Page 171 of 415 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 4148

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 171

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This IS Texas, Judg! I believe we have the largest percentage of our population incarcerated, and someone's got to judge them. (Yes, isn't that the statistic you want your state to be at the head of!)

Well, he's been called to city, county, and TRUANCY court. Never has had to serve yet.

They PAY you for babysitting!?! Where the heck...oh, right...Canada, the civilized place.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you'll get cancelled. That happens to me all of the time. But maybe you want to go? You get paid, yes? I used to like to do it once in a blue moon - it was so different than what I usually do. I never get picked for a jury. A lawyer friend told me I'm a nightmare - an educated professional woman.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I never get picked, either.. That's why it's such a pain, and oh, the parking nightmare.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Same here. Except, in a way, I'm worse. Most lawyers do NOT want an engineer, as we "have no feelings to be swayed." It's all facts and logic with us. Add to that educated and female... yeah.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah, NO WAY, a female scientist? You're too smart and you think too much. And you have letters after your name to prove it!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Most lawyers don't recognize EIT. Most recognize PE, which is the big leap to legally being an engineer.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I wouldn't mind serving. I would feel like a good citizen. I am probably their dream juror: a gullible housewife. The pay is paltry- I think $6 per day. It would just about cover the gas.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I just called too. I have to call in the night before to see if my juror number is required to come in. I happen to be #369 so the likelyhood of having to go in is very small. I don't want to do it. Serving on the Grand Jury a few years back was traumatic enough! Drug dealers, incest, rape and robbery............... what is wrong with these people? I don't care to be slapped in the face with the dredges of the american society. Its depressing.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Curious - how do you prepare your "kale with onions and turkey broth"? I have all the ingredients and have no clue what to do with the kale...

I heat up some bacon grease in the pan, saute some onion, and while that is going, wash the kale and strip the greens off the stems. Chop the stems into dice and throw them in with the onions. When they're good and soft, add the kale leaves, still with water clinging to them. Add the broth(about 1/2-1C per bunch of kale), cover, and let it cook over very low heat, for about an hour, stirring occasionally, and adding more liquid to keep them moist as needed. I like to have a little 'pot liquor' in the pan when they're ready to eat. Delicious, especially with an over-easy egg on top. A bunch of kale makes enough for three servings for me, or one side dish for our family of four, none of whom like kale as much as I do, but all of whom eat their small serving with good grace.