Page 161 of 396 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 3955

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 161

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    As quickly as it went on, Sabine, I would expect it to also come off quickly. I can't imagine that 30 lbs is all water weight, but I bet about half of it will be. Just get back on track and hope for the best. Good luck.

My daughter was sick with a crazy fever for 2 days last week! (Luckily, she only puked twice - 1st time was probably due to being sick, 2nd time was because I gave her juice and she was so thirsty she chugged it down too fast). I hope you feel better soon. Being sick sucks.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    The sickies must be passing over the entire continent! I felt queazy all night and woke up Friday morning on the "throne" and puking into the trash can. It passed quickly though and I was fine for the rest of the day - good thing cuz Friday evening was our family gathering.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Y'all get to feeling better soon. The sick is never fun.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm up for half an hour's amusement on the boards, then back to bed. Passed the morning in a stupor, drinking tea, and snuggling with the dogs. Middlest is feeling on the mend(if not BETTER), so I am hoping I am just 12 hours behind her.

Hope you feel better soon.

Well, there's nothing like being sick, for getting the numbers down

Yesterday:

Lazed in bed most of the day, except when I was in the bathroom. Hungry by evening, so at 5:45 I ate sliced ham and asparagus spears fried in bacon grease. Tasted so good, but it wasn't appreciated by my stomach. It stayed down, but activated my bowels in a big way.

Weight this morning: 210.0.

I do feel back to normal, though, so I'm looking forward to some walking and moderate food that will make my stomach happy. Thinking I might be getting my sugar rebound today, too, which I am NOT looking forward to. But it has got to be done to get through to the other side.

It seems like there are a lot of us, recommitting for the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas. And some new journals popping up. I'm so glad we are getting to it now, and not just writing our efforts off until after New Year's. That would have been my modis operandi before. But now I am anxious to feel good, and not just stuff my face with everything I can, like it's a race.

Aversion therapy

I just finished catching up with PediDoc's journal, and she mentioned eating some gluten and losing sleep and throwing up right away. Reminded me of something I did while I was sick yesterday. It was strange, and I won't know if it worked for a bit, but I thought I'd give it a try.

While I was lying there, feeling gross, I thought of as many 'bad' foods as I could, and tried to associate them with feeling bad. As in, imagining I was eating them, and letting the nauseous feelings overtake me. There was a limit to how many I could do, because it made me feel even worse, but I gave it a try.

This was based on my experiences being sick during and directly after I ate something, and then never wanting to eat it again. One was very sad: I ate Leyseiffler truffles during my morning sickness with Eldest, and have never been able to eat them, or even think about them too strongly, since. And those truffles were fantastic! The second was a Chik-fil-a sandwich eaten as I was coming down with strep throat. No great loss there, but every time smell I Chik-fil-a, I feel sick.

These aren't things I ate: I just imagined them, but we'll see if it makes them less appealing in the future.

It might just work! I haven't been able to eat Chef Boyardee's Ravioli since I was very young b/c I ate a can once and then puked. Same with my Great-Grandmother's apple salad. It wasn't the fault of the food - I ate too much and then played too hard as a wee one - like age 6 or so.

I had a strong aversion to tacos while pregnant with my son. To this day, I cannot eat a soft taco.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Getting violently ill after eating pizza at a putt putt place means I still can't really eat plain cheese pizza. Same goes for smoked cheese. I also can't stand the taste of fake grape, cherry, or banana because of all the tylenol I threw up as a kid. I can't even be in the same room as popcorn, thanks to the nausea it induces (back then, EVERYONE used cottonseed oil in popcorn.)
    I've managed to associate the smell and taste of corn off the cob with the school cafeteria (meaning I don't want it.) Same goes for a few other things (including chili with beans.)
    I think you can instill aversions, if you're proactive with it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

tomi is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I'm thinking............. m&m's are a good focus for me in this thought process! I could use a little mental aversion to those little buggers! I think if I just remember the "rat hairs" allowed by the FDA in ALL candy - I should be good to go with the need to pop a few in my mouth............. YUCKY!

Great idea! Use that barfy feeling to your advantage
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.