Page 173 of 418 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 4176

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 173

phigment is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I was picked for the federal grand jury once. As a matter of fact anyones name that was picked from the "hat" was on it. The judge did care what reasom you gave to not paticipate, he denied them all. It wasn't hard but going once a month for a year was annoying. Thankfully i havn't been called since.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    I was picked for the federal grand jury once. As a matter of fact anyones name that was picked from the "hat" was on it. The judge did care what reasom you gave to not paticipate, he denied them all. It wasn't hard but going once a month for a year was annoying. Thankfully i havn't been called since.
    That's surprising b/c the federal law states that the prosecution and defense both have the right to eliminate jurors to ensure a fair trial. I think each has the right to 3 juror eliminations for any reason. If that wasn't available, the judge or prosecution could stack the jury to ensure conviction of the defendant, which is illegal per the Constitution. Fair trial... Constitutional right for all US Citizens. I think that judge was breaking the law.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

phigment is offline Senior Member
    the grand jury dosn't judge innocence/guilt. They determine if there is enough evidence to prosecute.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Ham sandwich, anyone?

A nice night out

Well, I ate more than I needed, but kept to my plan, and didn't eat anything I didn't bring, or wasn't good for me. So: no gravy, potatoes, carrots, rolls, apple pie, crackers, wine. A fun time hanging out with my friends, with good talk and the right amount of silliness. Got some knitting done, too!

Unfortunately, the weather has been so mild here, that something is growing that is setting off my allergies, and I started having quite a bit of back-of-the-throat drainage yesterday. I feel very raspy. I started with the hot tea, to keep things cleared out, and I'm going to continue today.

So, yesterday:

Up at 5:15
    Weight: 209.0

12:30 fajita salad again- delicious!

2:45 1/4C wasabi almonds

7:00 2 plates of pot roast
    swiss chard-cabbage gratin
    sweet potatoes with onion and bacon

8:30 2C vanilla cream with a
    a square of dark chocolate

Walking: 40 minutes
    Water: 12 glasses

Bed at 11:00

Today I am going to be working fast and furiously on the mitts for Girlfriend, while also writing out the pattern for the reverse mitt. I disapprove STRONGLY of patterns that simply say, 'work second mitt as first, reversing directions'. Lame. I can figure it out, but that's what the PATTERN is supposed to do!

Oh, yesterday at the .99 store I got:
    7 bosc pears, 1/2 pound ginger(do you see a detox bath in my plans?), 2 pounds carrots, 4.4 ounces blackberries, and 3 large zucchini for five dollars. I think I could like this.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Sabine, I saw a SOUL today in green. Beautiful car.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I'm seeing them EVERYWHERE, now that I have one. Parked next to an orange one at the post office on Wednesday! I like that green that they come in- reminds me of lizards.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    So lovely that you're driving your new 'soul' around Kidding, glad you have a good new car that you really like. Such a wonderful sense of freedom to be able to go and do the things that need doing! So happy that things are turning around for you! And so glad too that the food is going better and you are back on track. I am proud of you - you have been through a terrible time and now you can breathe again - enjoy!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Hey, Coll! How did the craft fair go?

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    It really is fun driving a new car, isn't it? I will admit that I am really, really enjoying mine. After so many years in the old one, it is such a new experience.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold