Page 168 of 415 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 4148

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 168

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Make sure the oils are meant for the bath. I've had a rash for 3 days.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Is falling asleep at 8:30 primal?

If so, I've got that covered. Seems I can't sit down on the sofa in the evenings anymore, without dozing off. Once I finished putting up all of Littlest's laundry (did it ALL yesterday, and as she is a teenage girl, you can only imagine!) I sat back to enjoy a little James Bond. Conk. Didn't even realize I was asleep until my Honey woke me up to come to a real mattress.

This is how yesterday went:

Up at 6:30
    Weight:208.5

A de-tox bath

10:00 Shakshuka with
    2 bratwursts and
    2 eggs

1:00 LARGE salad with
    chicken and ranch dressing while out with friends
    (No bread though, I threw it off my plate as quickly as I could)
    1C ice cream with cookie crumbs in it
    (refrained from slurping up the chocolate sauce that was drizzled all over the plate)

6:30 1 1/2C baked cauliflower with turkey chunks

Walking: 20 minutes
    Water: 11 glasses

Bed at 8:30ish

In spite of the ice cream, I feel it was a good day. I am very pleased about the water consumption. Just one day of that is enough to make me feel back on track. And I walked a little! I'm meeting a friend again today, to go yarn hunting for a joint project, and then watch an episode of 'Upstairs, Downstairs', but after that I'm planning a walk to the post office. My sister-in-law forgot a few items. That's a 35 minute walk, there, and if I go to the store in the other direction for milk, that will be another 30 minutes.

Did I mention how marvelous it is, having a kitchen sink drain that works again ?!? You just pull out the stopper and the water goes away! No taking it anywhere by yourself. Civilization is wonderful!!! Of course, that's less heavy lifting, but for this, I'll make an exception. No trying to fit more bailing into my life. I'll stick with the minimum!

We got to talk to Eldest last night. They will be here late on the evening of the 12th!

Another potato thread?

Already got chuckles from this one, though.

...later...

Oh my goodness. That's all I can say.

...and again...

You can just copy some of these posts and fit them right into the 'Funny CW' thread. Or maybe '30bananas'.

...heeheehee...

Just can't stop myself from going back. Did I just read that? I believe I did. "[You're eating the right amount of calories to maintain. You'll need to eat less. But be sure you eat until you are full.]" You can't make this stuff up.

...people chow?...

And yet I keep going back! BratKat inserted a note of normality. Good to read someone who had good results without being wild about it. It WAS interesting that BratKat saw the best results two days after returning to primal-normal. Oh, wait...am I being sucked in!?!...Must stay away!
    Last edited by Sabine; 12-05-2012 at 06:58 AM. Reason: even more mind-boggling potato stuff

ecks is offline Senior Member
    MMM... i sometimes day dream about having nights where im not busy at 8:30pm... I'd love to fall asleep then! As for being primal- I think it's extremely primal- when sun is down it's time to sleep.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I need some of that primal! Going to sleep at 8:30 sounds like heaven ... I used to do that long ago before being married and having kids. I was working really hard physically and was up with the sun in the mornings, by the evening I would be pooped, shower and crash and be up at about 5 the next morning - I loved it!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I did the bath - skipped the oils. It felt wonderful. I may do another this morning.

Yeah for the new car!!! I've been trying to convince my son to buy a Soul for MONTHS! He needs a new car! Let us know how you like it as you settle in and get used to it.

Congrats on the number on the scales!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Food thoughts

I ate breakfast at 9:00. A good, hearty breakfast.

Felt some hunger at 12:00, but it wasn't convenient to eat. By the time I got home, I had forgotten/didn't feel hungry.

On the way back from the grocery, though, here comes hunger again, with a dilemma.

It was 2:30, and dinner is planned for 6:00.

Do I eat a full lunch, a small lunch, a snack, or nothing? I listed the pros and cons:

Full lunch- It would satisfy me now, and be healthy: I might not be hungry for dinner, but would eat it nevertheless.

Small lunch- It might not be enough to fill me up: it might be just right! A small dose of meat and veg.

Snack- Could be just enough to tide me over: coming at this time of day, it might set me off into 'snacking' mode.

Nothing- I could just eat the fat on my body: I'm hungry!

Decided on a small lunch, and in figuring out how I will get a SMALL amount of meat and veg, I decided on turkey slices rolled up with boursin cheese and cooked mushrooms inside. Typing this up while the mushrooms cook. I thought it was a good bit of listening to my body and trying to figure out a food plan for the moment.

Oh, so I suddenly realized it has been a week since I got back on track. My scary Q was 214.5, and I am at 208.0 this morning. So 6.5 pounds of bloat. Now I'm ready for some slow and steady downward action.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Yay on the new car and the fixed sink drain! AND THE LOSS WOOHOO!!!!

If I would go to bed at 8:30-9 when I feel the most tired, I would feel better. I usually push through, stay up too late when the hubs gets home and then have to nap on Saturday.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Excellent weight loss for a week! woo hoo!!! And nice choice on the lunch dilemma Lately if I have to make that kind of choice - I opt for a small snack of something high fat - like almonds or almond butter - then REALLY enjoy my next meal to the fullest!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140