the thumb and finishing. I think I will get them both ready in time for Christmas.

Bless you, Auto-Save. My machine decided to reconfigure regardless of what I was doing. I'm so glad the forum has that function!

My mother-in-law sent us a box of shortbread. I managed to not eat ANY of it.

Before the deluge

Well, I out-walked my Honey. We got through, and he collapsed on the sofa while I took the kids out for round two. He is very fit, but almost all of his big muscle activity comes from biking, not walking. I think the muscle usage is just different enough that he gets tuckered after walking more than an hour.

I kept up until the kids and I got home, eleven hours after I had begun. Started making myself some dinner, and suddenly felt VERY tired. Relaxed on the sofa with a movie for an hour, then flopped into bed.

Today I will be doing more Christmas preparation: wrapping presents, making potato salad and rote grutze, cleaning the kitchen down to the bones to have a nice working area, madly knitting on Owl mitts and boot toppers.

Littlest made chocolate bowls, so the kitchen is rather disheveled. And the house is bulging with treats for Christmas, but we're trying to eat the scraps of leftovers to clear space. Granted, the nomac and red cabbage was tasty, but I am having a hard time getting the last of the turkey tetrazzini out the door.

Here's how the food went yesterday:

Up at 7:00
    Weight: 205.5

12:30 piece of turkey

3:30 2 bratwurst with
    mustard
    1C cauliflower nomac
    1C sweet and sour red cabbage
    11 wasabi almonds

8:30 2 fried eggs on top of
    1C cauliflower nomac
    1/2C sweet and sour cabbage (the last of both of these)

Walking: from store to store
    Water:10 glasses

Bed at 10:30

I am suspicious of a new poster. S/he is already inconsistent in what they are saying, and yet, the posts seem too long for a spammer. I have a hard enough time with getting interested in someone's journal and comments, only to see them disappear from the forum. I do NOT want to start liking someone who isn't even real. (As real as any of us are online. )

I wish more people posted on the weekends.

KimT is offline Senior Member
    I'm here, I'm reading, I just don't post. I did notice your drop up there^ though! Sounds like you are busy and almost ready for Christmas! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!