Page 154 of 415 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 4148

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 154

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    WOOHOO!!!!!!! Congratulations, chica! I'm so farking glad to hear that!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Me too... YAY

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Yeeehaaaa! Awesome news!! It is for real - no last minute changes!! I really hope this is a good job that is going to be better than just a bill payer (though that is plenty nice I know!) Keep us updated on how his first day goes!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hopefully this job turns into a career!! Best of luck to you both now that you can relax a bit and finally BREATHE! Quick question - is he paid weekly, bi-weekly or monthly? It doesn't really matter, I was just curious how long it might be before the money starts flowing for you. If it's weekly, it'll probably be two weeks before his first check, three to four weeks if he's paid bi-weekly, and sadly, probably five to six weeks if he's paid monthly. I don't know how people survive on a monthly paycheck.

Brad and I get paid bi-weekly, on alternating weeks. So this week, I get paid, next week he gets paid. We barely make it week to week b/c we let our debts get out of control. I can't imagine how hard it would be if we were paid monthly... the self control we'd have to display... impossible!

Anyhow, I'm super excited that your hubby has a job and everyone can get back to life. What an ordeal! I'm so so so glad it's over.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    And...he's off! Feels so good to be sending your husband off to work.

And to be back on my normal schedule. I like having time to myself to do my chores, and it was too easy to slip out of my normal routine when my Honey was here. (Not that all of it was bad: one side-effect of unemployment is more cuddle time, always good!)

I've already gotten my dishes done, and the rest of my chores set up for the morning. Just saw Littlest off to school, and once the furnace man is done (yay for service agreements) I'll be able to eat my breakfast and do my chores in leisure while I listen to NPR. Another thing I've missed. Honey liked limited amount of news when he was unemployed, to avoid even more stress, but that meant I didn't get my fix because I was trying to keep things mellow for him. Well, the radio is ON! The Brussel sprouts are cooking, and I am feeling fine!

Once we get caught up on our bills I'll be feeling even better, because Honey will be earning more at this job. Yay!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    A pay raise even! SCORE!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yay!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Holy crow, that's AWESOME, Sabine!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Bye, spammer. Meet the black triangle.
    My Primal Battle Tome

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Oh, Sabine! I am so happy for you and honey! How very exciting to see that chapter of your life CLOSE! On to new and better things!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140